The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Welcome to OCR newbies, enjoy your stay. If you can't take it with a grain of salt then I suggest you stay away from UnMod, sarcasm runs insanely through there.

Also, make sure you look at all the stickies and such...they'll teach you what you need to know.

PM an older member and they should be able to help you with any questions you might have, goodluck.

Hello,

I've been around for some time, really, lurking in the background, kickin' some butt in the OCR chess tournament, but I've never been formally introduced before.

My name is Chris, I am a Math major at Georgia Tech, (Atlanta, 16,000 students) and am proud to be a part of the first generation who grew up using a mouse.

At the moment, I am 20 years old, (you can check The Birthday List) but still love to crack out the Mega Man 2 and the Legend of Zelda: Anything.

And just for kicks, here is a random thing about me: I have 100 decimal places of pi memorized at the moment. (See bottom for future edits as this number grows.)

So, yeah, hey. I'm Tare'kal (No, it's not my real name, just something I made up.) I'm a guy, a junior in high school, and I play many video games. I've been an avid fan of game music for sometime now (*cough* Xenosaga, Baten Kaitos, Skies of Arcadia *cough*) and, after listening to Crono Symphonic (and loving it), I thought I would join the community (or at least try to)and try my hand at remixing. I've had some experience composing as well but have never tried arranging or the like.

I've got to say though, after reading the FAQ's and tutorials, I'm a little intimidated by the terminology and technology you guys use here. All I have is Sibelius 3 and I'm hoping that's enough to make some decent scores.

Anyway, yeah that's about it.

Hey ya'll! My name is Jeff, but alias might include IceStorm, Supercargo, Jann, Jannistan, and IceColdForest among others. I'm at Film student at Arizona State University. I'm from a place which may resemble your right hand. I have always been involved in music and play the tenor and bari sax, but i also play guitar/bass. so when I get some of my songs up you'll most likely hear me playing my sax or some woodwind. Music and video is my life, I listen to all genre mostly techno, jazz, and rock. I'm also a freelance film editor, Jannistan Studios, I'll do any video, audio, or picture projects needed (im best at music videos. hint hint)

some of my favorite games:

Metroid prime 1&2

MegaMan series( Mega Man 3)

Zelda series

Battlefield 2 & Vietnam

Skies of Arcadia

duck hunt/Mario

Cant wait to get to know ya'll and critique and then get some back.

Sup all you crazy cats out there and welcome to the world that shall consume your soul @_@

Seriously though, welcome to the forums. PLEASE NOTE that you DON'T have to be a remixer to have fun and contribute to the community.

Since you are all starting, I highly recommend in staying JUST in general discussion. That way you can get used to the flow of things. Once you are ready, go ahead and check out PP&R. I only recommend checking out Unmod if you really feel like you know how to work the boards inside and out AND have the guts and bravery to endure getting flamed to hell.

Anyhow younglings, have fun!

Here's a brand new n00b to add to the forums.

I've been downloading from the site for about two years now. Love the stuff, not all of it, but most of it. If I had never heard Darkesword's "Blue Skies Over Guardia" mix, I probably never would have bought Chrono Trigger. One of my top games, but that holds true for just about every SNES game, especially RPGs.

Top games/series:

Mario (before all the party and sports games)

Zelda (despite Majora's Mask)

Seiken Denetsu/Mana series (Secret of Mana is my favorite)

Mega Man (Original, X, and Zero, not Battle Network or Legends)

Metroid (Not too fond of the Prime games, but they're okay)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Not Sonic Adventure)

Final Fantasy VII (Best Plot Ever!)

Kirby (Before Tilt and Tumble)

Contra III (Most Fun Ever)

Mario Kart: Double Dash (Bluest Spraks Ever!) (Yeah...I stole it from Penny Arcade)

Castlevania (About half of it)

Jumper 2 (Enough to make you jump off a cliff)

I love videogames, and Overclocked has made them even more enjoyable for me. Also, the site is great for nostalgia trips.

Hi everyone, I'm Mtailz and I am a hardcore Sonic fan... nothing else just Sonic, Sonic, Sonic.

I've been downloading music from OCR for a while now, and I have just recently finished downloading Hedgehog Heaven.

I was thinking of joining the forum so I could start a project myself which would be an S3&K ReMix album, but I've already been beaten to it... to be honest I thikn it could be better...

Well I'll leave now, does anyone apart from noobs even post here anyway? Ah well...

Hey ya'll! My name is Jeff, but alias might include IceStorm, Supercargo, Jann, Jannistan, and IceColdForest among others. I'm at Film student at Arizona State University. I'm from a place which may resemble your right hand. I have always been involved in music and play the tenor and bari sax, but i also play guitar/bass. so when I get some of my songs up you'll most likely hear me playing my sax or some woodwind. Music and video is my life, I listen to all genre mostly techno, jazz, and rock. I'm also a freelance film editor, Jannistan Studios, I'll do any video, audio, or picture projects needed (im best at music videos. hint hint)

some of my favorite games:

Metroid prime 1&2

MegaMan series( Mega Man 3)

Zelda series

Battlefield 2 & Vietnam

Skies of Arcadia

duck hunt/Mario

Cant wait to get to know ya'll and critique and then get some back.

Yeah, yet another a fellow tenor sax player! Welcome comrade.

Well I'll leave now, does anyone apart from noobs even post here anyway? Ah well...

well dat aint nice :(

Well, ya know, this is a noob thread...

Anyway, just so you know:

Read a lot. Read threads, read everything you can. In fact, you should only read stuff for the next couple of days. Get a good idea of how OCR forums work.

And if you do chose to go to PPR, try to be intelligent and think before posting.

Moreso if you go to unmod. We may act dumb, but most of us do so just for fun and we are in no way idiots.

well dat aint nice :(

Well, ya know, this is a noob thread...

Anyway, just so you know:

Read a lot. Read threads, read everything you can. In fact, you should only read stuff for the next couple of days. Get a good idea of how OCR forums work.

And if you do chose to go to PPR, try to be intelligent and think before posting.

Moreso if you go to unmod. We may act dumb, but most of us do so just for fun and we are in no way idiots.

Well... most of them anyway.

Hello, I'm a newbie here, as if that's not already apparent. Nevertheless, I'd like to introduce myself. I've only recently found this site, but since then, I've grown to love it, and even gain slight asperations of making a remix or two of my own. The music here is always excellent, and though friends of mine always try to tell me that remixes are never better than the original, they've been proved wrong time and again by the music here.

Hey everybody. I've enjoyed the remixes on this site for a long time, but never really took the time to visit these forums. There's a great community here, so I'm glad to join the group.

I'm a 19 year-old college sophomore in Maryland, working on my Bachelor of Music. I like almost any type of music; my musical library is primarily instrumental in nature, such as classical, game soundtracks, percussion pieces (which happens to be my instrument), things of that sort. Video game-wise, I'm open to anything except sports games. I enjoy anime too, so that's something else to mention.

Well, I lead a generally boring life, so that's about it. See you around the boards.

Hi all, just making my first post here. :D

I've downloaded a few of the remixes you've got hosted here and I must say that they're pretty sweet. I'm a complete noob when it comes to doing my own and I don't think I have any musical talent as I'm more of a hardware geezer.

Anyway I assume FuityLoops will probably be the main program I'll need if I want to give it a try, along with Creative's "Record What You Hear" and WAV Editor.

If anyone knows of any other programs I might need then please point me in the right direction. :arrow: