The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

oh hey there. long time listener, first time caller.

name's mythosRADIATA. myth or RM for short.

to avoid sounding repetitive, i won't say i'm here to make music. which kinda works out because i'm really not that musically inclined at all. betcha don't get that one every day.

to sum things up - hi.

Heyla! I've been listening since about 2004 and finally decided to show up.

While I would like to remix, it probably will not happen. I am fairly musically inclined, but I don't have the money or time to put into remixing (college takes over my life). The only 'instrument' I have experience in is my voice. I usually sing alto, but I can sing soprano too sometimes.

to avoid sounding repetitive, i won't say i'm here to make music. which kinda works out because i'm really not that musically inclined at all. betcha don't get that one every day.

to sum things up - hi.

you're an awesome human being. welcome to this site. i welcome your non-musical contribution. at least you aren't going to try to be something you're not =) for all i know you're the next BT, but at least you don't claim to be him.

likewise >;o. hello all

to sum things up - hi.

Edited by leaf

Heya, I'm FreezeFlame. I too have been around the site for some time. Love all the music here.

I do remix/arrange some music to video games such as Legend Of Zelda. I have 6 years on the Trumpet, and 3 years on the Piano. But I am not a fan of recording myself playing covers of songs. So I use FL Studio 8 to write my melodies. I specialize in arrangement of music, rather than covering a song note-for-note. I use Symphonic/Orchestral instruments in FL, with using Edirol Orchestral. I hope to contribute here as soon as I have enough confidence to post something...

^most of us here are trying to improve in musical production(or whatever you'd like to call it) & the best way is to give & receive feedback. no one on this forum should be ashamed of posting their compositions, because we all have to start somewhere :mrgreen:

i should take my own advice 8-O

Greetings!

An acquaintance of mine told me about OC Remix in 2005 and I have absolutely no idea why I didn't stick around....

Anyway, I found Wikipedia's article on OCR and decided to join. :smile:

Although I am certainly NOT a remixer (Although it has always interested me), I love music ever so passionately and LOVE hearing new (to me) music. :mrgreen:

:puppyeyes:

Erm, if you have any questions, PM me. :?

Howdy, folks.

KK Slider's the name, speed's my... no wait...

Jokes apart, I'm here to make music, both vg covers and non. XD

I hope to be a good boy here and to be of help to anyone who needs it.

I'm not that active, though, as I do many, many things at the same time, so please try to understand me... Talk about pressure. xD

Anyway, see you around!

KKS

• 2 weeks later...

I'm brand new to the forums but I've been a fan of OD remix for a couple years now, ever since I heard Voices of the Lifestream.

I have a musical background and am also interested in Sound Engineering/mixing/editing.

What's a good way to get started doing a mix for this site? I have a Macbook pro and would appreciate some recommendations for programs that would help a beginner. Thanks in advance!

I'm brand new to the forums but I've been a fan of OD remix for a couple years now, ever since I heard Voices of the Lifestream.

I have a musical background and am also interested in Sound Engineering/mixing/editing.

What's a good way to get started doing a mix for this site? I have a Macbook pro and would appreciate some recommendations for programs that would help a beginner. Thanks in advance!

Well, if you mean DAWs, start trying out some, like FL studio, Sonar, Reason, Pro Tools. REAPER. And try to figure out which works best for your workflow. experiment! Welcome to OverClocked ReMix!

Hello all. I first heard OCRemix a few years back and always checked back from time to time...but I'm a member on so many forums that I decided not to join. However, I feel that I can go no longer being unable to post feedback and speak with such musical masterminds as yourselves.

Hi to everyone!

For long time I've been listener to all the amazing tracks from OCremix and Dwelling of Duels, and, finally, I concerned to join to all You, happy people!

I want to start by taking part in Megaman 9 remix project, and, someday, to become a winner at DoD contest :)

Hello everyone. I'm new here on the forums, but I have been visiting for about 5 years now.

I always said that if I got means, I'd join the OCremix, since I love games and I love music.

Subsequently, I kinda like game music. Go figure.

I got Fruity Loops a while back sometime in May, so I finally have the means to make music. Whether that music is good or not.. well.....

In any event, a small history:

I've played the piano for 10+ years, and the trumpet for 9, am considering a double-major in music theory (I am a history major now), and I am a big aficionado of modern classical music, ie, stuff that no one likes to listen to (Schoenberg, Ligeti, Boulez, etc). A small dream of mine (something of a joke) is to do a total serialist rendition of the Zelda theme. How would that work out? I still have to figure that one out.

My favorite game series are pretty typical... I like Zelda, and Final Fantasy, and Fire Emblem, etc. My all time favorite series would have to be Metroid. In fact, I signed up on this forum under the name "Emperor Ing" a good 2 years ago. However, I never received an activation email, and despite emailing a few folks, I got nothing. That's in the past, and I'm fine, since this is the name of my music-making persona across the web.

Hopefully, you won't think me TOO much of a noob. Amateur, definitely. But noob? That's harsh.

Here is a sample of something I made for an album a while back (totally free of course):

http://www.last.fm/music/Emperor+Charlemagne/_/Organ+Grinder

I like to cover a bevy of styles, but if I get myself a really good free (lol) orchestral set of samples, I want to focus primarily on orchestral arrangements. I already have a few Metroid NES ones lined up in my head, so....

Well, I also joined because musically, I've been in a rut, and maybe being amongst other musicians might help me break out. I loves the OCR, and I hope to become a somewhat active member here!

Sorry for the long read.

Hey everyone! I'm Rob/Jack Polo, I hail from a small town north of Ottawa, Canada.

My introduction to OCR came this past summer; working at a resort, I had the chance to listen to these ReMixes while strolling through the woods on my breaks, it was pretty awesome. Needless to say, I have been constantly coming back for more.

I finally decided to join a few days ago. I have a, uhh... somewhat fairly decent? musical background, so I intend to, one day, try my hand at ReMixing.

Buuut until then, I'm perfectly fine with just sitting back and listening to the sweet, sweet sounds that everyone else has to offer! :-P

I never noticed this thread when i joined. I'm still a newbie though so i'll say hi.

HAI

My name's Johnny. I live in Scotland. I'm 20 years old and my birthday is on 9/11 (aren't i lucky). I'm studying music at college which covers MIDI, live performance, theory etc. Really enjoying it. I'm an epic Sonic fan so if anyone needs a good conversation about the series then they should talk to me. I love all Nintendo series among other games. I am a mod on the site www.tweeaks.com/forums. If you like graphics and game talk then you should go there. I have no interest in graphics or making sigs but i really enjoy it there, mainly because it's not a huge community, so you get to know the people a lot better and they're all really cool. Plus it doesn't have any big restrictions when it comes to customising sigs, and you get your own ava and stuff. It makes you feel more individual.

I love OC ReMix. I found it randomly on Last FM and discovered the Project Chaos album. It really blew my mind. I'd like to make my own remixes but i'm not sure where to start, so any help there would be much appreciated. My favourite remixers would be Sixto and SnappleMan. They just do my kind of music, me being a metalhead and all :P

So hopefully i'll enjoy my time here and will submit a remix in the near future.

Peace out <3

Edited by SonicSynthesis