The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello, just signed up and heard about this site from wikipedia. I'm a promoter/manager from Detroit who works with a lot of producers, and put together a lot of hip hop video game based projects. I'll share my work here, and all that good stuff. And can't believe I never heard of this site before.

Hello, my username is JWDragair which someone may or may not have heard of before. It's a unique name that fashioned for myself out of my first three initials and an army from the old Dragons toys.

Anyway, I'm an avid musician and have been for several years, playing mainly jazz and swing. I've known about this site for many years now, but only recently have I decided to become seriously active. I'd love to be a remixer, but honestly I just don't have the equipment for it.

So, if anyone has the need for a saxophone player who talks to much and has way too much time on his hands, let me know. Oh, and thanks to all the remixers here at OCR, you've kept me entertained for a very long time now :)

Guest poker

Hello everyone. I'm a total newbie but hey the point is to start no?. I am working now in an online poker site that has a music video and some effects but I would like to add more details and sound effects. I hope to learn a few things here, patiently clear. Greetings to all!

Hi, I'm Low Phi (pronounced lofi) and I work in an underground electronic group from where I live (Phils.) and I represent our group in this forum. So, you'll probably hear some work from my group and also my personal mixes. To know more about our music, just check our myspace and youtube sites sometime:

http://www.myspace.com/hedefectnow

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rol110587

I specialize in game remixes and mashups (combination of two or more songs into one) and doing remakes of classic games as well. I do well on certain game developers--preferrably in the RPG or 2D Fighting genre.

Hope to work and spend a great time in this place!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

First off, I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has submitted something musical here at OCRemix as the tunes I find here always seem to stay right near the top of playlist no matter what. Second, my name is Aurebesh as you might have guessed. It's the same name I use all over the net, so there's a 80%-90% chance it's me if you see the name used elsewhere.

While I'm afraid that I'm not very talented when it comes to playing an instrument, I do have an ear for music and can usually plunk something out on the piano after hearing it once or twice. I'm also a tenor/baritone voice, and can possibly even reach the alto range if necessary. If you need another singer for a project (or possibly even a lyricist), just let me know.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all is released by y'all in the upcoming years. Keep up the amazing work!

Hi, I'm still trying to figure out the OCRemix forums. I'm not sure if it is a setting or just me but always confuses me when I see the first post on the last page and the latest post on the first page.

Anyway I'd like to become a tad more involved in OCremix then my one post so far. I've got a single song up and at the moment considering another but not sure yet.

Hi, I'm still trying to figure out the OCRemix forums. I'm not sure if it is a setting or just me but always confuses me when I see the first post on the last page and the latest post on the first page.

Anyway I'd like to become a tad more involved in OCremix then my one post so far. I've got a single song up and at the moment considering another but not sure yet.

Click on the "User CP" link near the top of the page on the left (it's under the forum name), click on "Edit Options" along the left side of the new screen and scroll down to "Thread Display Mode." Select "Linear - Oldest First" and then click on "Save Changes" at the bottom. That'll fix it for you.

Oh, and don't forget to type in the answer to the anti spam question near the top of that same "Edit Options" menu before you save any changes.

Hello everybody, I am TMF128.

I have actually been working remixes for several months now. A few of them turned out quite well.

I have played around with techno/electronic, but it only turned out okay. I am better in the rock/metal area though. Guitar is my best instrument, and I plan to use it often from now on. I choose the genre for a remix based off what I naturally feel it should be (my metal stuff will probably turn out better though.)

Expect some more stuff from me soon, I just need a Line 6 Pod XT Live so I can record guitar and bass. There are about 5 remixes I have waiting, but they won't be finished until I get at least a guitar part in it.

Anyway, I am glad to be on this website. I hope I learn a lot here.

Here is something I made that is worth listening to:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/316182

Edited by TMF128

Hello everyone,

First, I must apologize for never introducing myself before. I'm pretty shy, even on a web forum. Go figure. :oops:

Alright, so. My name is Ramon, and I've been a lurker for about 5/6 years.I've always had the desire to become a member of the OCReMix community, but I could never get myself to go through with it. So, a few months ago I finally decided that it was time for me to at least try instead of sitting back and wondering "if". And here we are.

I hope that, even if I never get anything posted, I can help others improve their work.

Cheers. :grin:

Hello everyone!

I'm Leo, from Uruguay, yes URUGUAY.

I ended up here after reading about OCRemixes in various places.

I really love VG music, though I'm not any music expert (I'm more into graphic design) I enjoy listening and feeling the music in the games.

