The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello everyone. My name is Mike and go by manamaniac online. I am new here on the forums and new to (serious) remixing. I've been listening to remixes for years now and I've attended the Otakon OCRemix panel twice but I've always felt distant to OCR, which I hope now to change. So... there's me in a nutshell ^^

Hi UberCyberBeast, CelestialSonata, wolf blitzer (really?), Flam1n90 F1ght3r, manamaniac, and Everyone Else in the OCRemix Universe,

It's very nice to meet you!

My name is Eddie Staples and.. I'm pretty new to the forums as well. As a long time listener, I figure it's finally time to say hi to you fine folks and interact a bit.

I've read the rules and know that posting music here is a no-no, so I hope the loophole of linking to a thread in the appropriate forum isn't frowned upon. :)

estaples in 'Post Your Originals!'

Edited by estaples

Came here because a friend linked me to the DK project, and I just loved it 8-). Hopefully this forum is just as awesome as that soundtrack. I'll be lurking around and not posting to much because I don't really know anyone yet but hopefully I'll get to know some of the cooler people soon :350:

I'm a Bay Raver, Massage therapist, Music Fanatic, Hardcore gamer and Newb synther. I have Reason 4.0 (With a comprehensive guide / the idiot's guide to music theory), A MicroKorg Synthesizer/Vocoder, And a brand new Laptop. I'm an avid music collector and a final fantasy fanatic. Seems strange that only now after so many years I would think to look for a combination of the two. Regardless, here I am and I think this is the place I want to begin my musical career.

Brief Bio:

Been out of high school for three years. Was a mathlete, choir and drama nerd, and played many sports. I got sick of school fast though and started failing out, but managed to get myself through to a diploma. Afterwards I gave the finger to school, got a few jobs here and there, and went raving like a madman. I did, in the midst of this, get certified as a massage therapist and will use that as a crutch for my musical focus.

At this point I am finally ready to buckle back down and make life happen. I'm getting back into school (finally because I want to). I'm turning my attention to music in any way possible while maintaining other windows of opportunity and hopefully I'll be able to use remixing as a way to learn how to create my own tunes.

I'm here to learn. I'm here to find wonderful music. I'm here to be a part of something. I'm excited to get to know some of you. I already respect the hell out of many of the mixers I've heard so far. Can't wait to see if I can contribute to this great site.

PLUR-

Darkener

if you can make it bigger and fit it into the 250px height limitation, i'd think you were even cooler than you already are =)

Quite unfortunately that was the quality/size of the gif at its source and I've already tried to find a program or something to make it better, but I fail at photoshop and the like so it must stay low quality. one day I hope to get a gif of myself repeating that move... so much more to learn with double staff first XD

I'll be much more active on this site once I have a job and have moved to concord finally. Back in my mom's house in Napa....

UBERFAIL >.o

Well, i'm absolutely blown away after checking this site out for my first time today. I checked all of Sixto's stuff then Level 99 and co's Ecco cover and I shat everywhere. I've been on this extreme video game music binge lately and Powerglove, Vomitron and Ultranomicons music was all I had to let this tension out and now I have dozens of songs more, thanks! lol.

I've been playing guitar for about 6+ years now and am pretty fluent to say the least. I've never checked out recording or ever had good gear. (Bugera 333xl with a 4x12 marshall cab, ibanez 350dx w/ emg 81/85 combo) but I had purchased an interface awhile ago (tascam us122 mkII) and I have cubase 5 with some vst plugins (peavey revalver III) and can never get a nice tone. My recordings are crap and there's tons of fuzz from the amp sims. How do you guys get such great recordings?

Anyways, thanks for reading my introductory, looking forward to stickin' around.

Hi! Welcome! Glad you dig the stuff here! If you're looking for help with recording and whatnot, check out the Workshop section of the forums, specifically the Music Composition & Production area.

Despite being a little outdated, Sixto actually did a guide on getting good guitar tone for free, which you can check here:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14222

Personally, it depends on the method you want or intend to record the guitars. You can do it with direct input from the guitar itself and do everything in post with the amp sims. You can use a direct effects box, like a multi-effects processor or a stompbox board, and then mess with the post processing effects as you see fit. Or you can record your amp'd setup through mic's and just do compression and reverb on the recording.

I'm pretty sure that this will get moved to the workshop section anyway, but definitely read Sixto's guide before anything else.

Ah, you wouldn't recommend doing a direct line in for a good sounding recording wouldcha? Someone recommended me getting some mics and micing up my amp but it would destroy my funds lol.

Was thinking of getting something like a pod xt then running that for tone, not sure yet that would be future future haha. Thanks for the response.

Ah, you wouldn't recommend doing a direct line in for a good sounding recording wouldcha? Someone recommended me getting some mics and micing up my amp but it would destroy my funds lol.

