The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hey! My name's DarkX and I'm a new user, but experienced gamer and music appreciator (as my job title "Audiophile Maniac," will tell you :) I recently have begun to take a deeper interest into music and have ideas for songs, but nothing on paper. I currently own Finale Notepad, but I only have a very limited demo that doesn't have a really good sound :-x (or maybe it's the computer's sound card, I'm not too sure...) Anyway, I would love to be able to share these ideas once I

1) Get my own computer

2) Find the exact music making system I want.

If anyone can give me an idea for a Music Program that is I) Affordable II) Has real instrument sounds. III) Can do real instrument sound tricks (tremolos, glissandos, accents and the like...), please inform me on my profile. Thanks for your time and I hope to share some ideas and see new ones grow to great heights!

-DarkX

Hi! I've enjoyed OCR for years and years but never really joined the community or attempted my own remixes. That should be changing - I recently upgraded from FL Studio to Pro Tools, and ever since then I've had a renewed passion for composing which I'm attempting to translate into remixing as well. Figure if I'm going to be asking for feedback and help on my WIPs and such, I may as well take part in the rest of the forums.

Some (relevant?) facts about me: I'm a drummer; I love to compose (hoping to eventually compose for video games); fav OST is Chrono Cross; fav remix is Time Chill. Oh, and I'm a huge Tim Follin fan.

Edited by Drakken

Hi, I'm mickomoo I'm a new user who apparently registered half a year ago... >_>

I'm not really new to music but this is honestly the first time I've taken it seriously, I played a few instruments in the past but I'm kinda new to digital music production, but OC and vg game music in general kinda inspired me to begin writin musics. Anyways, I'm hoping to start a band and make a few remixes on the site, lol.

Hey! What's up? I'm yurifoi and I'm new around here. I'm just a big fun of videogame music (nearly 30GB in my hard drive). Like I said in my description I'm baritone. I actually admire Over Clocked, so I'm very interested in helping you anyway I could. So just tell me!

Velcome, everybody!

*unfurls his cape*

I am...Dracula...

Hello, I'm Silver Sword. After lurking in the dark for a very long time, I thought it was time for me to say hello. I'm still new for remixing stuff, so I hope learning a lot around here.

Oh, and I'm french but no one cares.

If you picked your name from the Action 52 game, you're both awesome and awful.

Hello, OCR. I've been coming to the site and listening to (and enjoying) some fantastic VGM remixes for quite a few years now (around 5 or 6, I guess). I have no idea why I didn't join the forums sooner, but better late than never! 8-)

My name is John and I've had a love for VGM since the late 90's when I discovered that I could pop my SEGA Saturn game discs (I have a Japanese console) in a CD player and listen to the music tracks. It was pretty much all over from there. But it wasn't until I discovered the arranged tracks on released albums, and the remixes here :wink:, that I built up a passion for arrangements and remixes. This is one of the main reasons why I finally registered.

Iam hoping to find everything I need to start developing my own VGM remixes (professionally). And I'm looking forward to learning from all the veteran remixers here. I'm not embarrassed to say that I've already made a few of my own on my MTV Music Generator game for my PlayStation..lol. Now I'm ready to step it up and share my imagination in the form of music.

Like everyone posting on this topic, I'm also new to this community. I've been into the whole remxing songs from video games for a while but just now decided to start acting on doing my own. I'm a part of some other forums: metroid metal(john_isdoctor), powerglove(ZFMV) and oneups(ZFMV). ZFMV stands for Zombie for My Valentine. A Resident Evil joke on Bullet for My Valentine. heh, Jill VALENTINE...Resident is or was about zombies. So I just came up with Zombie for My Valentine as a remix artist name. Great to finally be a part of this community!!!

Oh hay.

I'm new to the community, but have been utilizing OCR since at least the first year. I remember I'd go to a friend's cousins house with a zip disk that I'd dl'd all sorts of remixes on just to burn a cd of it to listen in my car (wtf no cd burner of my own). Anyway, I went to the PG-13 panel and the OCAD panel and decided it was time to jump in.

I had no idea such a large part of this community was around MD.

Hey guys - I've been aware of ocremix for about a year or so, since I saw their panel at Magfest 2009, but I just now decided to register and become a part of the community.

So uh, hi. I live in Ohio and am in college. I guess that's probably all you need to know for now 8-)

Hey dudes, I'm registered since many months, yet I haven't posted in this hopefully wonderful community. I am German, so please forgive my bad english. I am 22 years old and a big fan of Game Music. My favorite composers are Motoi Sakuraba and Koji Kondo. My music interest ranges from Nintendo games like F-Zero / Metroid to japanese RPG's like Golden Sun or Baten Kaitos. In music arranging I am not so good yet, though I am very interested in it.

If anyone wants to chat/wirte with me, I would be very glad.

For so far, greetings to all forum members :)

Oh hay.

I'm new to the community, but have been utilizing OCR since at least the first year. I remember I'd go to a friend's cousins house with a zip disk that I'd dl'd all sorts of remixes on just to burn a cd of it to listen in my car (wtf no cd burner of my own). Anyway, I went to the PG-13 panel and the OCAD panel and decided it was time to jump in.

I had no idea such a large part of this community was around MD.

"KEEP GOING, I'M ALMOST THERE!"

Yeah, there's a lot of East Coaster's in the OCR menagerie. And you used to use ZIP disks? Alright, you're already cool in my book, come on in.

Welcome, welcome, to everyone.

Just a few friendly reminders:

1) No favorites threads

2) If you're looking to get into remixing, head on over to the Workshop forums, where you can read up on topics such as DAW usage, plugins, samples and synths, and production. You can also post WIPs and get some feedback.

3) Make sure to go and give some reviewer love on some mixes. People love feedback.

4) THOSE ARE MY SHOES

GIVE THEM BACK YOU ARE A DOG

THEY DONT EVEN FIT

5) Have fun

"KEEP GOING, I'M ALMOST THERE!"

Yeah, there's a lot of East Coaster's in the OCR menagerie. And you used to use ZIP disks? Alright, you're already cool in my book, come on in.

Shouting that out at the OCAD was the best gamble I could have done. IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Those 100mb Zip Disks were so rad back in the day before my cd burner. It must be somewhere in my attic.

Well, let's introduce, then.

My nick's Skyggesang, from the Netherlands, 20 years old. I love game soundtrack since I started gaming at age 4 or so and when I found this site, I was really glad I wasn't the only one with such a weird taste in music (as everyone kept telling me :smile:).

I'm actually remixing a bit myself, though I'm not nearly as good as I would like to be, listening to some of the stuff here. I submitted a new track yesterday, so I'm awaiting the review on that one.

Ah well, at least I play some physical instruments too.

Edited by Skyggesang

Hey guys, new member, old time downloader. Been downloading here since.... 6-7 years ago? :D

I'm Javier, hailing from the pearl of the orient, the Philippines. I love Judo and Karate, love to bake, cook, act, sing, and I love music. Game music, most especially ones as hardcore as the Ace Combat series and the Guilty Gear series.

I study at De La Salle University, where I am one of the DJs in the campus radio station, which is the best campus radio station in the Philippines.(Or so we say...)

Hopefully we can all get along. :D

Edited by JavierofGGFM