The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Looks like with the exception of SILVERWOLF_87 our welcoming crew has thinned out considerably over the last little while. Regardless, welcome to all you new guys and gals and I hope that your stay here is a good one. On a positive note you all found the right thread to pop in and say “howdy” so that’s always a leap in the right direction. Oh, and as always beware of UnMod it has been known to eat a few brains in its time. Goodness knows I haven’t been able to string together more than two intelligent thoughts in succession since I wandered into that place way back when (Or it may be because I’m a complete an utter moron but let us not talk of that :wink: ). I kid I kid, any question feel free to ask away.

P.S. deathax: it might help if you gave us some insight on that radio station of yours, some of us have clicked on a random link in UnMod one to many times and are a little on the wary side (a.k.a. never seem to learn our lesson the first time). :)

Hey guys, my name's Chris. I've been a fan of OCReMixes, but I didn't discover the forums until about a couple of months ago. I've been lurking around since joining, but I didn't think to post until now.

Later.

Heh, Extra_Crispy, I like your name. Perhaps you should go to GenDisc and discuss a game. Oh yes, and welcome to the OCR boards by the way. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hmm, couldn't resist making things rhyme :wink:

Hey guys and gals, I'm dd_mcdoodle and I'm a new user here. Some of you may know me from cheapassgamer.com, some of you may not. My hobbies are playing video games and the guitar. I joined this forum a while ago, and I never really visited the forum after that, until now. I am a huge fan of OCRemix, I even proudly wear my navy blue OCRemix hoodie to school all the time. Well, that's pretty much all I have to say, thanks!

Heeeeeee---yy! It's really weird to realize you've had an account for an absurd amount of time but have never, ever posted anything. So here I am. Posting something for the first time. I don't even remember when I first started coming to OCRemix, let alone where I got my name from. I guess that makes me absent-minded, but whatever. I've been viewing forum posts forever it seems like and I feel I should at least join in on the "fun" every once and awhile. Also, I'm one of the biggest Suikoden nuts on the face of the planet..so..if you want to talk Suiko, I'm your man! Yeah! Woo! Forum! A'right!

Please' date=' I am K'.[/quote']

Man, you're having way too much fun with this.

Anyway, welcome all new people to OCR. I invite you to come to UnMod for a unique flavor of entertainment, that is, if you can handle it.

Don't go! Think of the children! :wink:

"It's a trap!" would have also been a decent response.

Hello members one and all!

I am Arek, and I wish to say that I love this site and what it does. I believe that it is this site and its great "composers" that deserve to be making music straight for the game

...if only they were hiring you guys.

Anyhow, my name derives from Lufia 2: Rise of the sinistrals. I chose it because I love Arek. He is the only sinistral who isnt powerhungry. Instead, he wishes to test humans to see if they are the ones truly who are destined to "rule" earth.

Anyhow, great community, great environment. I love it here.

Hi OCR, long time listener/downloader, just registered for the forums today. Thanks DJP for coming up with what a lot of people are considering close to a legit art form with the vg remixes here. My girl took a couple of the remixes to a club here (damned if I can remember which ones) and they ended up being hotly requested for a long time afterwards. Thanks again and congrats on the recent 5 year anniversary of the site!

Hi

I've actually been here for awhile (not that anyone would know), but something happened, so I had to register with a new account (forgot why, it was a while back) so now it looks like I've only been here for about six months.

I have a serious lurking problem, so I don't really post that much (A reflection of my real-life [lack of] social skills, possibly)

and anyWHO... isn't there a thread or two where I could get a sig? I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. ...

One last thing: UnMod is the best, until you actually post and get third-degree burns from the resulting flames - maybe thats why I have such a strong aversion to posting.

Hi

I've actually been here for awhile (not that anyone would know), but something happened, so I had to register with a new account (forgot why, it was a while back) so now it looks like I've only been here for about six months.

I have a serious lurking problem, so I don't really post that much (A reflection of my real-life [lack of] social skills, possibly)

and anyWHO... isn't there a thread or two where I could get a sig? I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. ...

One last thing: UnMod is the best, until you actually post and get third-degree burns from the resulting flames - maybe thats why I have such a strong aversion to posting.

Interesting fact: I also lack any real life social skills, but for some reason (which are pretty obvious if you hang around UnMod for a while), I have attained the status of post whore king, so my personality here is almost the opposite of what it is in real life.

Bad experiences with UnMod, eh? Well, if you ever feel like going down there, the UnMod sig-makers thread is here:

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35538

If you prefer to stay away from UnMod, then try the thread right here.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41441

Have fun. And enjoy your stay.