I believe it's not just about the music, but the relation between the music and the game itself, that makes it so memorable and enjoyable.

Usually my favourite VG OSTs come from SEGA/CAPCOM games. Starting by JSR, trough the NiGHTS, to Gyakuten Saiban.

So that's about it, hope you liked this little introduction, and I guess you'll see me around praising the remixes I like.

Hello everyone!

I'm Leo, from Uruguay, yes URUGUAY.

I ended up here after reading about OCRemixes in various places.

I really love VG music, though I'm not any music expert (I'm more into graphic design) I enjoy listening and feeling the music in the games.

I believe it's not just about the music, but the relation between the music and the game itself, that makes it so memorable and enjoyable.

Usually my favourite VG OSTs come from SEGA/CAPCOM games. Starting by JSR, trough the NiGHTS, to Gyakuten Saiban.

So that's about it, hope you liked this little introduction, and I guess you'll see me around praising the remixes I like.

...leox? like, from the NiGHTS forums? Did you come over here from there?! Aww, I feel partially responsible, lol. Welcome!!! You're gonna like it here too.

My name is Amber Vasami. I've been into video game music since the middle of 2007. I discovered this site sometime in 2008 and began downloading ReMixes in early 2009. At first, I only downloaded mixes from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, but I eventually moved on to other games. If a game, any game, has good music, I'll come here and search for ReMixes. I probably have over 100 songs from this site on my hard drive.

I'm not a ReMixer, but I have actually tried imagining what certain game tracks would sound like being done in certain styles, like the Wily Stage 1 theme from Mega Man 2 being done hip-hop style.

Hey, I'm Gerbil. I've know about this site for a while, and have always wanted to join but just couldn't bring myself to do so until today. Music and video games are my two favorite things, so I hope that I can get along with people here. Also, I'm a musician, and I'm interested in remixing. I've never done any remixes though, I usually write original pieces. I do most of my work in Reason, but I've been known to pick up things pretty quickly.

I would like to welcome both TransSonic and Gerbil to our {Highly dysfunctional} Family here at OCR! Hope you both enjoy it here!

TransSonic: Have you ever tried doing anything with the song ideas? If not I would recommend downloading a demo of FruityLoops Studio or Reason and trying to do something with it. Who knows? You might be good at it.

Gerbil: What genre of music do you prefer to do for the most part? And could you link me to some of your work? I'd like to hear.

Hi!

I'm Sleepy Dream.

I love music, and I love video games, so it's no wonder I really love video game music. I discovered this site several years ago, but only recently have had time to properly browse through the music. At the moment my downloads folder is swamped by mp3s downloaded from here waiting for me to put them in the right folders and listening them with thought and care :)

Perhaps one day I'll do remixes of my own, that has been a thought going in my head recently, and I'll propably try something once I get a good synthetisizer. But that will take some time.

That's all for now, I'm happy to be here :)

(Oh, and if my writing looks funny at times or I write something a bit oddly, it's because I'm not a native English speaker ^^ I try my best to write good English ^^ )

Welcome to the community, Sleepy Dream! It's good to have you here. :-)

And to be quite honest, I couldn't tell in the slightest that you weren't a native-born English speaker... and I spend a large portion of my time fixing people's grammar, so that should tell you something. :wink: So I wouldn't worry too much!

Sup everyone. Heard of ocremix from a couple friends that keep telling me to submit some stuff here. I figured i'd give it a try. Only problem im having is, where to post my songs lol. But all in all i hope that i'll fit in with everyone. And style of music i do is everything. And I'm always down for a challenge to remix anything as long as its, you kow, -- not crappy....

ehmmm Deadly Towers.

Sup everyone. Heard of ocremix from a couple friends that keep telling me to submit some stuff here. I figured i'd give it a try. Only problem im having is, where to post my songs lol. But all in all i hope that i'll fit in with everyone. And style of music i do is everything. And I'm always down for a challenge to remix anything as long as its, you kow, -- not crappy....

ehmmm Deadly Towers.

Welcome!

http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

It would be a good idea to post there and get people's opinions before submitting.

Also, Do you do originals?

Hello everyone!

Glad to finally be here on the forums. Though I absolutely love the work done here and music itself, my artistic skills themselves are horrible.

In a naive hope to correct that, here I am, fresh to start bombing the forums with newbie-questions so horrible, most of you will probably get a heart attack.

In any case, thanks for having me (at least, this far), and hello again to one and all.

Yours,

Ouguiya