The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hi. I'm new to this forum.

Ay!

Well, welcome to the OCR forums, and be careful when disagreements form... they seem to cluster around here, lol.

Yoinks!

Not new to the site (been checking the site for about a year ^^), but new to the forums.

My name is Hampus Andersson and I live in Sweden.

Im 15 years old.

Interests is: Girls (omg, theyre cute), games, manga/anime (nerd! X3), remixing and other stuff.

I have an upcoming remix, that I probably will post the first version of tomorrow. (omg, it is PSO!!! X3333)

Now some swedish:

Quote:

Hejsan allihopa, hur mår ni? Själv sitter jag och lyssnar på Neskvarttetens nyaste här på ocmreix.org.

TYcker den rockar hårt ;P

Favorite artist @ ocremix.org = Pixietricks (luv vocals ^^)

You're 15? I'm the same age, but I'm going to be 16 on 10/15. (Can't wait to get my hands on that steering wheel!icon_wink.gif

Well, since I finally got round to signing up, I better introduce myself.

My name is Stuart, I'm 21 and I'm posting from over here in rain drenched Scotland. I've been surfing and downloading from this site for about 6 months now but I've never got round to registering till now. I know I should've done it earlier but something kept me from doing so. The topic sizes.

I mean, this topic alone is about 64 pages long and I've seen a few at 100+ pages! There's even one in General that's 150+ pages long, which is just plain scary.

Anyway, I have overcame that fear and am here now. I'm not a remixer yet but I'm slowly learning about it. As a guitarist music is a big part of my life and I plan on doing some mixing at some point, but for now I'm just enjoying the amazing (and I mean amazing) arrangements that this site has to offer. There are so many equisite, professional and original pieces here that sometimes I feel like I should be paying someone some money for this.

It's the amount of variety though, (I remember the first time I used Ormgas, I was a while into it and was getting slightly bored after the third drawn-out-orchestral-piece-from-an-RPG-I've-never-played in a row and then Shael Riley's 'The Music of my Groin' came on and I laughed my arse off) that keeps me coming back.

Just to give whoever's reading this an idea on what my tastes in music are like, I'll post my top 5 OCRemixes that I've heard so far.

In no particular order:

Wanta Phanta ~ analoq

Fight On! ~ CarboHydroM

Ocarina Boogie ~ The Black Lodge

Deserted Industry ~ Beatdrop

Brinstar(DreamsinRed) ~ Children of the Monkey Machine, Beatdrop, K. Praslowicz

Ok, well I feel like I've said enough for now so I'll leave it at that. I hope the length of this post doesn't keep people from reading it, but I guess it's a piece of cake for 165 page topic veterans.

Paying someone? Seriously?

I haven't posted my stuff yet, but I'm prepearing it, and to let you know, I am very much a multi-talented person when it comes to music; who else makes a rap remix of Beethoven, or even more specific, a rap/salsa/classical compilation of his music?

Basically, I have raw skill, since I'm self-taught, and study all music, even types I dislike, such as country, but yet and still, I can compose anything I set my mind to.

Well, you've found a friend @ OCR, and enjoy the ride. :D

Yoinks!

Not new to the site (been checking the site for about a year ^^), but new to the forums.

My name is Hampus Andersson and I live in Sweden.

Im 15 years old.

Interests is: Girls (omg, theyre cute), games, manga/anime (nerd! X3), remixing and other stuff.

I have an upcoming remix, that I probably will post the first version of tomorrow. (omg, it is PSO!!! X3333)

Now some swedish:

Hejsan allihopa, hur mår ni? Själv sitter jag och lyssnar på Neskvarttetens nyaste här på ocmreix.org.

TYcker den rockar hårt ;P

Favorite artist @ ocremix.org = Pixietricks (luv vocals ^^)

hello everyone! I'm new here; been visiting every so often for some time now, and I got to really like the community, so I thought I'd dive in.

anyway, my name's Vaughn - good to meet you. sometime in the near future, I'll try to get together a ReMix of decent enough quality to submit here :)

Well, since I finally got round to signing up, I better introduce myself.

My name is Stuart, I'm 21 and I'm posting from over here in rain drenched Scotland. I've been surfing and downloading from this site for about 6 months now but I've never got round to registering till now. I know I should've done it earlier but something kept me from doing so. The topic sizes.

I mean, this topic alone is about 64 pages long and I've seen a few at 100+ pages! There's even one in General that's 150+ pages long, which is just plain scary.

Anyway, I have overcame that fear and am here now. I'm not a remixer yet but I'm slowly learning about it. As a guitarist music is a big part of my life and I plan on doing some mixing at some point, but for now I'm just enjoying the amazing (and I mean amazing) arrangements that this site has to offer. There are so many equisite, professional and original pieces here that sometimes I feel like I should be paying someone some money for this.

