The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all in the OCR forums, I have read all I needed to and can't wait to get started in here. My friend introduced me to the forums a while back, I have to say I'm impressed with it. Any advice or help would be great and I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Hi there I'm not exactly a total newbie as I've been posting for a couple of weeks but I only just realised that this topic existed so here it is: My name's Diego Varese, I live in Montevideo, Uruguay ( that's a small country next to Argentina) and I just wanted to say hi and properly enter this growing community of awesome music and musicians :D

Wow! I did not really know that this site had forums and such! I think that I will enjoy being a member of this site! I can't wait to contribute something, but that may take a while till I get a new computer and other things like time. I am trying to get things together for college and the like, so I don't even have the time for a lot of my art stuff. I also love games! That is why I got a job at gamestop, but the hours are coming slowly. So far I work,like, four hours a week, and I have car payments too make. . .

But hey, I am going to try to learn how to make some remixes, and, who knows, maybe I can be good at it sometime. I am 17, a senior in high school, an artist, an member of www.limerockcafe.net (Kaisui Tatsu), www.minitokyo.net (Kaisui1tatsu), www.xanga.com( kaisui1tatsu), www.livejournal.com (animegigglebox, and that is it so far. I also plan to attend Lindsey Wilson College for a year, then transfer over to Savannah College of Art and Design.

Wooooooooo... yes... and yet I get involved with another message board.

Well... ello I am crypulse... say ut with me... "cry-pulse" not that hard. ...Ummm mostly the last year and a half or so I have spent my life on the [adult swim message boards] v00p v00p....

Ummm I have been coming to this site for about a year just checking things out. I love all the remixes and jazz. [OMGASM] yes.... good shat. Anyways... lemme say this... am a female... =| goooooooooooo fallopian!1!!1

...yeah.... okay bye....

I'm EVP. My friend sent me the URL to this site so I thought I would register.

I make electronic music under the name Electronic Voice Phenomenon.

You can listen to stuff I made here http://www.electronic-voice-phenomenon.com

I don't remix game sounds or anyone elses sounds, I create stuff by hand or on the several machines I own. Some of it is video game sounding and I am very influenced by 8bit sounds. Please check it out if you have a minute.

Also, please check it out if you are on drugs. It might sound better to you or more intriguing.

If you make similar stuff please let me know. I'd like to check it out.

If you make stuff using circuit bent instruments please let me know, again I'd like to check it out.

If you are in Norway let me know let me know.

If you regularly talk to the dead, let me know.

Ok, happening listening.

EVP

Haha hey hey newbie here! Yea I kinda posted a topic about me since I did not notice this topic. *thanks goes to sauzer for linking me* Anyway I think i'll make a more descriptive.....Thingy...About me :lol: . Anyway I love classical games over the new ones so I love how this site remixes the music and suh. I ain't much of a remixer myself since I don't have the equipment...Anyway I am very nice and tend to stay at forums/message boards long so don't expect me to leave soon! I hope I have a good time here! *Listens to electric clouds*.

Hey!

I'm Tina, and I'm 14. Ignore my random username. I couldn't think of anything else at the time. :wink:

Just some things to say about myself: I'm from Sydney, Australia, it's a beautiful place xD

I love OC remix music - lol, it's the only music I listen to

I <3 my anime ;) especially Naruto and Inuyasha

See ya all around!

Hey!

I'm Tina, and I'm 14. Ignore my random username. I couldn't think of anything else at the time. :wink:

Just some things to say about myself: I'm from Sydney, Australia, it's a beautiful place xD

See ya all around!

Don't go into unmod.

Hi to all !

I am George aka ElDoRado1239, I make games with Game Maker, I listen to music ( almost whole time spent at computer ) and most of the music I listen to are remixes, and most of them are, of course, from here. :)

I love Quake 1 and I think it's the best FPS around, and I love even much more Final Fantasy series ( FFIX is my favourite ) and remixes of its music. I think that Aeris was a bit annoying and that Cloud should fall in love with Tifa instead. I haven't played FFX and above, because when I got PS2, it was gone in two months and it is still lying in the service... I am looking forward to Final Fantasy XII and I dream about making an old school Final Fantasy like RPG ( I am actually working on it right now ).

