The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Well, I guess this is my obligatory first post as a newbie.

My name's Thomas, and I'm from Canada. I've been downloading and listening to remixes on OCR since shortly after it began and have never been anything but a casual lurker around these parts. I've also posted on and off at the Minibosses Message Board for 6 years, as Void.

Anyhow, I've always been interested in making VG remixes, but have only ever made original music. So, hopefully posting here will help to break me out of my shell.

Hello all, I am CJthemusicdude. I am a college student, majoring in Music technology and I hope to someday work in the video game industry designing sound and composing music. I've been a fan of OCremix since I was in grade school and all throughout highschool. And now that I'm in college and really learning about music composition and electronic bric-a-brac I finally am starting to create my own remixes.

I hope to remix video game pieces that are not as well know, I find it much more free and intriguing to remix a piece that hasn't even been turned into a midi yet. Nothing fills me with pride more than figuring out each pitch of each note by ear and transposing video game beeps and bloops into midi form :D.

Anyways, I hope to meet many of you and long live video game music!

Hey there OCR Community.

Been a long time listener, first time posting. Just wanted to drop a line and say hello.

I've had many a great night/drive/experience due to you great musicians out there and I aspire to one day influence someone the way everyone in this community has me.

Finally after setting aside some time of hopefully realizing some dreams, I may be able to do that real soon.

Thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to sharing in your successes and wish you all the greatest futures that you can achieve.

Sincerely,

Nathan Ladd

Good morning everybody...DJ Enhancr here from New Jersey. I just returned from Magfest 8 and what a time it was!

I had the pleasure of meeting Larry and attending the kick-ass panel OCRemix had on Saturday afternoon.

I am a 15 yr. Veteran EDM DJ (House, Trance, Techno, etc) and have just about 1 year of amatuer production skill using Acid Pro. I am looking to expand my horizons and create a few vid game rmx's of some of my favorite games.

You can check out some of my work on my Myspace... http://www.myspace.com/atsdjenhancr

My first attempt will be at God of War...cause I just love epics like that...so, we shall see. I am all for working/collabing with others to make things happen. So, hit me up and lets do this...

Hello, I thought I'd take a moment to make my presence known.

I've been listening to OCR for almost as long as the site has been active, I'm a big fan of non-traditional ReMixes, such as McVaffe's Yoshi's Rag, which I believe is now titled "Dinosaur band rehearsal" or something like that.

I am attempting to get into the active side of remixing, not just appreciating. It was about 2 months ago that my brain just started ReMixing game music on its own while I was at work, so I hope to transfer my thoughts into actual sound.

Speaking of Sound, I hold an AS in Sound Arts, so I'm a legitimate Sound Engineer with both live- and post-production experience. I'm an amateur musician, I've played bass in a rock trio, I want to learn guitar, and play piano better as I think it will aid in my composition.

In real life I get paid to do boring things, like work. It's the fun things that I do for free, like do the post-production audio editing and mastering for a local Cable-access Late-night Talk Show called Drinking With Ian. It's awesome, I've been doing it for almost three years now, with nearly 50 episodes passing through my ears before broadcast.

Musically, I tend to oscillate between Techno and Metal, some months I just CRAVE Goa Trance, and others I can't get enough Strapping Young Lad et. al. However, the music I will always enjoy is folk music, especially Scandinavian folk music like Frigg and Väsen. I also enjoy the Irish community that's in St. Paul as well as some of the fine French Musette music Dan Newton and his Cafe Accordion Orchestra play in the area.

I hope to bring some of these less-exposed genres into the OverClocked ReMix community, however I don't expect to knock square-pegs into round holes, if you know what I mean. Some music lends itself to specific genres, it takes a good ear to discover the possibilities.

You'll probably see me hanging around in the Workshop WIP threads. I love to talk about music and what makes it work within a song. I've gotten some good feedback to my criticism, which is heartening. I don't like to leave simple, "the guitar sucks" comments, I like to delve deeper to try and get to the meaning behind the sound, and I will gladly talk at length about anything.

I'll see you around.

