The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

I suppose that would make we Unmoddians the pushers and pimps hanging out on the street corner trying to turn the newbies to the dark side? Is that what you are implying???

Well, you'd be mostly right.

That was not the implication, but the analogy still stands as bizarrely accurate. :lol:

I wonder what that makes me. I try to help when I can, but I also enjoy the occasional n00b shiving.

I wonder what that makes me. I try to help when I can, but I also enjoy the occasional n00b shiving.

I guess that makes you evil with a heart.....or the diet coke of evil ^^ I really wanted to post to ask jus one question, namely the avatars, i've noticed their diffrent than other forums and wondering where i can find one meeting the forum standards...and sorry if this is in another section

I guess that makes you evil with a heart.....or the diet coke of evil ^^ I really wanted to post to ask jus one question, namely the avatars, i've noticed their diffrent than other forums and wondering where i can find one meeting the forum standards...and sorry if this is in another section

As far as I know, avatars are restricted to the Avatar Gallery. Go here, to the bottom, and open the avatar gallery.

Hey guys, my "online" name is PlutonIuM, but you can call me Tim, if you want. I'm 16 years old and I live in Greenville, South Carolina. I came here to learn how to Remix my favorite video game songs, while at the same time, listen to other's achievements. Basically, I want to expand what I know allready in music. When it comes to editing music with software on computers.. I get very confused. :( I love to play music.. I have always been into it since I was a little kid. I play the guitar and have been playing for about 3 years now. If I ever learn the basics of Remixing, I'd love to incorporate my guitar playing into it as well. Music is basically my life. Well, enough about me. This seems like a really cool community; Thank you for allowing me to take part. :)

Anyway, seeing as the Adopt-a-Noob thread is pretty much dead as far as attention goes, I'd be more than happy to extend my services to this thread. If you have any questions regarding the forum, feel free to contact me via PM or any of the chat devices listed below and I'll try my best to clear up any confusion there may be. Remember, there's nothing wrong with being a newb, or even a noob for that matter. There's plenty of time to learn and grow out of your young, newb shell. That said, have fun exploring the forum and enjoy your stay.

I am up for taking some new guys as well. I could always use some fanboys for my project.

Sup. I, also, am quite teh new at OCR forums. Been a fan of the site for a long time now - I remember when the addy was remix.overclocked.org/. I remember there only being a couple of hundred mixes - I'm pretty certain I have some dodgy illegal contraband now-not-remixes remixes too. I'll hook you all up! (I kid, I kid).

But yah, hi. And help me name that ocr tune with Mariopaint cat and flower-trumpet samples in it (shameless plug for perhaps ill-fated thread in GenDisc).

Hi, I'm Noobix (or as I would like to have been called, NoobixCube... but I lost my activation email for that and now there's a dead name on the forum :cry: ). Anyways, I've been posting for a couple of days (I registered so I could do reviews) and I only just noticed this thread :oops:. So, long story short, hi. I'm not much of a musician and I can't be bothered spending money on something like Reason (and I can't be bothered downloading it from a torrent - not that I WOULD do that anyway :wink:), so chances are I won't become a remixer, but I have been a long time listener. I found OC Remix when I read a review on VG Mix that mentioned there were a lot of Lemmings remixes here :P (I love that game!)

'ello 'ello, all! I am ShiroiKuma, called Kuma-sama for short. I hope I enjoy my stay here as much as some people, although my reason is to kill time between remix downloads. I.. lack musical talent and the money to buy everything needed for a good remix. Plus, these genre's of music aren't really popular in my local area. *cough*redneckville.*couch* Here's hoping that I one day aquire musical talent, and the money I need. For now.. here I am. Welcome me. :D

Hello, everybody. I'm AnimeRPGFan (Or more commonly referred to as ARF on GameFAQs), and the Self-Named Thiefy Bastard (But if I get called such enough times I might be able to remove the "self-named" part! :)). I'm borderline obsessed with video games, and I enjoy playing Runescape (Don't hate me for it, okay? Liking something does not make me flamebait, unless it's something offensive or such... Which this isn't).

I also have a habit of occasionally overusing Parantheses, and I type with perfect literacy (save for the occasional typo or mocking something with AOL-speak), regardless of the circumstance.

...I think that's about all. Time to get to work on an Avatar and Sig to use. =3

I type with perfect literacy

Excellent. The forum will love you for it. Many a noob have been flamed for improper spelling and grammar, especially in UnMod.

And before you get to work on that avatar, just be aware that OCR doesn't allow custom avatars. You're stuck with the ones in the gallery. Sigs are, obviously, okay.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Hey everybody. I'm not really a "newbie" to these boards per se, but new to posting here I guess. Its been fun to watch a lot of drama and great discussions unfold under the 2+ years I've been lurking. Anyway, thought I'd give a heads up, hope to add some interesting discourse to these forums.

Hello I'm rootdaemon. I've been a huge fan of the site for a couple of months now ,so I decided I might as well join the community. I'm a 19 year old College student in Hamilton, OH and employee at the local EB :-D. I hope to eventually make a remix of my own, just not sure how long that will take.

Yeah cheers for tellin me about this link lol, my freind usualy just d/l's from here and does'nt appreciate enuf the effort that has gone into this site compiled with files featuring wonderful reverb, scratches and other such musical touches. It all adds up with the effort put in by all your fellow remix'rs. After school when I finish my various sound courses I want to do and become better at my remixing I would like to one day join the eden that is already provide by you remix'rs to thousands of gamers and musicians across the Globe.

ENTARO TASSADAR!!!

Hello, my name is Charlene but you can call me Lene for short.

I found my way here from Destiny-Hikari.net home of a very talented person who has inspired me to compose more. I'm not sure why I joined though, I haven't really done any Remixes before, but I'd think that I could improve on my composing skills here. Maybe if I ever get good enough, I'll try submitting here...

I guess I'll look around and see what going on...bye for now.

hey, pumahawk here, guess i thot i'd finally join up on the forums, cuz i love posting, and OCR! newayz, just thot i'd say hi, and umm......ya.

i'm from boise, idaho =< noone ever seems to be there besides me...such a boring place =P i'm 14 and i like graphics design.

well, that's pretty much it, i guess ask questions if u want to kno nething more about me, but i doubt ya do =/

Weclome, Pumahawk.

Just to give you fair warning, proper spelling and grammar go a long ways around here. Like I said in my post above, people get flamed whenever they post with bad spelling and grammar. Of course, a few typos are bound to happen. Those are no big deal. Just try to avoid using AIM/leet speak and don't forget to use that shift key and you'll do fine.

Again, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay.

Just to give you fair warning, proper spelling and grammar go a long ways around here. Like I said in my post above, people get flamed whenever they post with bad spelling and grammar. Of course, a few typos are bound to happen. Those are no big deal. Just try to avoid using AIM/leet speak and don't forget to use that shift key and you'll do fine.

Yep. One of the things people tend to forget is that it's a forum, not a chatroom. You've got plenty of time to come up with a response and type it out correctly, it's never a matter of seconds.