The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

I'm not exactly a 'newbie', but I'd like to say Hi to everyone. I'm 19, I go to the Peabody Conservatory(which means I'll most likely be at the April 1st meetup), I study Composition, and I'm also a pianist and organist.

I love (some) video game music, namely that of M. Hamauzu, and of course, Uematsu, N. Sano, and N. Mizuta. I've done in the past numerous piano arrangements(Unlimited:SAGA, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, etc.), and have always wanted to collaborate on various other instrumental pieces. Now that I've found some people at my school who are also interested in vgm, I might be able to contribute some remix stuff to this site!

Also, I belong to other forums you guys might have heard of: I'm Appasite Ire over at Gamingforce IF, and Nickthoven over at Squaresound. Although, I'm not really active at either anymore...oh well.

Anyway, HI! ;)

OMGOMGOMGMOG IT'S NICK!!! Oh man you and jill and I are sooo collabing or something MONSTEROUS

Hi...

Well, not completely new to site, I accidentally downloaded my first remix over kazaa several years back. And then accidentally tripped over it at its source (Here) another year later, and was very very happy to have struck gold. 8)

More of a forum lurker/reader person. About as much music making talent as oh, can't find an analogy. None, in other words. I'll work on it... I fell way out of practice since junior high when I actually did the stuff, and then got terrorized by the evil band teacher into stopping.

So I'm new here at OCRemix. A friend of mine by the name of Trygon convinced me to finally get on the boards because he said the community was fairly nice compared to some of the other forums out there. I decided what the hey and thought I'd give it a try.

A little about myself:

I'm a -female-, yes that's right -female-, and I play -Video Games-. I am 20. I enjoy video games and I love the music that is composed for them. Sometimes I wish people could hear the beautiful music that is composed for them so maybe they might see there is another aspect to games that makes them not so bad as they think.

If you see me doing this -....- around a word, I'm just doing that to emphasis maybe a hidden joke, meaning, or sometimes the blatently obvious which I've already demonstrated. So it isn't that I am getting frustrated, touchy, or upset just I am expressing myself in a different way.

If you go to my profile you will not find much there, however, you will find my myspace profile and other stuff. I just decided to make it easier on myself, not to type all my interests and such all over again and again.

What I like:

I enjoy Video game music, pretty much all genres of music, all forms of art, video games, training (weight, weapon, etc), singing, writing and I'll just leave it at that for now.

Hey, I've done some lurking for a while now... I've really enjoyed all the music on here. I myself play the piano, saxophone (tenor and alto) as well as the clarinet. I've been working with pretty much just MIDI stuff, but I'm trying to get better and break away from that whole, robotic sounding stuff... Any suggestions for someone who knows quite a bit of theory, and can play live, but isn't sure what to do when it comes to computers? Please? Heh. :P

Hello all. I'm relatively new here, to the forums anyway. Musically speaking, I play the Cello and sing in Choir. I'm not much of a soloist. Sometimes I attempt to write music, but I'm not very good at it; I'm not elaborate enough. I'm intent on getting some of my music on the site, and willing to practice until that happens.

Hi, everyone.

Male musician/composer/gamer from NYC, here.

Love the site. It has resurrected my love for gaming and fully made me realize how frickin' cool the music is.

I know quite a bit of music theory, but I'm a little bit of a newb when it comes to "home studio" production. I use Finale 2006, and I'm learning Kontakt 2 (when my CPU can handle it lol).

I definitely wanna contribute submissions in the future, and I've even got one brewing right now, although I think I'll probably have to collaborate with someone who has better equipment! I've visited the Judges Decisions forum and have gotten a good feel for what is expected!

Hope to get to know all of you better! Thanks!

I used up my "hi, I'm new" in the Follin tribute thread. But HAY GUYS I'M NEW!!!

If I don't post much, it's only because I always end up with my foot in my mouth somehow. So I try to stay quiet. I'm only sort of coming out of the lurker closet.

I used up my "hi, I'm new" in the Follin tribute thread. But HAY GUYS I'M NEW!!!

If I don't post much, it's only because I always end up with my foot in my mouth somehow. So I try to stay quiet. I'm only sort of coming out of the lurker closet.

It's okay. I'll make sure to be nice ;)

Anyways, nice to have you on!

:evil: Alright, apparently my other account is lost in some sorta paradox or something along with it's activation email...But that's not the point, I'm here to say, "Hello!"

I have very little knowledge in this kinda field and I'm poor as heck so, meh, the only reason I've joined this lovely little place, is so maybe some one can maybe help me with my mixes that I'm trying to do all on the computer, and becasue I was inspired to even start after I heard the e1m1 remix from The Dark Side of Phobos, which was so sexy I had a stroke........ :evil:

~Saji

Hello everybody, I'm a person. But oh, not just any person, I'm a new person, a person having no experience in forums whatsoever, a person who loves anime, video games, all types of food the world over,and practically every type of music that you can name (although, for some reason, not rap). I'm 14, have the ability to make many, many bizare sounds, and will go by either Randoman or "The Nonsequitorian" (the reason for that will probably be seen by all of you soon). I'm in a choir, and for those of you that care, have a vocal range of just over 3 octaves. Anywho, just sayin' hi.

Hey guys I love the remixes that people submit to this site. They are awesome. I make remixes of game music on my spare time so I thought why not publish them at OCR?

Well I host all my productions online at SoundClick.com:

http://www.soundclick.com/dj_kyron

Check 'em out and I'll be submitting some of them at OCR eventually. Hopefully a few will get accepted :). Anywayz I am out.

eZ

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

This account is for members of the team behind "PLAY: A VGM Documentary" currently in preproduction. I had to RSVP for the VGDJ birthday party in another thread but I thought I'd swing by here and say hello.

Haven't had much time to check out the rest of the board just yet but this seems like a nice community. We really appreciate the support you guys have already shown us and hope that those of you who haven't heard of our film will take an interest (You can check out the link in the signature for more information).

Ok, I'll wrap it up for now.

Thanks again

Later