Yeah, I am from Czech Republic, which most of you probably never heard about. But it's in the centre of Europe and our hockey players won the World Cup a few times. I am almost 17 years old, I go to a college and I want to make games, probably RPGs with cool music :)

I joined a little while ago, but I already downloaded everything from here ( what was available with torrents to go easy on your bandwidth and then the rest one by one :wink: ) and I am starting to know everything too, or so it seems to be when I try to play some random remix. :)

Now, I really have to thank a lot to all the remixers here, GREAT work ! I hope you will continue it :D

Btw, I have a question. As I already said, I am working on a Final Fantasy like game ( similar to FFs I-VI, because I have a hard time drawing tiles, making models and pre-rendered backgrounds would kill me 8O ) and I really want to use your music. Would that be possible ? Of course all the songs' remixers would go into credits, along with original song creator and a link to this great site. I wouldn't charge money for that game ( maybe because noone'd buy it :D, no I just want to fullfil my dream ). So ...? :wink:

Phew, now you know more that you ever wanted to know about me, that's for sure. Hope you weren't bored while reading this and best regards,

ElDoRado1239

Btw, I have a question. As I already said, I am working on a Final Fantasy like game ( similar to FFs I-VI, because I have a hard time drawing tiles, making models and pre-rendered backgrounds would kill me 8O ) and I really want to use your music. Would that be possible ? Of course all the songs' remixers would go into credits, along with original song creator and a link to this great site. I wouldn't charge money for that game ( maybe because noone'd buy it :D, no I just want to fullfil my dream ). So ...? :wink:

It is usually best to contact the mixer to ask for persmission to use their mixes. Though you aren't obligated to do so, it's the courteous thing to do.

Hey!

See ya all around!

Good luck, if you announce that btw you'll bethrowing yourself to the dogs...the pits of hell (UnMod). Never EVER announce that you're a female and don't post any pics...

This has got to be an alt...please tell me God this is an alt?

Hello, I'm Smyth from California, also known as Smyth on the Nintendo forums. I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, but I respect the opinions of others as long as they're semi-educated so don't be shy! I'm currently a Computer Science major at BYU-Idaho and I know a bit about almost everything so feel free to ask me about anything except R-rated movies. I like video games, computers, kayaking, making movies, spelunking, the occasional scuba dive and most of all... badminton!

Yoooo... I'm a hardcore techno producer from Finland. I run a small Finnish HC community @ www.kovaydin.net with lots of quality free tracks :wink:.

My favorite game series are Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, Metal Gear and Resident Evil... there are too many other games as well to mention.

Besides gaming there's anime, manga, going to hardcore parties, lucid dreams...

I also like IDM, ambient, psytrance, conscious/hardcore/underground hiphop, reggae and other styles...

I make hardcore with my own flavour. I want to keep it original, so there will be no basic partycore crap. It can be darkcore, speedcore, terror, breakcore, trancecore... sometimes I like adding some harsh noise or ambient as well :). If the melody is happy, the beat is furious, so you can't expect no happy hardcore, freeform or whatever from me. I don't really make game remixes, but the tracks are a mirror to my life so of course the influence in games and anime can be heard.

You can see this influence in some older tracks I've made as well:

www.mikseri.net/zutsuumasta

(gonna remake some of them)

SUP. My friend introduced me to OCremix and was like "SIGN UP FOR THE FORUMS OK" so I signed up for the forums.

Every time I post, my friend goes "shut up, they're all gonna hate you!" and it's kind of amusing.

gklasjdlksjd [3:26 PM]: i should never have told you about ocremix.

ATemporarySN [3:26 PM]: :)

gklasjdlksjd [3:26 PM]: it's going to be so embarrassing to read your posts.

MUAHAHhahahaha