The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hi, I'm new not only to remixing, but also posting on threads, so I don't know if there's already a thread explaining this, but I did look around and figured this would be the safest place.

I'm using an .sfz file (Clarinet Solo) in the Sforzando plugin by Plogue on FLStudio, and I can't figure out how to make it do vibrato. I tried looking in the channel settings, but it doesn't even give me the INS tab. I've scoured the internet for a solution to no avail. Does anyone know a workaround or something I can do to give the clarinet a natural vibrato?

Hi folks. I'm old enough that I got an NES for Christmas the year they were released (I was 8 ), so hopefully not too old to make a start on OCR. ^^; I live in the Atlanta area. I sing, play most guitar and drum/percussion-type instruments, and know my way around software synths and DAWs (although my preferred one these days is Garageband, I'm a bit nervous that I didn't see that on the list of DAWs in the skills section of the profile, is that like bringing a pop-up book to a book club around here? ^^;; ), but while I've been listening to OCR tracks for a long time, I'm brand new to attempting to record video game music myself.

Hello!

I came here to say hello because all the other threads I saw told me to do so.

I am a brazilian 20yo electronics student interested in going to college to study piano and music history.

I registered in this website because I love VGM and would love to remix my beloved musics properly( whose I call underrated gems, since nobody gives a F about'em)

Hello everyone my name is Drummerinthewoods the capitol is not necessary. I've been listening to the site for years and for some reason have never gotten into the forums before...

anyways I am an Audio Engineering student and also as always a huge video game enthusiast. my first system was a Sega Genesis that came packaged with Sonic and Knuckles and my second one was a cosmic purple Game Boy Color with Pokemon Yellow as I've gotten older my core couple of games hasn't changed all that much and only recently have I started branching out into other areas when i came to have my love for music my dream was to have music and video games have a wonderful coalescence with each other then about four years ago I found OCR and that dream has been realized

I'm super new to the realm of remixing and am just looking for a way in... i really just want to learn.

thanks, and glad to be here

I'm Uffe. The "u" is pronounced "oo" and the "e" is pronounced like the "e" in pocket. Anyway, I started composing music back in 2005 on Finale NotePad, started composing on an FL Studio demo in 2009, and was given the full versions of FL10 and FL11 later on. I haven't composed anything seriously for about two years and I figured I'd start again by remixing. Let's hope I can stay motivated long enough to produce two different tracks. I'm transcribing one at the moment since I can't find sheet music or MIDI for a particular SSBM BGM. Anyway, I'm not all that great at EQing and compressing, so hopefully I can learn something here.

Hey there OCR! I love FL Studio. I first used FL Studio as FL Studio 5 in 2006 (my dad got it from a friend or something) and I was instantly hooked. I got FL Studio signature bundle (digital version) at the start of this year when it was on a crazy discount. I've always loved video game music, and also trance and house. Other than that, I'm a Christian and a huge Tails-fan. This looks like a very nice community so I'm very happy to meet you all :)

Edited by Nibiko

Hello, everyone. My name is Jeremy "Jeroscope" Smith, and I, of course, love music and video games.

Ive been playing video games since I was little, starting with Sonic and ascending into the PC Master Race over time, but I figured a lot of people have similar stories.

In terms of music, Ive been playing Trumpet since 2004 and I have been in marching band for seven years. Music has been a huge part of my life as well as gaming, so when Video Games Live attended in Richmond, VA, I was psyched.

Just recently, I went to VGL again in Baltimore, MD, and I met some of you guys, so here I am now.

Bad news though. I dont make music. I actually make youtube videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/Jeroscope

But, as an enthusiast of the arts, Im here to listen!

• 2 weeks later...

Posting in the introductions thread seems to be the formal way to dip your toe into these forums or whatever so here goes.

I go by the name of 0bsidianlink online pretty much everywhere, mostly because i wouldn't want people knowing my real name if I messed up majorly. I've lurked on this forum for about two years now, and only worked up the courage to start posting recently I guess.

