OCR00781 - Mega Man 5 "Good Night, Lil' Man"

orkybash

Definitely a great follow-up to texx sound's spectacular first piece. Emotion very high, and in a very good way. Get it.

It starts out with a soothing piano melody, which is backed up by a subtle violin, then a string section patch and an extremely well-played acoustic guitar. A recorder, I believe, joins in as well. This one never gets too loud and leaves you wanting it to go on much, much longer.

I always liked the intro music for this game, and I'm glad finally that someone covered it. Definately has some "Myst" like quality if anyone has ever heard that music. Been playing it over and over so far. My only complaint is that it is too short.

Quality work. :wink:

This is easily one of my favorite remixes so far. I enjoy something that captures another aspect to a song than the obvious, usually (however, not always) energetic, rhythm. The guitar and flute duo effectively give the song the "good night" calm feeling that seems to be intended. ^^ Very enjoyable. I'll be looking forward to more remixes, texx.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Aaah , very good and soothing, I like the piano and acoustic interchange. