The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello, I'm Lobo2me and I'm a remixoholic.

Last night I found this site and I now have 110 MB of remixes, all downloaded with a 56K modem :D

My favourite song is still Sonic 3 - Her Azure Eyes by DarkeSword, with Chrono Trigger - Calamitous Judgement in second place.

Are there more mixes here that are similar to Her Azure Eyes? I prefer the techno sound with a nice melody that I can whistle to :)

Edit:

This is the second of my 3-post series, just wanted it to say something else than the first :)

Can anyone tell me if I can request remixes of certain songs here? I'm dying to hear some more remixes of C64 songs, I have 24000 .sid files myself, and C64 had some of the best melodies I've ever heard... Monty on the run is amazing, especially considering it only has 2 channels of music :D

Hello, I'm Lobo2me and I'm a remixoholic.

Last night I found this site and I now have 110 MB of remixes, all downloaded with a 56K modem :D

My favourite song is still Sonic 3 - Her Azure Eyes by DarkeSword, with Chrono Trigger - Calamitous Judgement in second place.

Are there more mixes here that are similar to Her Azure Eyes? I prefer the techno sound with a nice melody that I can whistle to :)

You must have gotten an error message when posting, which i'm guessing is the result of your triple post.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=49467

Check this out if that's what has happened.

Otherwise, welcome to the boards :) and upgrade to cable connection! :P

Edit:

This is the second of my 3-post series, just wanted it to say something else than the first :)

Can anyone tell me if I can request remixes of certain songs here? I'm dying to hear some more remixes of C64 songs, I have 24000 .sid files myself, and C64 had some of the best melodies I've ever heard... Monty on the run is amazing, especially considering it only has 2 channels of music :D

There's an entire ReQuests forum dedicated to this, you can request anything there. There's no guarantee it will be picked up though. Make sure to include a link to the original track, so any interested remixers will know what they'll be mixing.

Oh, and I've merged your two original posts and deleted the others(Part of the moderating job).

I'm a tad bit late, but I guess it's best for me to introduce myself here regardless.

Hello to everyone, I've been visiting this site since June of 2004. I found out about this site through DarkeSword's website, which I discovered from RPGamer. I just want to say thank you to all the people that keep this site running; all of the remixers, judges, moderators, and regulars help keep this an interesting and invigorating website. Oh, and of course, djpretzel, whose blood, sweat, and tears are the foundations of this website.

okay, syncophant mode off

My favorite remix is...

Oh snap, I almost made a newbie mistake. Sorry about that.

Hey guys I'm new here! LoloLOolLolol!!1!!1

Just kidding.

Well as I checked through the thread, I realized that I never really introduced myself. I'm 16 and live in Virginia. I've been on OCR since early 2003, but I really don't like message boards, so I never joined. I was pushed into joining, and have since really loved this site. Each area has a distinct feel to it, Unmod being the most rowdy of them all. Anyways, a late hello to all.

Hey guys I'm new here! LoloLOolLolol!!1!!1

Just kidding.

Well as I checked through the thread, I realized that I never really introduced myself. As you can see my name is Starlight. I'm 16 and live in Virginia. I've been on OCR since early 2003, but I really don't like message boards, so I never joined. I was pushed into joining, and have since really loved this site. Each area has a distinct feel to it, Unmod being the most rowdy of them all. Anyways, a late hello to all.

I never realized it, you've only been here since october, and have 1400+ posts...damn...thats a lot of posting! I bet they're all quality too :roll:

:lol: jk

You bring up an interesting point. I don't think I did either, uh, but yeah, I think at this point it is unnecessary.

As long as we're on the topic of late intros:

May name is SoloGamer87, as you can see. I've been coming to this site since 2002 I believe. I never really bothered to read the forums until one September say when I got bored in Computer Programming class. I decided to join in December. I've been playing games for as long as I can remeber. Since I spent most of my life playing Nintendo consoles (the only non-Nintendo system I owned back then was the Genesis), I developed a bit of a fanboyism. Fortunately, I have grown out of it and now own all three of the current systems.

To all you n00bs out there, there is no need to fear UnMod. If you've got a sense of humor, then you will definately fit in. If, however you make your first post there, they will greet you with the likes of goatse, begel wang, tubgirl, and many, many more.

I sort of had the same anti-post thing going on, at least at first. Before I joined OCRemix I was basically trolling a message board for a MUD I had played for 3 years. The board itself was pretty slow and posts were scarce (and usually from the same old crowd) so I didn't feel like I had much to input there, except an occasional flame or something.

But here, there are always new topics or something to do, so it keeps me entertained.

Just don't post a thread asking if you love FF7 or not. Trust me.

I don't know what you're talking about.....really... :wink:

Woah. Getting hit on by a lesbian. MY LIFE IS AWESOME.

*ahem*

Okay, in all seriousness, UnMod has had a couple run-ins with people who did that. The results were too horrifying for words.

Hello everyone. Long time DLer, brand new member. I'm a bit of a techno junkie, but I listen to just about everything. I have enjoyed everything I've downloaded from here and continue to build my collection. And hopefully I'll have my own remix on this site... I just have to learn what to do.

Hi. You have a hamster on your face.