Cheers,

-Steffen

I have no idea what I'm doing here. I have no interest in video game music, no interest in anime, no interest in remixing, and a general distaste for video games.

Makai, however, informed me that this website had a great community, and because of that, I joined. I guess I'm looking for relatively good general discussions.

I have no idea what I'm doing here. I have no interest in video game music, no interest in anime, no interest in remixing, and a general distaste for video games.

Makai, however, informed me that this website had a great community, and because of that, I joined. I guess I'm looking for relatively good general discussions.

This place is a good community if you like those things. If you don't, you're going to get bored fast.

Heya!

Been on this site quite a while, but only just decided to come out of the lurking shroud.

Not much to say about myself really, I fiddle a lot with music in my spare time, but rarely get anything finished. This is my main flaw.

I have a fond knack for turning video game music to the doom metal genre (except with synth, but it's pretty much the same idea, there's probably a name for it somewhere anyway). I find it incredibly fun to tear a sad ballad or a an exciting battle theme into a seven minute pit of dispair and distortion. Dunno why.

Away from the PC, I have fronted a few thrash metal\punk bands in my local area. Nothing better to do than bring the mosh in your spare time. Or something like that.

Not much else to say, except that I have long hair, but you probably guessed that.

:nicework:

Croak! ...I mean, hello!

As you can see, I'm an anthropomorfic frog, so you might deduce that I like mosquitoes and cockroach juice, but there's also a side of mine that likes chocolates and orange juice.

XD Well I really enjoy music in general, and also appreciate some 'light' discussions. Besides looking for help on remixes, I thought I'd also enjoy talking about some random stuff, so I joined in. ^^

Hey all,

I've been lurking around here for oh, three years now. I've recently taken an interest in picking up some remixing of my own (though I've not a musical bone in my body so it will be an interesting journey).

Figured now would be as good a time as ever to finally make an account a post something, so, Hey! You might be seeing me around. Or I might just go back to the front page forever; we'll see.

Hi there!

My username is Kaputnik

I am from Austria so please forgive me if i make some gramatically mistakes i really try to do my best :)!!

so right now i am just an amateur "self- and premade sample around pusher, little FX-effects adder and MIDI-Keyboard-owner (and not able to play it right now)" with the strong urge to improve myself as far as possible!

The software i use is "MagixMusicMaker 16 Premium XXL", and yea i know this is really nothing compared to the professional softwares used on OCR but at the moment i (finacially) cant afford more :sad:

Havent done any remixes until now but createt some own songs. I really would apreciate it if i could get some serious (and helpful) comends on my creations (i wont upload them to the site) what to improve and whats already good. As soon as i have done a remix i will upload it (and hope its good enough for the comunity).

At the moment i am on the way to become software engineer in c++ and c# so maybe someday i might upload self made software specially for you :wink: but dont expect this to happen in the next 2 years (like i wrote, i still am on the way to).

in my Spare time i enjoy playing computer and ps3 games like:

Left 4 Dead (speed runs)

Left 4 Dead 2

Battlefield 2

Joint Operations

World of Warcraft (European-German-Server Blackhand, HordeFTW, Orc Ele/Heal Shaman pve, Undead Muti Rogue pvp/arena)

Assassins Creed 2

Mini Ninjas

Tekken 6

Grand Turismo 5

Metal Gear Solid 4

Ace Combat (still waiting for part 6 to appear on playstation 3. goddamn bastards from namco turning away from us sony gamers)

and so on...

thanks 4 reading that far and i hope to read you all soon!

Kaputnik over and out

Hi everyone!

I'm sure many newbies say this, but I've been lurking OCRemix since back when the site was still orange. Still a big fan, even though these days I tend to wait for a new bulk torrent rather than download every remix as it appears on the site.

The Robot Master competition finally pushed me out of lurkerdom. I'm not sure whether I'll be doing a lot of posting besides voting for that. I guess we'll find out :)

Hiya everyone, Long story short been playing around with video game music for years now, recently gotten into using the big boy sortware. Hoping I can hold my own :S

Looking forward to making new friends! And learning TONS! Can't wait to see where I end up in a years time! :D