The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello all, I've been listening to OCR's for a long time now, back when this site was still just getting started and there weren't even 500 songs yet. Aahh bring back memories =)

Anywho, I signed up for the forums because I want to try remixing myself, or give it a shot at least. I've wanted to remix since I first discovered this site, and I guess now it's finally time to try!

Nice to meet everyone ^_^

Greetings everyone! I've been a lurker for a while, and recently decided I put some words to my thoughts, and hopefully get to know a few of you.

I'm currently living in Japan, but am originally from Minnesota, USA. Trying my best to learn more Japanese and keep up with a lot of talent I've heard so far on the site. Let's see... my interest in games ranges from Adventure to Party to RPG to Puzzle to Strategy... and everywhere in between. Hmmm, I keep wanting to say my favorite food is cantaloupe or something (Japan seems to be very fond of self-introductions, and I'm used to using very simple things to talk about myself).

As far as music goes, I minored in music at my college with a focus in vocal... and I only know a bit of music theory to try and back up my opinion. In other words, I'm still learning and I hope to learn a few things along the way! See you around the forums! Yoroshiku

Well, for my introduction. I go by Irateresearchers.

I've downloaded tons of content from this site, as well as led others to it long before joining.

I would be a gamer, artist (so they say), and a writer.

I also tend to use ellipses far to often.

I've followed the site since "Voices of the Lifestream."

My favorite music would be DnB, Rock, Acoustic, and Techno.

My favorite games would be:

Total Annihilation

Command and Conquer (Gold Edition) and Red Alert

Starcraft

Final Fantasy IV,V, and VI

Warcraft III

Thunderforce II

Jungle Strike

Half-Life 1 and 2

Metroid Prime

and lastly World of Warcraft...

Not in any particular order.

I dislike debating over religion or politics, because it tends to make people hate me. I do like talking about Warhammer 40k (tabletop).

I have a love of fiction, preferrably fantasy and sci-fi, and would be happy to discuss recent novels.

I enjoy vocaloids too, but I like OC Remix music more.

My only experience (sp?) in musicmaking would be Garageband (which wasn't that lovely.)

That about covers it.

Geez... that was only four times bigger than I'd hoped...

Hey guys, glad to finally be apart of the community :)

I've been a stalker of the OC Remix website for a couple o' years now, and thought it was finally time to join the forums and attempt to make a contribution to some of the awesome, fantastic, brilliant work here, if I can.

Note that in a year I'll probably still only be 'planning' to do a remix ^^;

I play the alto sax, susato pentatonic recorders, and can sing, as well as having access to heaps of talented musician friends and a recording studio at my university that can be book to use for free. I'm still just a beginner at Pro Tools but I hope to become more familiar with it in the near future. Until then, I will work with my humble little Cool Edit Pro 2 xD

When I do actually come out with a few remixes, they're probably be around the area of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Shadow of the Colossus and Sailor Moon: Another Story (although I'm not even sure if there's a category for the latter), as they're the games I already have tracks in mind for.

Um, that's all for now. :tomatoface:

I've been a fan of this site for over a year but never participated. I just got finished with my Electrical Engineering classes recently so now I actually have time to do things that I want to do (like play and write music)!

I play Electric Bass and a bit of Keyboard. I love rock,metal,techno,trance,house,jazz, and classical.

I use Propellerhead's Reason and Record to make music.

I love the albums on ocremix.

I hope to contribute my own musicality to this wonderful community.

Obtuse

Edited by Obtuse
wrote obtuse twice

I've never tried Drum and Bass music. I'd love to experiment with it sometime.

Prophet, for me music is music. Music is just pitches rearranged in time. Most of the time those pitches played with a rhythm make me feel good. The pitches however must be used in an organized fashion and adhere to some music theory rules.

I only have a few genres I absolutely hate : Hardcore Screamo, most of that emo indie crap, radio pop, radio rock, and reggae.

I hate what the mainstream has done to modern music.

I too wonder why the Bass is spelled B-A-S-S.

On dictionary.com Base is defined as "the bottom support of anything; that on which a thing stands or rests".

Edited by Obtuse