It's the amount of variety though, (I remember the first time I used Ormgas, I was a while into it and was getting slightly bored after the third drawn-out-orchestral-piece-from-an-RPG-I've-never-played in a row and then Shael Riley's 'The Music of my Groin' came on and I laughed my arse off) that keeps me coming back.

Just to give whoever's reading this an idea on what my tastes in music are like, I'll post my top 5 OCRemixes that I've heard so far.

In no particular order:

Wanta Phanta ~ analoq

Fight On! ~ CarboHydroM

Ocarina Boogie ~ The Black Lodge

Deserted Industry ~ Beatdrop

Brinstar(DreamsinRed) ~ Children of the Monkey Machine, Beatdrop, K. Praslowicz

Ok, well I feel like I've said enough for now so I'll leave it at that. I hope the length of this post doesn't keep people from reading it, but I guess it's a piece of cake for 165 page topic veterans.

Welcome StuMan, Vaughn, Hanpusu-kun, and all the other newcomers.

Don't be afraid of big topics. Most of it is dated, irrelevent stuff anyways. Just skim a few pages, then read the last page or so of the thread and you'll be fine.

Also, as usual, be wary of UnMod. It's a little different from the rest of the forum and definately not for everyone. Lurk there for a while to get used to how it's like down there, else you might make a fool of yourself and be flamed to a crisp.

Anyway, welcome all and enjoy your stay. And remember, it's all about having fun.

Hiya! I'm kinda new to OcR. Although I sometimes came to OcR to listen to remixes, I never really came to the forums. So.....my main point is HI! :D

Nice name. ;)

Nice sig, also.

Thanks! The font I used is from "Yoshi's Story".

EDIT:

I re-made my siggy now using a super mario bros font.

Hi, didn't post here when I joined, so I will now. I am the +100 noob!! UnMod isn't so bad, just learn to stick up for yourself and don't be stupid, and you'll be fine! If not, you'll learn...the hard way. I made my mistakes, and I'm a better poster because of it. Would you like to try the punch? Join us, in the dark side of OCR!!!

hi!

i'm not really a newbie but i've been away for a really long long time. amazing how much has changed here! i still remember when this website was all orange and had a big pretzel on top so i guess that makes me pretty old now. (but most surprisingly, i still remember my login and pass, so i guess that means my memory is o.k.)

i was a lot less mature back when i used to hang around these boards so if any of you guys still remember me, i want to apologize for so mercilessly winning all those arguements back then. :wink:

i was thinking about all those weekends i spent downloading remixes on my 56K and, feeling a little nostalgic, i decided to pay a visit to the old neighborhood and, boy, its good to be back!

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums here, but not to the site. I think that this is one of the greatest things to happen to video game music.

Anywho, you guys can call me Cyril, Cy, or Ben, whichever you want. I'm 20 years old and currently a sophomore at Minnesota State University Moorhead pursuing a double major in English Education and History with a Business Administration minor. Looking forward to getting to know you guys. ^^

Hi! I found this site about 8 months ago, and I have to say it is a dream come true. I am just over halfway done sorting through all of the music (Yeah, I grabbed all three general torrents right away) to see what I want to keep. I absolutely love vg music, and hope that someday I can contribute to this site. I have some ideas, but I'm still not very good at mixing, plus I don't have good software/hardware.

Anyway, I'm 18, freshman in college, and am thrilled to be a new member of OCRemix!

Well, it seems like you've got a decent grasp of grammar and general...communication skills. It's a nice change from a lot of the people we get here.

Word of advice, stick around GenDisc for awhile before trying to tread into Unmod. In fact, if you're planning on becoming an Unmodder, LURK, for the love of god, LURK before you start posting.

This is for your benefit, trust me.

Anyways, welcome.

Hello. My name is StrawberryFox. I'm pretty much a Sonic music composer, a pro videogamer, and I never let any thing pull me down. I try my hardest. A little notice: I defeated Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Advance 3, Sonic Heroes,Sonic Adventure 2:Battle, and Sonic Adventure DX without cheating.Well,have a nice day!See you around! I am a very kind type of girl.

Hey, I'm Mewtation. I'm a Nintendo fan mostly, but I'm tolerant of other systems too. (You won't see me get into any fanperson [my weird gender-correct term] flamewars.) I'm 17 (high school senior). As soon as I get a computer that DOESN'T suck, I hope to contribute to the site.

Hello everyone!

I haven't introduced myself properly,

so I thought I'd come and do so.

My name is El Pollo Diablo.

I've been here for a couple of years, but never really bothered with the forums. I'm new to forums in general, so I've been lurking around to get a good grip on how everything works.