The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Well, first time here. I was told this was a great forum with a high level of general intelligence, so I have high hopes.

Call me Virtigo, or Virt if you'd like. Eh, what to say about me...

The easiest way to define me would be that I'm Indian/Arab and a Muslim. The rest will come around the longer I stay, I say.

Well, first time here. I was told this was a great forum with a high level of general intelligence, so I have high hopes.

Call me Virtigo, or Virt if you'd like. Eh, what to say about me...

The easiest way to define me would be that I'm Indian/Arab and a Muslim. The rest will come around the longer I stay, I say.

Welcome to the forums, but I think you might prefer not to be associated with Virt if you're gonna hang out around here; he and OCR have an interesting history, to say the least. The quick synopsis is that he was once an integral part of OCR, until he and DJP had a falling out, and Virt started his own remix site as competition for OCR.

As usual, beware of unmod, blah blah blah, enjoy.

Hmm... so there's a remixer named Virt who's competing with OCR? Bugger.... That might complicate things indeed, but I'm not too worried. I'll just try my best to explain if it comes up.

And thanks for the welcome! But beware of unmod? Why?

I'm Ket (starts with "K" and ends with "et"), and I'd like to echo a previous comment in that I'm pleased with this forum's general intelligence level.

I'm thinking I shan't be subjected to "U 5TUP1D I TEH B3ST" around here.

I'm Ket (starts with "K" and ends with "et"), and I'd like to echo a previous comment in that I'm pleased with this forum's general intelligence level.

I'm thinking I shan't be subjected to "U 5TUP1D I TEH B3ST" around here.[/

quote]

Nice sig.. I like that quote..... a lot.. gotta try it sometime..

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums here. I feel that after discovering this awesome site, I will learn my way around here as time progresses. I'm gonna love it here! :D

HELLO TO YOU! Welcome to OCR!

You totaly will love it here. The atmosphere is very unique, and something that will always keep you entertained. I myself haven't been a member to these forums for long, but I already feel at home. Just post around and you will be totally fine!

Just be yourself and have fun!

I noticed that a lot of people make 6 or so posts and then are never heard from again. Perhaps they wandered into unmod territory. I think i'll take a tour soon enough, but hey, i eat unmod boards for breakfast with a pinch of salt. But really i dont. Thats gross. o and i just added a page fifty to this thread

Hey everyone. I am (obviously) new here. I enjoy Techno and Rock music. I like MGS, Sonic and some other games, but mainly those series. I have no really high acomplish ment with Remixing game tracks. But that is on my todo list and hopefully I'll get around to it =P. Anyways I am glad to be here and hopefully you guys will be "friendly-like".

.:KiNG_STATiON:.

Hello to everyone here.

I've been on a few other internet forums so I have a general good feel of what to expect at places like these, but every place is different and carries a different vibe, so I'm going to arrive here with an innoncent look on everything.

I decided to get into remixing because of the fact that:

1. I like a lot of music, VGM included.

2. I play a lot of video games

3. I've been making some music for personal enjoyment and just plain messing around for a good while, but rarely have these been actual remixes of VGM songs... I thought I would dip a little into that.

Well anyway I'm off to submit my first entry and see how things go from there :)

Well anyway I'm off to submit my first entry and see how things go from there :)

Before submitting I suggest posting it HERE. It’s the OCR WIP Forum where you can allow others to listen to your mix and give you feedback on things that may need improving. It’s very helpful for new and old mixers alike.

Good Luck :)