The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello, I'm Zanzibar_Junker, I've been a long time visitor of this site and have caught up with this forum just recently. I am into fighting games, shooters, puzzles, action games and strategy games. Well I hope that this is an adequate introduction and I hope to stay on good terms with everyone in the community.

hey hey. Ive been lurking for a while, unregistered, and d/ling many remixes along the way.

I go by many names on the internet - some of you may know me from other places, including here. If you figure out who I am, Ill give you a cookie.

Anyhow, hello to all.

Hi everyone, I'm Cold Rhapsody! Brr! Anywho, I've made a few posts in the past here and there, mostly spontaneous though, requesting a remix or just posting a reply to a topic that interested me. I consider myself a n00b still, but plan to make plenty-a post in the future and hopefully stick around a while. I cannot mix, I come to d/l and listen to all the great music mixed by others and I have to say that everyone does a wonderful job here! I love it!

Well now that I can read the forum...

I'm new. Hello!

I've always been just a downloader but I've recently had the strong urge to learn to remix. Music runs in the family but I just haven't been motivated enough until now. I want to kick my own ass for not learning some guitar or keyboard but anyway... My profile's in the signature.

Nice to meet you all. :wink:

Welcome to the forums, everyone. If you need help getting something moved/locked/deleted, ask the moderators(PM, instant message, e-mail) Just check the groups(Community > Groups) to see who the moderators are, or check signatures.

Oh, and always read the stickies first. They're helpful :).

Hi, I'm a huge fan of this site, been coming here for some years now and it just gets better and better. I've only posted here and there, and made a bad decision on a new thread ^_^0. Sorry about that, those that read it. Anyways! Hope everyone is doing good, and again, great job always to all those hard working remixers out there!

Call me Tater or Chips for short if you want to. Even monster will do, just watch out after you call me that particularly latter name. I am known on many other communities by many other names, but one common thing I am universally known for is a lack of sanity and a therewith inconsistant obsession over order rather than chaos.

I remember when I gave up searching for the best game music community on the web, and when I gave up searching for ways to remix music because I knew of none other than Anvil. Earlier, on old friend from GamingW provided me with a link to play in Winamp, but no details about the source of this streaming media. It really T-Oed me because I loved the remixes and wanted to get to their rich source.

Here I am now. I found everything I gave up looking for. I am a writer and an overactive roleplayer. Now I hope to do morw with music than hum it and sing it by remixing, extending my talents so they can feed off of each other as I always dreamed of doing.

Enough with the drama. I'm just happy to be here.

Call me Tater or Chips for short if you want to. Even monster will do, just watch out after you call me that particularly latter name. I am known on many other communities by many other names, but one common thing I am universally known for is a lack of sanity and a therewith inconsistant obsession over order rather than chaos.

Welcome to OCR, Tater. From what you just said, looks like you'll feel right at home in UnMod where insanity rules and chaos reigns supreme.

Well now that I can read the forum...

I'm new. Hello!

I've always been just a downloader but I've recently had the strong urge to learn to remix. Music runs in the family but I just haven't been motivated enough until now. I want to kick my own ass for not learning some guitar or keyboard but anyway... My profile's in the signature.

Nice to meet you all. :wink:

Hmm...Your predicament sounds very similar to my own...

new here... been downloading for a while though.

heh my friends think im insane for coming here all the time.

so hello and i'm looking forward to many posts in the future.

oh and about the name... it comes from the fact that i have 7 pillows on my bed.

Hey guys. Another n00b here sayin "hi".

Been coming to this site ever since late 2001 but only just now decided to join the forums. I'm really into videogame music and I find it to be the best kind. Never really got into the remixing stuff although I have the technical skills, I'm not musically inclined in the least bit so no point in making people's ears bleed.

As for the handle, I do a lot of 3D modeling stuff so it just sounded right.

So.. when do I get flamed? ;-)

Basically, whenever you do something really dumb ;). Generally, if you read all the stickies and follow their advice, if you don't use aimspeak, nonsarcastic leet, StIcKyCaPs or any of the other annoyances of that sort, and if you don't go around mindlessly insulting people who don't deserve it, there's a pretty good chance you'll never be flamed at all :).

Unless you talk to the wrong people, of course. But then, the rest of the people in the thread will usually come to your aid.

Y hallo dar, ocremix!(sorry about the aimspeak, just had to use it for that) anyways i registered so i could figure out if there was a program used for remixing...whatever, anyways, i really want to start doing that! (im acting like a dumbass because im so anxious to begin remixing, sorry) yesh, hi im reuben...

Basically, whenever you do something really dumb ;). Generally, if you read all the stickies and follow their advice, if you don't use aimspeak, nonsarcastic leet, StIcKyCaPs or any of the other annoyances of that sort, and if you don't go around mindlessly insulting people who don't deserve it, there's a pretty good chance you'll never be flamed at all :).

Unless you talk to the wrong people, of course. But then, the rest of the people in the thread will usually come to your aid.

A lot of that stuff pisses me off too, so I probably won't have a hard time fitting in. :lol:

Thanks.