The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

I am moderately fresh. Seeing as how I signed up for this forum yesterday night. Unfortunately I posted my "hello forum" thread in the "remixing" topic, because I figured that the remixing topic was the forum...

like, the MAIN forum.

Hello, Hello. I am Ed, and I enjoy doing things that take creativity like drawing, playing the keyboard, sleeping, and eating delicious food. I also enjoy listening to remixes of videogame music. Indeed.

I should probably make a signature image and an avatar, just to look more natural.

Welcome all new people. As usual, make sure to read the announcements and stickies in each forum before posting.

Also, be wary of UnMod. It seems to be especially unfriendly towards newer people lately.

I should probably make a signature image and an avatar, just to look more natural.

Before you start making that avatar, note that OCR does not allow custom avatars. You can only choose from those in the gallery.

Again, welcome all and enjoy your stay.

hi, i've enjoyed the remixes on this site for a long time and i thought i would finally join the forums. i read a lot of the threads that appear on the front page, and i feel like i already know a lot of people on here. anyway, you might see me around in various forums, though i'm still a bit wary of unmod, from what i've heard.

Hey from the bayou... I'm Anthony, also known as Hornet to my friends (cause I like to talk big, but I get swatted down way too easily.) I'm a 21 year old writer with big goals, and a gamer to boot. I love Mega Man X and all it's spin-offs, Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog (and I still love it; I'm one of the 12 people who bought Sonic Heroes and still has it...) and there's not a fighting game out there I haven't played and enjoyed (except X-men Next Dimension.)

Music is a big part of my life, and game music has influenced me more than I'd like to admit. From Sonic's techno beats to Metroid's creepy ambience, I love it all and the people who do their best to make it better.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Adopt a Noob.

Maybe a brief explanation as to what it is would also be a little helpful :wink:

Basically, if you're new to the forums and wish to learn more about proper nettiquete and some forum history (mostly UnMod stuff) and inside jokes, then you put yourself up for adoption in that thread and one of the regulars in UnMod will "adopt" you and teach you the ropes. If you think you can hack it on your own, more power to ya, but if you feel you might need a little helping hand and would like to experience UnMod for yourself, the Adopt-a-Noob thread is a great place to start.

Welcome all to OCR and enjoy your stay.

I am one of the most newb n00blits you will ever have. Look, I even have a signature that I'll get flamed for(some opinions are worth stepping into the fire for, though). I also have a strange urge to give Mahaboo five dollars... odd...

But about myself... 22 w/m married looking for musical lovings anytime, anywhere. I have been a huge fan of OCR for a long time, and the reason I finally joined the forums was to find out what in the world happened to Scott Peoples?? I also wish to do the impossible for a person with relatively no musical past. Remixing. So after reading more about mixing and things of that nature rest assured to find some more newb like questions posted by me in the future. As far as a personal life goes... well that's personal. I'll probably talk a bit more as I warm up to all you folks. Until next time!

:twisted: *just because evil emoticons look cooler*

I figured I should finally say hello, after nearly 3 years of being a member (look at page 50 of this thread, at joefu13's post - I joined for the same reason), and in total about 4 (ish...) years of lurking round the forums :oops: (goatse and tubgirl still freak me out... :vomit: )

Anyway... i'm Pete, I'm 20 years old and enjoy playing old-skool games (Sonic, Mario FF etc etc)

er... Hi...

I downloaded all three of the giant torrents about a year ago. Then about 6 months later I wondered what ever happened to the site, so I downloaded all of the stuff that I didn't have yet.

This site nearly doubles my playlist, so I thought I should become a part of the community.

Good day every one, I'm called Martin and I am remix lover.

(in the audiance) Hi Martin

Of games I have been addicted, but by now I'm mostly addicted only to their musics and fanfictions.

I'm now working on a jazz version of FF7's World map theme, and I might possibly have finished the partition in a week and the song it in a month.

I think this is a great site, but I'll see if the composers are as great as their composition.