The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

hey guys, im Jared...yes i am part japanese...im also half filipino and quarter puerto rican...i really love games i play about 3 hours a day on school days almost and about 10 hours on weekends.... hehe umm im the hiphop type person mixed in with trance and techno, i do also like cars, im 16 and about to get my license to drive. my birthday is on feb 3. im from california near san francisco and san jose. this is pretty much all i have to say about myself..later guys, KEEP MIXIN!

Welcome to the boards. UNMOD IS AN EVIL PLACE j/k ;p Well, it can be.

And Trance/techno is my fav :)

I only recently got into unmod, it's insane. Some stuff is a bit too off the wall for my taste, but definitely a source for some good laughs.

I don't have specific preferences in music, as long as it provokes a lot of thought and feeling.

Hello all, Nathan new to the scene here. I'm 19, have loved the remixes on this site for some time and have collected quite a few of them. I love music, computers, audio/video equipment and stuff like that. I am a full time student at a local community college trying to get my degree in Computer Science. Anyway, glad to finally look around the forums a bit and looking forward to speaking to a lot of you all later. :D

Hello there and welcome to the OCRemix forums!

Since I noticed that you currently do not have a sig, you should visit here and request a signature. Just tell them what you want in it, politely of course :), and one of the many very helpful sig makers will be glad to help you.

Once you post your request in the sig thread, I highly recommend you go here and learn the basics about the bbcode that we use here. The tutorial is very informative and should be able to answer most of the questions that you may have about why maybe your coding doesn't work or why your sig doesn't show up correctly in your sig box.

Once you feel you are ready, feel free to head off to the general discussion portion of the forums.

Politeness and courtesy will get you far on these forums, but of course I don't need to tell you that, right? :wink:

Goodluck and enjoy your many adventures to come here at OCRemix!

I'm your average guy, 15, who absolutely loves video game music!! I have many OCRemixes already on my MP3 player, and I figured it's about time I started joining in the fun. I play the trombone, so that may show up in some of my mixes too. Well, yeah, that's about it, so see ya!

^Did that sound too weird to you? I don't know, it did to me. Maybe I'm just imagining things...

Hi, I'm 17, Australian, and I just joined up here! One of my best friends told me about it and I decided to join up. I absolutely love video game music (in particular SNES & Megadrive/Genesis RPGs) and have plenty of space in my Creative Zen Touch's HDD just waiting to be filled up with some classic remixes. So every1 out there, come along and drop us a line!!!

Hi, I'm relatively new to the OCR forums (finally got the guts to register), but I've visited OCR for a fairly long time now. Well, long for me at least (maybe a year). I've got a fairly large amount of songs from here and VGMix (I'm guessing somewhere around 300-400, more if you count artist originals and non-video game songs), and - well - yeah.

I'm from Twin Falls, Idaho, I'm 18 (turning 19 in around two months), and I don't play an instrument yet, but I'm planning on buying an electric guitar soon (then I'll probably take some guitar lessons at the college here in town), then hopefully in a few years I'll get good enough to NOT completely suck.

I don't seem like an optimist, do I? I blame the seventh grade for that.

Yeah, I'll go right on ahead and shut up now. Plus it's very late here, so - um - g'night.

Hi. I did have an account here before, but seeing as its post count was about 25, I thought it would be best to let it gather dust.

Anyway, my new name here is Neotails8762, I'm a fan of both Doom and Sonic the Hedgehog, My music tastes are Slipknot, Mudvayne, that sort of stuff, but also club music (nothing too heavy pl0x).

I've started using this name in all forums I have registered in, (the first one being one called Sonic Vegemite - anyone who has also got an account there PM me)

I'm not what you'd call a complete n00b (I know how to post images XD) but I have been known to say stupid things, so I'm warning you in advance.

Erm, that should be everything. I'm new (kinda). Be nice.

Hi. I did have an account here before, but seeing as its post count was about 25, I thought it would be best to let it gather dust.

Anyway, my new name here is Neotails8762, I'm a fan of both Doom and Sonic the Hedgehog, My music tastes are Slipknot, Mudvayne, that sort of stuff, but also club music (nothing too heavy pl0x).

I've started using this name in all forums I have registered in, (the first one being one called Sonic Vegemite - anyone who has also got an account there PM me)

I'm not what you'd call a complete n00b (I know how to post images XD) but I have been known to say stupid things, so I'm warning you in advance.

Erm, that should be everything. I'm new (kinda). Be nice.

A bit of advise: stay out of UnMod for a while kay?

I was told that I got flamed a lot in UnMod with my last account (If you must know, my last name was "28% Will Do Fine")

I think I kinda gave up with OCRforums when my mix got rejected.

That and I didn't have the internet at home, and I was using the school computers, so I had 6 weeks without OCR.

I was told that I got flamed a lot in UnMod with my last account (If you must know, my last name was "28% Will Do Fine")

I think I kinda gave up with OCRforums when my mix got rejected.

That and I didn't have the internet at home, and I was using the school computers, so I had 6 weeks without OCR.

Uhhh, I never knew your old account, but if you were flamed, all the more reasons not to go there.

Have more backbone. You iz fine nuka

Thanks! Yeah, lack of backbone has been a big problem with me. I've been slowly gathering backbone over the weeks though, so eventually I should be just fine. ^_^

So yeah, if anyone's got some spare backbone, FedEx it my way. I'm what you call a "Backbone Gatherer."

Or - um - something like that.

Yeah, I've no clue what I said, either. :(

I'm a lost, lost, soul with a strange, strange, mind. How sad. ^_^

I'm a lost, lost, soul with a strange, strange, mind. How sad. ^_^

How odd, I'm a found, found soul with a normal, normal mind. How happy.

Anyways, welcome. (I know, I'm new too, but I figured I'm a nice guy, so I'll say hello.)

Hello as well to RetroTech, Neotails, and hackabusa.

I've already posted a few times around here, but I figure I'll introduce myself.

Name's Andy, I admin/host two forums mostly pertaining to anime, I admined at a large one that bit the dust and died because it was overrun by idiots, I do a webcomic that's been around for about a year and a half, I've been playing videogames since I was in first grade (I'm a few weeks from graduating high school), I do visual effects as a hobby (weapon of choice is Maya 7,) I have no soul, and I think I'm the only person who liked both Chrono Cross and Secret of Evermore.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach and run-on sentences.

I'v downloaded hundreds of tracks and joined because one of my friends wants to be a remixer here and I'll be offering him tech support and I'll be helping him record some of his tracks with my AWESOME new Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum soundcard. So, I figured that after long long time (2-3 years) of dedication I would like to become a member. Anyways, once again offering my HUGE database of chipsets MIDIs et cetera to help anyone who wants/needs an original piece to Remix just PM me and I'll contact you in a week, UNLESS i'm on a trip then it might be longer. Now, a little about me. I love music and am a complete computer freak/geek/nerd. I've always had a soft spot for Pokemon games and am trying to collect the old ones. I am an avid Battlefield 2 player in which my screen name is also MasterStarman and you'll usually find me in the skies normally in aa helicopter or in a plane getting shot down LOL (^_^).