The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello guys, I'm Dominic (just call me Koh) and I'm 17. I may be fresh meat here, but I'm graduating high school this year! I love to develop games; programming and scripting is very fun and creative; maybe I'll post some of my games sometime? Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Hello guys, I'm Dominic (just call me Koh) and I'm 17. I may be fresh meat here, but I'm graduating high school this year! I love to develop games; programming and scripting is very fun and creative; maybe I'll post some of my games sometime? Anyway, nice to meet you all!

When joining a new forum, it's always a good idea to look around a little before posting.

Merged with the Newbies thread.

Hey there all. I've been visitng the site for about a year, but didn't sign up to join until today, and I don't really know why... Anyways, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a thread that tells people how to get started on remixing. Stuff about what programs to use or something and maybe some tips for newbies. It's something I would like to try out when I have the time.

hey, as you can see im Masamune5, im a big fan of all sorts of mideaval, imperial, etc. weaponry, i found this awesome game, chrono trigger, and the game was awesome and i saw frogs/glenns master sword, the masamune and i just flipped out, cuz my friend got a hold of the exact same sword and he spent TONS of cash on it (crafted centuries ago, i think there was like 1800 made or something, says on wikipedia) and so i decided to stck with that username, and then i came across a remix of the final battle of chrono trigger, saw it said OCR, and there was a link in the description to this site, and ive been meaning to register for a very long time, but never got around to it.

my family is very musical so i decided to try and make my own remixes, but if my first ones suck, its cuz im recording and over-recording (dont know the term) from my crappy little keyboard straight into y computer, so bear with me on this, and im looking to be a great follower of this site, and its many great and talented artists

Masamune was a swordsmith

he made swords

I very seriously doubt that your friend acquired a broadsword (which is the kind of sword that Frog uses) bearing Masamune's name seeing as broadswords are very european and Masamune was very japanese

also medieval

anyway welcome I guess, genericname1995

i meant the sword itself, not a broadsword

and anyway, he made a bunch of swords just named after him, nameless ones if you will, and thats one of the ones my friend has, but whatever, i didnt come here to argue about japanese swords, i came here to remix music and make new friends/ compatriots

Hey everyone! I'm not exactly sure what to say, this first-post stuff is always awkward for me. =D

Anyway, I've actually been registered for quite a while now, I guess you could say I'm a late poster. I'm a huge fan of the site and its music, so I guess it's high time I contributed something to it myself.

I've been composing and remixing stuff for a few years now and I'm about to send my first submission to the site, so hopefully it'll go OK. =)

My music usually has a soundtrackish vibe to it, but I dabble in a few other genres as well (not very often, though =) ).

Well, that's it, I suppose. =D I'll spare you my life story, if you want to know something you can just ask me, I don't want to force people with my CV! =)

Hi everyone! To clear any confusion of my post title my REAL first post was a remix review and I only just found this thread. Henceforth, I fealt I should introduce myself properly here. I have been listening, DLing, and silently reviewing mixs for almost a half-year now and came across a track that I could not be silent about. Can't remember the title but it was mixed by Sixto and Theory from Romancing Saga. Great rock mix. Anywho, my title is FallenOne (yes, it hurt) but my friends just call me Fallen, no joke either. It's a pleasure to meet you and I am hoping for many more months of great listening and deeper involvment in the site.

P.S. Happy new year and such!

i meant the sword itself, not a broadsword

and anyway, he made a bunch of swords just named after him, nameless ones if you will, and thats one of the ones my friend has, but whatever, i didnt come here to argue about japanese swords, i came here to remix music and make new friends/ compatriots

I know I'm just being an ass

I am ridiculously excited! *She blushes* I've been listening to OC Remixes for about 2 years now, and even the shortlived podcast with PixieTrix and Zircon. Up until now I have been attempting to remix my own song and have about 5 incomplete mixes.

Been composing music since Mario Paint (15 years ago?) and have enough songs written to have published 10 albums. My biggest issue is the lack of formal training and confidence! I'm really excited to be a member of OCRemix, and was estatic when I realized that there is a place to submit my own submissions. :-D

One question- are the custom avatars alotted to only established members? Well off I go to post my first composition for some help! *Crosses fingers* Wish me luck! Thanks!

Hi and welcome, new ones! :D

Your works-in-progress can be posted in our feedback forums and music/mixing questions in the Workshop.

One question- are the custom avatars alotted to only established members? Well off I go to post my first composition for some help! *Crosses fingers* Wish me luck! Thanks!

Custom avatars can be suggested in this thread which Liontamer apparently ignores. They're not custom in the sense that you can upload anything you want, they're more like additions to the avatar gallery.

So.. apparently the intentions of this thread were misunderstood:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27178

I probably should have just posted here, so here goes,

*slaps "hi my name is David" sticker to his shirt.*

Im looking forward to contributing to these forums again, getting into remixes, and seeing how much has changed. I downloaded a few of the new albums and they sound really good! I also enjoy the interviews and the new interface. Really cool stuff.

To those that made comments in the last thread i posted, I really don't get how it was blown out of proportion; don't really care.

Anyway, HI!

I think its time for a new sig and avatar...

Edited by Inv1ctus

Hello. As the name goes, Gladian00b is a twofer. 'Gladiator' and 'n00b' would mean that even though I think I am awesome, I would still suck anyways. Whether it be gaming, music creation, or making a speech, I still suck. And yet, the Gladian00b managed, making somewhat overdone music, and he says he wants to make a set of remixes. Let's see what he's got.

First off, there is only one great computer in his house, which MEANS, it is not his own. Should that be a problem? Yes! because he cannot use that device every time he sees it. He should get his own computer, right? True, but that's when the second problem comes knocking at his door, with an alias of LOW BUDGET. Because he feels deprived, he receives only about a thousand bucks per year. And his siblings of the elders use it for gas money. Dang!

Second, he makes Progressive/Electro House with FL Studio. Is he trying to imitate bLind, you say?! Not exactly. He want's to make Dixieland remixes, too, after he figures out the school's tuba [The school shouldn't be involved in anything except for recording]. He's trying to get his house varied a lot more than average professionals, but they got something he doesn't: The ability to master songs to a top quality. Oh no!

At last, the Gladian00b's speech will finally come to an end. If a Youtube video was made in thanks to this script, it will receive a range of one to two stars, if it get's rated at all. He... is a Linux type of guy. Even though he uses Windows on the computer that isn't his own, he should soon obtain one. And one question he poses to: Should you care if this guy makes music, if so, why?

Hello! I'm GameboyKnight.I'm not very new here, I've been a lurker for quite some time, but I was never really active in the community. I created this account today because I got a new laptop and forgot all my password(Don't judge me).I recently started remixing so maybe this will be the start of an awesome OCrelationship. Haha~