The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hi,

I've been visiting this site for a decent amount of time for the music, have never been on the forums before. I have decided to learn about making this sort of music so I have joined. Will be here begging for advice about keyboards, recording software, etc.

Peace

Hello. I'm Extr0py, and, although I have done some VG remixes and demos before (on other sites), I wouldn't count myself as an artist of any kind. I'm primarily a consumer of music, but I may release a couple of tracks at some point. I've been lurking here for around two years, but only to download the music. Sorry for leeching.

Hello. I'm Extr0py, and, although I have done some VG remixes and demos before (on other sites), I wouldn't count myself as an artist of any kind. I'm primarily a consumer of music, but I may release a couple of tracks at some point. I've been lurking here for around two years, but only to download the music. Sorry for leeching.

Welcome to OverClocked ReMix! Don't be sorry for leeching I'm sure plenty of people around here do :P

Hello to you all,

I discovered you lot a while ago and downloaded Voices of the Lifestream and fell in love with this website! :)

I am a composer, arranger and general game music lover. It's the reason I got into music! I will be doing my part around here, posting some arrangments and versions of my own :mrgreen:.

I hope to make some contributions and some friends here :)

See you all around!

Mark/SkullKidd

I've been asking this to people on IRC but I'm actually looking for people to write music for a writing project of mine.

Not looking very hard, mind you; this would have to be strictly volunteer work being as I'm not currently in a position where I can afford to pay someone for their time and effort to work on my ideas.

All the same, I figured I could give you a launching point, or at least something to do when remixing feels unappealing or your latest submission gets a chorus of "No" votes.

(believe me. You will get a lot of rejected submissions. It's nothing against you personally, but the site's standards are a little hard to meet sometimes.)

Hey all, hope everyone's doing well. I've been a fan of OCR for years now, but was hesitant at becoming a member on the forums due to not being a remixer myself...eventually I jumped ship, and here I am.

I'm a student who intends to learn the ropes of remixing someday, along with getting some actual playing skill - when I have the time. I hope to release a remix on here someday. Mostly I lean towards sport, particularly running and squash, for main activities. Thanks, and welcome to the people who posted before me!

Hey everyone. My name is Kohl.

Been lurking around here for years now. I've decided to finally stop just downloading and jump into the action for myself. I play a few instruments, but really enjoy playing the drums and singing.

I've been playing games since the age of three, with Sonic the Hedgehog being my first game ever. Games, music and the novels I write are my passions and I want to progress all these things to the next level.

I'm going to school to become an author and I've come here to move further in my musical abilities.

Hope I can make friends with some of you!

Hi there noob here. I'm a avid OC listener ever since I've downloaded the Ducktales.

I dunno if this is the right thread to ask but I'm looking for good Jazz remixes (any platform and genres would do) I wanna play it on my ipod while I'm commuting or listening at home :P.

I already got The Oneups and the runaway five and I'm looking for more Jazz remixes underrated or not. :P

You probably won't get too much of a response in here, since this is more of an 'I'm new, check it out!' thread.

Off the top of my head, Rozo just made a track that has jazz elements (No Hurry, No Escape), AmIEvil has some classic jazz, and Shnabubula is an excellent jazz artist when he's not making chiptunes.

I'm positive there're more, but that's what comes to me off the top of my head. You can post something in Community if you want some more information on it.

Some people call me Leviathin, Some people call me stubby, and some people call me uty, it sounds how it spells. I have been playing game since i two. i still play but i rlly love the classic games( the music always rocked). then three or some odd weeks ago i stumbled onto this site. i learned to play alot ofthe nintendo songs as i grew up and am thrilled that i can put my remixxing skills to the test.

look forward to making music and hearing what you all think about it

Laterz

Hello, everybody! My name is Ryan, but my screen name forever has been SoloWingLagi, like the whole Panzer Dragoon thing. I've downloaded many remixes over the years, and am not really musically inclined, but I want to give back to the community. So, when I feel I have somethin' good, I'll submit it. I promise it will have tons of low frequency bass for all those who (like myself) have no shame in ridin' around town blasting the 8-bit. And my dog says hi too. I think...

