The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

I'm Dan Shepp and this is my first forum post since the internet began. I've been producing for about 7 years. I just recently discovered OCR. There are a lot of cool cats here and I wanna know how you hear the world - and for you to hear my sound. I mainly produce Electro House mixes using Logic X and Ableton Live. I'm down for collaboration and open to giving and receiving feedback. I'm currently working on a Pokémon remix album and just put out a Super Mario 64 remix. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Hi everybody!..

I`m here to introduce myself…..(crazy as I am, I already posted a thread in the community… bring torches and pitchforks!)

I`m a musician, keyboards are my main instrument. I play keyboards in the norwegian metal band Circus Maximus and freelance with other bands. I play mostly rock/metal, but have been writing/ producing a lot of electronic oriented music.

I have been lurking around here a lot, but I finally registered, and hopefully I can contribute to this community somehow… It looks like my kind of place!

I started my gaming on the Intellivision in 1984, went through Vic20 to C64 in 85/ 86 ..and later on Amiga, where ProTracker brought my attention to computer music.. man was that cool!!

A lot of my favorite game music is from the Amiga, and its not to many Amiga tracks on here so maybe I can push some.. :)

Looking forward to get to know everyone!

This is «Circus Maximus»

This is «spare time fun»

-Lasse

Just call me Faran. I have been interested in music arrangement for years now, but now that I have the time, the equipment and a venue I'm about to kick it up. I already have two projects in the barrel. I have a remix of a piece from Alice: Madness Returns and Kingdom Hearts (my favorite series.) I look forward to getting to know a lot of people.

Hello!

My name is Mike "Deedubs" DeWeese. I am a trumpeter and composer, formerly from California, now living in Washington State.

I've been a fan of OCR since the first time I visited around 2003 or '04, but haven't thought about joining in on the fun until recently. I have mainly been working with Sibelius, but didn't get into sequencing until 4 years ago (now currently my main method of composing). My main specialty is symphonic and orchestral music, but I am interested in writing all kinds of music (Yoko Kanno is a huge influence). Thought this would be a great place to get some insight.

If any of you are interested in checking out some of my music:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeDeDub/

https://soundcloud.com/mikededub

Happy to be joining this awesome community. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Hello everyone! Since January of this year, I have been a part of OverClocked Records' roster. Before I joined OverClocked Records, I would browse the forums of OverClocked Remix but never contribute anything. Since January, I have met some amazing people from the OCR community and I feel like it's time I actually start to contribute remixes, forum posts/replies, and all that sort of fun stuff! I cannot wait to interact with this community and actually become a full member of the OCR family!

You can visit my artist page on OverClocked Records here.

Hi everyone! My name is Christopher Hoef, but I produce electronic dance music under the name Mesmerist. For the past year and a half, I have been producing Sonic the Hedgehog remixes, mainly sharing them with The Sonic Stadium community at sonicstadium.org .

I was mainly hoping to use the OC remix community as an resource for learning how to add a greater level of quality to my remixes. I look up to other EDM remixers like Ben Briggs, RobKTA, Rexy, and DJ EAR when it comes to this kind of production, and I hope to reach their quality level someday, ideally sooner as opposed to later. I use FL Studio as my DAW and consider drum loops and sound synthesis to be my greatest strengths. The area of production in which I need to most improve in undoubtedly mixing an mastering, and would appreciate as much help as possible when it comes to that.

At the same time, I want to use proper etiquette when using the OC remix forums. I want to provide at least as much feedback as I leave, and I hope to use these forums fairly frequently. If anyone wants to direct me to certain addresses on this website that would be helpful for a newbie Sonic EDM remixer like myself to expand, I would appreciate that very, very, very much!

I hope to have a great experience here on these forums, and I'm looking forward to communicating with all of you. ^^

Thanks,

-Mesmerist

P.S. You can find most of my Sonic Remixes here: https://soundcloud.com/mesmerist-the-cat

...and most of my other tracks here: https://soundcloud.com/mesmerist

Hello all,

I'm Valvalion, I live in Europe.

I play music since I was kid, and enjoy particulary listen and play video games music.

I play guitar & bass guitar and violin (I suck at violin), I like programing & sequencing, I use a lot PureData and I chose the painful way to use only open source software to produce my music (my DAW is Ardour3, I use MuseScore to compose and sometimes Lilypond, stuff like that :grin: )

I experiment a lot : field recording, circuit bending, procedural composition, no-input music, acousmatic stuff, granular synthesis ... , and time to times, I like create instruments.

I'm a total GearSlut, I love to find/design/make weird pieces of gear.

I've been using online resources to get and listening video games music (remixed or not) , started in the 90s with the very still alive www.vgmusic.com and, obviously with OCR wich I am a long time downloader.

I think that the first ORC stuff I ever listened is the FFVII album "voice of the lifestream" in the mid 2000s.