Music wise I'm pretty much at the floundering "how do I compose" stage that apparently pops up a lot around here. I play piano a fair bit, and would like to think that I'm pretty okay at it. I have a soundcloud where I put the things I've made that I deem not horrible. It's mostly piano improv stuff, but I have a few attempts at composing on there too. They feels really rough and lacking in direction to me right now, but hopefully it'll get better with time and practice.

I've played video games for as long as I can remember, and at this point it looks like they're going to be a part of my life whether I want them to or not. I was raised on the nes and n64 which makes me a nintendo kid at heart. Majora's Mask and Mario 64 were good times. Now-days I'm somewhat of a PC scavenger. I usually wait until a year or so after a game is out before I pick it up on computer, half for sales, and half to ensure my computer can run it.

I'm basically trying to force myself to join this community because I think I've reached the point win music where I need to ask someone questions if I'm going to get better. I'm lucky if I know what I'm doing half the time, so hopefully I can find ways to make myself improve here. That, and I'm feeling terribly lonely and exhausted from this summer and just really want to talk to some people for once.

So yeah, hi.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I'm LightningAlex! I use that name everywhere online.

I've been playing guitar for almost 5 years, the accordion for 2 years, and I want to learn to play the piano. Recently, I've been talked into learning how to work in FL Studio. I love video game music, and I wanted to give a try to remixing music.

Well... I don't have anything else to say for now... Hi :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My name's Benjamin, but I operate on the web under the handle SkyberrySymphony. You can find me through the links in my signature!

I'm currently working on a re-imagining of the soundtrack for Golden Sun! Listen to the first 8 tracks

and tell me what you think!

Longtime fan of OCRemix (I joined under some different account I can't even remember around the time Chrono Symphonic came out)! Hope to meet lots of friends ^w^

Ben~

Hello, SoulCinema here. I'm actually not new to the site. I actually signed up before I entered college. It is my first time posting to the site thought. So, It seems only fair that I now introduce myself after this long journey in the shadows.

The sound I will bring to the table will be as my name suggests, Cinematic, As I am taught in the ways of film. I am trained in the visual part mostly. A am a DOP and director. There is one film I have out which is my last school film. Go Ahead! Ask me for a link sometime. Now I dive into the music half of film-making. I hope that one day, when I call upon the community to aid me with a cinematic sonnet, I will have the most unflinching band of composers at my side, loyal and true. Yes, I have big plans and its very important to have like-mind individuals in a production. They can only be found here at OCRemix.

I have one mix already submitted and a couple of others I am currently working on. I am also wanting to collab on a mix very soon. So consider this not only an introduction, But a call as well. I will soon be posting the submission to the forums for public ears.

I would like OCRemix for the great mixes I have hear over the years. I haven't jammed so hard to anything else. I found you in 2009 you know. Anyways, I am here to stay and delight others days as all the mixer have done for me over the years. Hope to work with everyone soon!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm here again (I was the silent protagonist muzikal-phoenix years ago :neutral: ).

Chris - 29 - Jamaican - Megaman/CT/SF music lover and player of videogames (fighters, platformers, racers, FPSs, RTSs specifically) 8-)

I'm pretty much a vocalist really and an amateur bass player but I've been following OCR since the days of Disco Dan's Green Amnesia (still a favorite today).

There's one question I have however - there is/was a thread with old/junk remixes laying around here somewhere. Anyone know where they are?

I'm here again (I was the silent protagonist muzikal-phoenix years ago :neutral: ).

Chris - 29 - Jamaican - Megaman/CT/SF music lover and player of videogames (fighters, platformers, racers, FPSs, RTSs specifically) 8-)

I'm pretty much a vocalist really and an amateur bass player but I've been following OCR since the days of Disco Dan's Green Amnesia (still a favorite today).

There's one question I have however - there is/was a thread with old/junk remixes laying around here somewhere. Anyone know where they are?

Hello! I guess you're talking about ocremoved: http://www.doulifee.com/Storage/OC_Removed/