Hey i wanted to say Hi so I could hopefully start off my newb-ness right ya know? I've loved the community & the remixes for years & i just finally got around to joining after all this time sad right? My nick name is LoKi because according to my friends i'm KhAoS incarnate. Ever since i first played Super Mario Bros 19 years ago i've always been a gamer & to see what the Overclocked community has done as a whole for the appreciation of games amazes me & i had to join if only to thank everyone here for showing how game music can be an art form to soo many people across the world. Thank you all soooo much! LoKi KhAoS

Greetings ladies and gentlemen, I have been a fan of this community for some time now, but only now I decided to join in. I compose as a hobby, I'm not professional - yet at least. To be quite honet, I want to learn all I can from you all and share whatever I can with the community as well. I am, in regards to some things however, a complete, total newbie.

So help me out ppl!

Glad to be here. Eventually, you'll be glad to have me ;)

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on here listening to the amazing work being produced for a while now. I've been interested in mixing, remixing and general music production for a while, so I figured its time to stop being interested and start doing! So therefore I joined so that I may get a few pointers in the right direction.

Oh man... I think it was probably around ten years ago when I first heard of OC Remix. I was in elementary school and I was so hooked on Video game music (I still am, of course) and somehow I came across the "Love Hurts" arrangement of The Marble Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 1.

I'd have to say ever since then I've been recording and arranging on my own and my cousin pushed me to finally join OCR and help out and learn. I hope I can cause a lasting impact on a lucky individual like the above arrangement has had on myself! :smile:

hello OCR im new! i didnt even know this site existed till i re-searched my fav OCR track on youtube, found the link, now im here. this site represents both of my absolute favorite hobbies: VG's and MUSIC! since there must be alot of knowledge in the members of this site, i will soak up as much of it from you guys as possible if possible. my first attempt on remixing a VG track was ryu's theme song that i did in fruity loops a little while ago didnt know what to name it so i named it "U name it"

check it out www.myspace.com/prdizzle thanks and happy learning!;-):):dstrbd:

Hi Guys,

Names Vishal most people call me Vish. Im from London and going on 25. Came across OCR today via twitter and it intrigued me so much I had to check it out.

I am currently studying a part time masters in music technology & audio engineering which is proving to be great fun and hectic. I mainly listen to and play various forms of metal music. Also into some hard rock/ old skool rock and lots of ambient chill out stuff.

I play bass guitar and do vocals in the band By Courage By Arms (started up with my mate sometime back). Generally do both clean and aggressive vocals and trying to improve all the time.

I want to try and make a career out of video game music production if all goes well wouldnt mind doin the band thing either :)

Production wise I have only really started getting into things in the last year. I have co produced and mastered By Courage By Arms first ep/demo: The Reapers Grimace. Produced and helped engineer a couple of tracks for a band called Playing in Circles (a mates band) and done some remixing as part of assignments for masters work.

I mainly use Cubase and have some experience of Pro tools and Sonar. Also use Fl Studio a hell of a lot especially to track drums using plug ins such as EZ Drummer and Drumkit from hell.

So thats a bit about me. i cant wait to learn and shar experiences with all u guys. :)

Edited by Vish

Heyas, I'm Kurayami311 and I've been into game music since the young ages. :P I've been interested in playing music, let alone composing it yet I felt that I would enjoy it as a hobby. I've done a few Breath of Fire 3 arrangements and I'm looking to try creates some other arrangements from various Video Games plus some Original musics as well. But yeah, I'll stop with the intro now. XD

Hi, My name is CR4CK3RW0LF, im actually a Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hacker.

My team is known as SmashCalibur, a smigeon of SoulCalibur and Super Smash Bros. we make hacks for SSBB and i decided to join this forum to hopefully request a remix for some sort of theme song or some other music where we could combine the soundtracks.

our site is http://smashcalibur.wordpress.com/ if anyone is interested.

I myself have played many videogames and listen to soundtracks on an MP3 or some other form of media for some time now. maybe i might even be able to learn a few things about music and come up with my own remixes!

for now though, brawl hacking is kind of a first priority, and i hope somebody might be able to take me up on my requests.

Edited by CR4CK3RW0LF