The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hi! My name is Cassandra, 29 years old, I'm a French composer self produced. I compose instrumental songs with visual kei and chiptune influences, and I use FL Studio since four years. By the way, English isn't my native language, sorry for my grammar mistakes.

Hello, I'm the Nikanoru, retro gamer extraordinaire. I've been creeping the OC Remix website for a couple of years now, and after I downloaded my 12th remix album, I thought that I had run out of excuses not to say hi.

I am a bit of an audiophile and although I am very musically inclined, I seem to have neither the direction nor the time to pursue music these days, aside from listening to it and dreaming that one day I could play like some of the other artists out there. Speaking of which, I would like to contribute with a few tracks of my own one day - any advice for this noobie composer would be appreciated.

I like any music that invokes thought or feeling, whether it be acoustic, metal, symphonic, ambient, or just plain awesome.

Great to be here! :)

Hi. I've been listening for a few years now. Just got the notion to join.

Where to start....I use FLStudio 12 (Fruity Loops), and, of course, I am a HUGE gamer. For one thing, I just got the original Star Fox for the S.N.E.S., for 15 dollars. It is hard. Very hard. But I can see why everyone was blown away by it at the time. But the lag....

Anyway, who's ready for E3?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm 27 years old. Been lurking on this site since early 2013, but I never really had the drive to register up until now.

So yeah, I'm actually not so new here. XD

I don't really feel like disclosing more information about me right now. Or do I? Hey, I like Video Game Music (duh >_>). XD

9 hours ago, AwesomeYears said:

How do you do fellow kids?

I'm AwesomeYears and I arrange video game music for piano over at http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/ (shout-outs to them!)

I hope this website can be an inspiration to make some cool ReMixs and maybe I will be brave enough to submit one ay? :P

If you wanna collab with me, I will almost always would give a helping hand!

Hi. I FINALLY found another piano player on here! What franchise do you usually arrange? Mine's Zelda (ask me any song, and I can play it.). Occasionally do some DKC as well...and Star Fox. 

16 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Hi. I FINALLY found another piano player on here! What franchise do you usually arrange? Mine's Zelda (ask me any song, and I can play it.). Occasionally do some DKC as well...and Star Fox. 

I don't have a particular franchise I arrange from, I just arrange songs that I like and that will sound good if arranged on piano. My main franchises I'm currently focusing on are Fantasy Life, Dokapon Kingdom and Super Smash Bros. An unusual choice but their soundtracks are underrated ;)

Hi!

My name is Oliver.  I'm a qualified clarinetist and sound technician from Malaga, Spain. Also, I'm a guy who has the crazy dream of making a living with his passion, ¡Video game music!

I've been making music for video games since 2005 [Portfolio], but not until 2011 when I had the first opportunity to participate in a major project with Dark Ocean. Currently, I'm working on various orders and own projects. Besides I'm working closely with my friends in Tale Studios for the game Breaking Fast.

I am working actively to find my place in the video games world, mainly as a composer, but also as a sound designer. Lately I'm learning a bit of programming. I never miss one of Global Game Jam or Ludum Dare for a couple years now.

I invite you to enter to my recently released web page. Greetings!

https://orchestralblackbird.com

Hi everyone! I feel pretty excited of finally joining here, because [boring self-story life] i grew up listening many of the game music remixes made by many users of this forum. i've been composing and remixing since a few years ago, so I wonder why it took me so long to discover the site [/boring self-story life]. I'm 21 years-old, from spain, and hope to be a productive member!

Hello everyone!

I can't figure out why I didn't join actively this community before, so let's do this.
I'm Lord Bif, I'm from Paris, France, I'm 29, and I create VGM covers on YouTube for about 2 years now (the name is Lord Bif Music). At first I basically wanted to learn how to record instruments and produce music and video, and for doing it without more difficulty, I thought I could do covers of VGM, since I'm a player too. That way, and by posting it on YT, I thought it was a good way for having feedback and imrpove myself. 

In the end, I love that, so I still do VGM covers, but with more arrangement, trying to go out of my comfort zone. I work on Cubase, and I play mostly drums, guitar, bass, and some piano and cello (as a newbie). My favorites games those days are Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, and multiplayers games such as Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm and The Secret World. 

In real life, I'm a web developer and I like many things, but not extremely uncommon. Thanks for reading, and see you on the forums!

Spoiler

Hi OCReMix... *sigh (too late for this post) my name is Esteban im 19 years old and my ocupation is playing video games (Yoshi's Island, Mega Man Series, Metroid Series, Generally SNES Games) also im studing IT technician in Chile (IM CHILEAN) 

• Music (Rock & Electronica)
  • Video Games (sometimes in my phone King of Thieves)
  • Eat Cookies
  • Play Flaute & Melodica (Not as Mozzart)
  • Sleep 
  • Be a Composer (Project i have 1 song but is noob is called Transmisión... pilot song) (Souncloud: Mostacho Caducado)
  • Meet New People (Like You)
  • Draw Things (im Veteran but no Master)

Dislikes::angry:

• Lazy People (Homework)
  • See my Unmade Bed
  • Rasism or Discrimination
  • Get Out of Idea (Do Something)
  • Acoustic Contamination
  • Sun (Burn my Cornea, Iris)

Dreams::sleepzzz:

• Be a Master Composer
  • Be a Programer (A Plataformer Video Game)
  • Be Animator
  • Write a Fantasy Book
  • Get Along With the Community
  • Get 100 Post

Thanks for reading my post and sorry for my english

Edited by Yosh1PrisMa
Wrong Emoticon and Add Things

Greetings folks!