Was thinking of getting something like a pod xt then running that for tone, not sure yet that would be future future haha. Thanks for the response.

Either way works. Seems like you already have good enough gear for mic recordings, so you could probably just do that. I personally use Pod XT direct-in and it's been my favorite tool for a long time. Either way, good luck!

Either way works. Seems like you already have good enough gear for mic recordings, so you could probably just do that. I personally use Pod XT direct-in and it's been my favorite tool for a long time. Either way, good luck!

I'm starting to also think that something like a Pod would be a great tool, especially for computers like mine that can't run more than 1 instance of a plugin

My only gripe is that you can't change your tone after the fact, you would have to re-record the part with a new tone through the pod

I made a post all ready without coming here. ^_^"

Well I'm Bloodeyezack (you all can use my real name too if want too) I have a lot of stuff made up in my head but I haven't tried making anything yet, but I have been reading through the Linplug Free Alpha manual trying to understand its mechanics better

I'm 18 years old (19 on the 29th of April :P), and currently unemployed, in collage, and trying to make something of myself. I have been playing video games sense I was like four. :P and I have always had a passion for VG music, I always though "what if Mega Man didn't have such epic music would it still be one of peoples favorite game?" I hope I'll be able to understand and make music of my own.

Hi. Well, I'm Gamma 32... I found this website after reading an article in Nintendo Power about an album you guys made... I'd really like to try my hand at making a remix, but there's two problems:

1. My computer is very bad for doing things other than being on the Internet and

2. I don't own any mixing -ware, neither Hard- nor Soft- Also, I'm 13 so I might just get bored with it. But Hopefully not. I have a few ideas for when I get a new computer and the right tools...

Hello, ReMixers (and fellow n00bs). My name is Chroxic (you can call me Nick if you think that's one weird-ass name) and I've been following OCR since early high school. I'm now a freshman in college (notice the post time of 3:00 AM) and I'm hoping to start training myself in the fine art of ReMixing. As far as musical experience goes, I've only sliced, diced, and spliced loops in ACID and Soundtrack Pro / GarageBand. I haven't done much in FL Studio yet but I am optimistic about the potential of such a freakin' awesome program.

Please be sure to offer me as much criticism (preferably constructive) as possible! :tomatoface:

Hey guys. I've lurked around the forums for a few days and decided to join. I know nothing about how to make music or remixing songs from video games so I hope to just pick knowledge here and there around the forums. Unfortunately I have no musical instrument skill either but I will be picking up a keyboard in the near future. I go on deployment in a few months so I would like to get my feet wet before then so I can make music in my free time. Look forward to chatting and working with you all in the future.

Hi all, I've posted music here before but I thought I'd post an introduction as I have a website now that I can point people to. My name is Jared, I'm a composer who loves video game music and never passes up an opportunity to write some! I currently attend graduate classes while doing music/sound editing on the side, always looking for new people to talk to about game music. You can check out my website here: www.jaredcowing.com

Any feedback on the website (it's new so there are some kinks to work out!) and on the music itself would be much appreciated! I check this site periodically and can also be reached by email at JaredCowing@gmail.com

By the way, is everyone aware of the video games live concert coming up on PBS sometime in July? My good friend will be in it as Flute Link, be sure to check it out, it sounds like it will be awesome!

Hi all, I've posted music here before but I thought I'd post an introduction as I have a website now that I can point people to. My name is Jared, I'm a composer who loves video game music and never passes up an opportunity to write some! I currently attend graduate classes while doing music/sound editing on the side, always looking for new people to talk to about game music. You can check out my website here: www.jaredcowing.com

Any feedback on the website (it's new so there are some kinks to work out!) and on the music itself would be much appreciated! I check this site periodically and can also be reached by email at JaredCowing@gmail.com

By the way, is everyone aware of the video games live concert coming up on PBS sometime in July? My good friend will be in it as Flute Link, be sure to check it out, it sounds like it will be awesome!

have i ever told you how much i incredibly hate having music play upon loading a web page? i think i'm not alone, too.

i checked your website because i figured you must have gone to school at IC if you knew Laura Intravia. i'm a current grad student there (about to graduate, actually), and someone showed me that video a while back.

Hiya, all. As my username indicates, I would be AllanAokage; it's a nigh-universal handle, so some may recognise it from elsewhere. That's doubtful, though.

I've once visited back in early 2009 (or thereabouts), to have a look at the Final Fantasy VII remix album. I had a luck at some of it, then wandered away for some time. Upon being linked to a few tracks (namely, Fire Cross and Terra in Black), I decided to lurk the forums for some time.

And now I've signed up and intend to become a regular poster. Fun~

Having trouble with the interface, though. It's weird to have the new posts at the "beginning of the topic," with the older ones being further back XD; I'll get used to it, however~