The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hi, everyone! My name is Alex Patrick and I've finally decided to make an account here. I am a fan of video game music and an ex-gamer who can still throw a professional style down-towards HP when i have too. My goal on the site is too share my music with you, and, hopefully, become a well-known person you feel proud to add to your list of Pro-VGM composers! I write, compose, mix, and master all my originals; so, please, feel free to tell me what you think of my compositions. I'm not a professional, but with of 20 years of doing music that is all self-taught, i would like to think my sound quality comes very close to professional. -PatricxMusic

1 hour ago, patricxmusic said:

Hi, everyone! My name is Alex Patrick and I've finally decided to make an account here. I am a fan of video game music and an ex-gamer who can still throw a professional style down-towards HP when i have too. My goal on the site is too share my music with you, and, hopefully, become a well-known person you feel proud to add to your list of Pro-VGM composers! I write, compose, mix, and master all my originals; so, please, feel free to tell me what you think of my compositions. I'm not a professional, but with of 20 years of doing music that is all self-taught, i would like to think my sound quality comes very close to professional. -PatricxMusic

Putting new people on point is not one of my many bad habits on Ocremix, but I do feel a need to address something on this particular new arrival. Today I received a message from this user asking me if I need a composer (???) or know anyone that would be willing to pay $10,000-$30,000 for sound quality alone (!?!?) because they are unable to get a normal job and pay for their mom's health bills. As I have not met or talked to this person before, nor do I think I've posted recently in a conversation shared of interest, I can assume I'm not the only one this person messaged.

With the very out-of-the-blue request and its high intensity of baffling methodology, a red flag of sorts based on experience is going up here. I'm not willing to full out call this person a potential scammer or someone to be suspicious of, but the fact that they are messaging people they don't know like me, ignoring the very clear signs that I'm a composer myself and am not likely to give out super high paying jobs to random strangers for "audio quality alone", giving the old song and dance about being disabled (at least I hope that's what "not being able to work a normal job" means) and having to care for an also disabled mom who can't pay bills, and attaching a photo of what appears to be a professional Asian woman model that I highly doubt is the user him/herself (which is a classic Asian spam/scam thing on social media) all rings out as more than just a quirky newbie or misguided "near-professional". No one who is even close to a professional does these kinds of things.

I withhold more serious judgment and alert for now, but this I felt was just a bit too... questionable to ignore.

11 hours ago, Meteo Xavier said:

Putting new people on point is not one of my many bad habits on Ocremix, but I do feel a need to address something on this particular new arrival. Today I received a message from this user asking me if I need a composer (???) or know anyone that would be willing to pay $10,000-$30,000 for sound quality alone (!?!?) because they are unable to get a normal job and pay for their mom's health bills. As I have not met or talked to this person before, nor do I think I've posted recently in a conversation shared of interest, I can assume I'm not the only one this person messaged.

With the very out-of-the-blue request and its high intensity of baffling methodology, a red flag of sorts based on experience is going up here. I'm not willing to full out call this person a potential scammer or someone to be suspicious of, but the fact that they are messaging people they don't know like me, ignoring the very clear signs that I'm a composer myself and am not likely to give out super high paying jobs to random strangers for "audio quality alone", giving the old song and dance about being disabled (at least I hope that's what "not being able to work a normal job" means) and having to care for an also disabled mom who can't pay bills, and attaching a photo of what appears to be a professional Asian woman model that I highly doubt is the user him/herself (which is a classic Asian spam/scam thing on social media) all rings out as more than just a quirky newbie or misguided "near-professional". No one who is even close to a professional does these kinds of things.

I withhold more serious judgment and alert for now, but this I felt was just a bit too... questionable to ignore.

that's strange,this very same user I happen to know from youtube. He does make music, and it sounds very decent to me.

I'm not defending anyone, but that's just sounds totally different from what I know about him. I think you might have the wrong person. :/

Either or, this is an introduction forum, I still welcome and say hello to all. :)

EDIT: I hope I'm not seeming rude at, but I do know THIS Alex Patrick. he's a nice guy.

Edited by Cupcom5
Updated

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I'm Palas, a composer hailing from Brazil, mostly interested in learning from the experiences you people share here. I've been listening to OCR for the longest time now. And even though I started learning music with the specific intent of making VGM, studying game music and trying my hand at a few remixes, it never occurred to me that I could join these forums. I want to be active and understand VGM better regarding all aspects of its production.

41 minutes ago, Palas said:

Hello!

I'm Palas, a composer hailing from Brazil, mostly interested in learning from the experiences you people share here. I've been listening to OCR for the longest time now. And even though I started learning music with the specific intent of making VGM, studying game music and trying my hand at a few remixes, it never occurred to me that I could join these forums. I want to be active and understand VGM better regarding all aspects of its production.

Welcome to the forums Palas (and other recent joiners). I hope you'll find what you're looking for here. Looking forward to hearing your works.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Glyn R Brown said:

Hello all, :)  my name is Glyn from the UK..

I've been visiting OC remix for many years now but I've only just decided to joined the group.

Looking forward to meeting you all & continuing to listen to all of the great tunes on here :)

Thanks ...

Hey! You and I actually had a sort collaboration many years ago. Probably about 8 years back now. Don't know if you remember.

You remixed a couple of tunes I wrote for an indie video game, and made them a lot better. I learned a lot from studying your remakes of them, but I don't think I ever got the chance to say thanks.