So, as I recently start to make remixes & cover of video games music, I tought that it was a good idea to create an account here and starts to be not only a user but a contributor and have some feedback for my little works.

You can find here some of my field recording and other experiments : www.youtube.com/user/valvalion

And here, some tryout of the instruments that I make here : https://vimeo.com/user28063215/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am rey meustrus. Been listening to OCR a while and deciding to join the community for some advice. See, I've done music a long time and composition specifically for several years. However I haven't composed lately and a big reason is that I haven't found the right tools.

I have experience with Pro Tools and Konrakt but am not sure if I really like them Kontakt probably, since I have a few interesting custom instruments to play around with. I don't currently possess either program however. I did most of my composition with a Windows 95 era tool called Magix MIDI Studio 5, and I guess Pro Tools was definitely better in every way but it still felt limiting.

Check my profile if you're interested in collaborating. Like I said I've been doing music a long time so if you want a performer I am most likely willing.

Hello! Publicly on the internet community, I am 3Rr0r -- but this account is made so that anyone in my organization may come in and post. Hopefully, you shall be speaking to someone known as DJDSDSTORT most of the time (If anyone cares :P).

OC Remix was came upon when, by some freak accident, our channel was added to the contacts list of it. So we were able to talk to OC, in theory. However, our attempts failed when we tried to talk with them, so I became curious enough to check out the website itself. This was after I grew enamored with the nostalgia-inducing music and the insane renditions of amazing titles. And now here I am.

If anyone has suffered the nonsense I just went through, then I would like to ask one question. I understand that OC's music is free, and I am curious to know if the channel I am backing is allowed to use it. That is the main reason we wanted to talk with the organization to badly -- so we can make use of this amazing music.

Hey guys! My name is Micah Greaney, and I've loved music and video games for a really long time. I even started a project for awhile that was focused on making music for a fictitious "Wario kart" game. Anyways, I've been working with music software for about two years now and I still suck at it! :P

In general I'm more a music nerd than a gaming nerd, but I still dig it, if you know what I'm saying. Can't wait to plug into the community and learn and hopefully even teach others if the situation is right! See you guys around on the forums I guess. :)

(By the way I discovered OCR through a YouTube channel called, "Extra Credits". If you haven't checked it out, do so now! It's got some great stuff!)

Edited by MightyMicah

If anyone has suffered the nonsense I just went through, then I would like to ask one question. I understand that OC's music is free, and I am curious to know if the channel I am backing is allowed to use it. That is the main reason we wanted to talk with the organization to badly -- so we can make use of this amazing music.
Generally speaking, OCR doesn't control any rights to the music it posts; you'd want to talk to the artist whose music you want to use.

But if you want to direct a question to OCR staff specifically, [thread=14735]this thread[/thread] is the place.

Hello! Publicly on the internet community, I am 3Rr0r -- but this account is made so that anyone in my organization may come in and post. Hopefully, you shall be speaking to someone known as DJDSDSTORT most of the time (If anyone cares :P).

OC Remix was came upon when, by some freak accident, our channel was added to the contacts list of it. So we were able to talk to OC, in theory. However, our attempts failed when we tried to talk with them, so I became curious enough to check out the website itself. This was after I grew enamored with the nostalgia-inducing music and the insane renditions of amazing titles. And now here I am.

Read the OCR FAQ. It's in there.

Hi everyone!

I create my own music and hope to work on soundtracks in the future, and I love video games. I have decided recently to follow that passion much more, hence being here!

A lot of video game music/artists have had a huge influence on me, so I appreciate the art, and having a go at remixing some of my favourite games music and listening to what others have done will be a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm Mush. I came into music production about two years ago and am mostly self taught in pretty much everything I know.

I am also a huge fan of retro games and consoles, and the awesome music that comes with it. My personal favourite system for music has to be the MegaDrive with its distinctive metallic FM sounds, and have found a fantastic free VST for emulating the sounds from the YM2612 chip, real handy for that retro feel! I have my previous works on my YouTube channel, but not many video game related remixes... yet.

I really want to get into remixing game music more... thus my being here!

Looking forward to what I can do here and the community that comes with it!

Hello

My (real) name is Josip and I'm a Computer Engineering student, hobbist game developer and big video game and anime fan.

After playing piano a lot lately (and listening to even more music, mostly video game music and J-rock and J-pop), I've found myself wanting to do something of my own - pretty much the same thing I felt when I began game developing. I heard this is the best place to ask for help when I'm stuck, so... here I am.

I hope I'll go along well with you all.

Hello

My (real) name is Josip and I'm a Computer Engineering student, hobbist game developer and big video game and anime fan.

After playing piano a lot lately (and listening to even more music, mostly video game music and J-rock and J-pop), I've found myself wanting to do something of my own - pretty much the same thing I felt when I began game developing. I heard this is the best place to ask for help when I'm stuck, so... here I am.

I hope I'll go along well with you all.

Hahaha jebote više nisam jedini Hrvat tu!

Welcome :)