I'm a composer-wannabe from Norway with a (not so) secret dream of getting into game music. Previously I've mostly focused on writing for pop and rock bands, but recently I've also written live music for a couple of plays. I'm not much of a producer I'm afraid, but I'm planning to do something about that.

Here's a little tune I made yesterday while trying out EastWest ComposerCloud

and here's a song by my band (written by me)

• 1 month later...

What's up, fellow music enthusiasts?

I'm Kyle, and after deciding that math was horrible and dropping from a Mech Engineering degree, I've decided to finally start learning to produce music like I've been telling myself to for like 3 years. 

I LIVE for VGM! A very large part of what draws me to a game is its music, and the music and its usage is usually what keeps me hooked, like in Undertale and any Pokemon or Sonic game (except Sonic Boom, just... no).

I've started learning to use FL Studio for production, and I'm really liking it so far.

I'm mostly interested in making original work, but I'm excited to make remixes and ReMixes for practice and funsies!

My favorite games are Pokemon (main series), Sonic (1, 2, 3K, Adventure 1 & 2, and Generations), Rocket League, and Star Wars KotOR.

I'm super hyped to be here, and I can't wait to be making music and meeting, learning from, and/or working with people in this community!

Hey, I'm DS (David or Dave), just a casual gamer who knows about way much more games than he actually plays :P I'm a 17-year-old self-taught composer and producer and I like makin' piano covers, epic orchestral mixes, and wub-tastic dubstep remixes. One thing you'll probably find out about me sooner or later is that I'm a huge Star Fox junkie and I've done more remixes and covers of those OSTs than I can bother to think about in one sitting XD I hope to get to know this place a little better, I'll see y'all around.

25 minutes ago, DS394 said:

Hey, I'm DS (David or Dave), just a casual gamer who knows about way much more games than he actually plays :P I'm a 17-year-old self-taught composer and producer and I like makin' piano covers, epic orchestral mixes, and wub-tastic dubstep remixes. One thing you'll probably find out about me sooner or later is that I'm a huge Star Fox junkie and I've done more remixes and covers of those OSTs than I can bother to think about in one sitting XD I hope to get to know this place a little better, I'll see y'all around.

Hey Dave! I also do piano stuff! I'm mostly a Zelda person though, But I can play a few Star Fox songs, some Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, and DKC series tracks.

Some songs that I can play are as follows.

Gerudo Valley; Minda's Desperate Hour, Records 1, Select, learning Corneria, Hyrule Field (all versions!)

I use FLS to make stuff.

Do you have a YouTube page? Here's mine-

https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234

I haven't uploaded any piano tracks yet....don't really have a proper camera....But I will upload someday!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Grey or Greymanz, whichever you prefer. I'm a huge videogame nerd and I plan to go into videogame development in the future, and for that I want to be able to know all forms of art so that it doesn't end up costing a ton in the future. Despite not knowing anything about making music or even knowing an instrument, I've really loved learning about all of this by simply listening and researching on the random things I want to do. I so far am loving listening to the stuff posted in Workshop and have been working hard to produce a well made critic for every new post that I can. I hope to enjoy my time on this site! :D

Hey, everyone. My name is Austin Matthews, but I typically go by some variation of amtrax online. I'm a musician and voice actor who has been working with music for around 14 years now. I used to play trombone and tuba, but now I mostly just write and arrange (for around 9 years). I used to use Garage Band, but now I use Pro Tools with Miroslav Philharmonik 1, Omnisphere 2, and most recently the EastWest Composer's Cloud.

While voice over is my main focus, music is still one of my greatest passions and I want to start sharing that passion with like-minded people. The OC Remix community has always been an inspiration for me as a musician, but was always too self conscious of my abilities to formally join. I've put this off for too long. Here I am.

Here is a link to my most recent arrangement, a cinematic orchestral remix of Battle! Champion from Pokemon GSC/HGSS:

Battle! Champion is one of the first songs I ever covered back in 2007 (back when I was still using Finale 2007 and GM Soundfonts), so it's cool l to see how far I have come as a musician since then and how much the quality of my tools has improved as well with this latest remix.

(Also my current avatar is one of the characters I play in the mobile game Monster Strike, Mr. Edward Hyde).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm the Purple Perpetrator ;-P I just wanted to say what a great idea this thread is. I'm a bit of a lurker myself but I was wandering around the forum familiarizing myself with it and wanting to at least post a greeting. I was at a loss until I saw this thread (though how it took me so long to find it I do not know).

So that being said...

Hello everyone! :-D

PS: though I'm a huge fan of a lot of OCRemix music, it has been over 20 years since I actually composed anything of my own (no! it can't be 20 years! argh how did I get so old already?!) so it will likely be some time before I'm confident enough to even comment on anything let alone submit my own work.

I’m Ryott. I’ve always had some interest in making music, but never got around to trying it out. I first heard about OC ReMix from one of Totalbiscuit’s Patch Notes videos. The song played at the end was called “Pursued by the Subordinate of Ignorant Sin” by Mikeaudio. I thought it was a fantastic song and started looking for more remixes to listen to. Yet, I never visited the site until recently after listening to Dan Floyd of Extra Credits recommending that viewers check it out.

I’m curious about all sorts of things and I have a desire to create everything. I’m mostly a writer and draftsman at heart. Never played an instrument, but I’ve tried to learn FL Studio. It’s a bit overwhelming for me, but I may need to give it more practice before I learn the workflow.

Favorite kinds of music include electronic and chiptune soundtracks. I really like the soundtracks from games like Bastion and Dust: An Elysian Tail as well as Crypt of the Necrdoancer and Cave Story. They’re memorable and carry an emotional impact within the context of their respective worlds.

As for making music for OC ReMix, I’m not sure where to start. If any of you have advice, I’d love to hear it.