So thanks for that, man.

22 minutes ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

Hey! You and I actually had a sort collaboration many years ago. Probably about 8 years back now. Don't know if you remember.

You remixed a couple of tunes I wrote for an indie video game, and made them a lot better. I learned a lot from studying your remakes of them, but I don't think I ever got the chance to say thanks.

So thanks for that, man.

Hi there :) ...  I think i remember the one you mean, was it "Cool Clash" ? ... That's the only one i can recall, ha.

If it was that one, then you welcome... Although you did all the hard work... Good tunes you came up with :)

I wonder what happened to that game, I never even got a free copy, haha...

1 hour ago, Glyn R Brown said:

Hi there :) ...  I think i remember the one you mean, was it "Cool Clash" ? ... That's the only one i can recall, ha.

If it was that one, then you welcome... Although you did all the hard work... Good tunes you came up with :)

I wonder what happened to that game, I never even got a free copy, haha...

That was the one! Thanks. I never got a free copy either.

It didn't do well...I was told they barely made enough sales on it to cover what they paid for music, voice actors, etc. Which wasn't much. After that, Ben left the video game industry as far as I know.

5 hours ago, Glyn R Brown said:

Ha, really. They paid for music?... did you get paid?

After i did the mixes of your tunes, i never heard from them again, ha...

Shame really, It looked like a promising game.

Wow, holy hell, that's low of them. Yeah, I was under the understanding everyone was paid. I did, the voice guys did...like again, not much, but still.

It was a promising-looking game back when, all hand-drawn animation and stuff.

Though now that I learn this, it may have just been karma that it failed to sell.

21 hours ago, Glyn R Brown said:

Ah well, not to worry. :)

I've worked on many projects since & never been paid a penny...

Getting kind of used to it now..Ha!

Once developers/producers ect have what they need from you, they seem to just take It & run..

Anyhow, enough ranting.. :)

How about you, you still making music ?

Indeed I am!

• 4 weeks later...

What's Up Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Basic Human, Call me Basic.

I have a channel. So far only gaming related stuff, but soon also Music production, hopefully in the future some other content too.

I will be making the occasionall remix/remake of a vgm/vgm-related track.

Looking forward to hearing your work and reacing comments

Sup!

Long time metal musician (and a few other genres) and VGM fan.

I recently started stumbled across OC ReMix and thought it a good way to have some fun in my spare time and develop my creation skills a bit.

Also always looking for new music and exchanging ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! My name is Eliseo, I'm an aspiring music composer from Argentina. I love videogames and music.

I've heard of this site a long time ago, but I've never actually tried to sign up, because I was a totally noob in music production at that moment. But I'm taking this seriously from now on. I would like to compose and produce for indie games in a future.

I like OCRemix because in other specialized music sites such as KVRAudio there's almost no interest in videogames, so this is some sort of little shelter for us :). I hope to learn new things and have fun here

Sorry for any grammar mistake. English isn't my main language

Greetings,

my name is Phil. I like video game music. Sometimes I find pop culture music that sounds suspiciously similar to the video game music I like. Thus, I started a blog to publish my findings. There are also some high profile games on the list:

https://www.destructoid.com/blogs/PhilsPhindings/

Hope to see you soon!

Edited by Desperado

• 2 months later...

It my turn to jump into the pile!

My name's Trevor. Been wanting to make more game music friends. I've known about, OCR for years and have been wanting to do some covers/remixes, but never allowed myself the time. Ending that now!

Also, I've done lots of music composition tutorials to help break creative ruts. They're all up on my YouTube if you need something that might help.

Now, let's get remixing!

On 4/15/2019 at 2:23 PM, Desperado said:

Greetings,

my name is Phil. I like video game music. Sometimes I find pop culture music that sounds suspiciously similar to the video game music I like. Thus, I started a blog to publish my findings. There are also some high profile games on the list:

https://www.destructoid.com/blogs/PhilsPhindings/

Hope to see you soon!

I recently ran into this exact phenomenon. Amazon was pushing the trailer for the ABC Murders and it straight up lifts a section from the Death Adder theme from Golden Axe! Chords, voicing, and everything!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 9:22 PM, Facemeltingsolos said:

I recently ran into this exact phenomenon. Amazon was pushing the trailer for the ABC Murders and it straight up lifts a section from the Death Adder theme from Golden Axe! Chords, voicing, and everything!

Hello,

I didn't see someone quoted here, sorry. Well, my blog is in the other direction: Game music that has been inspired by pop music. But you never know where the journey will go if the interest is there...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

HAIL! I AM EPIKUS! I compose epic cinematic (virtual) orchestral scores, and sing opera (often with my scores). I have made covers of other epic pieces before, as well as metal songs, and of course my own original stuff. I'll make a post in Original Music soon to showcase what I have done, but suffice it to say, I have a couple of pieces/songs that have over 1 million views on YouTube. I hope to contribute to this community, and to find enjoyment therein. Thank you, and as always: STAY EPIK! 

• 2 months later...

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been listening to many of these remixes for a long time (some since the early days, when our family first got online and us kids started downloading free tunes from all over, running Windows 98 on the 486... oh yeah).

In recent years, discovered that OC Remix was the source of many of these tunes, and have been listening to (nearly) everything the site has to offer.

Fan of classic VGMs, but enjoy all sorts. Cheers!

Edited by JonathanDavidArndt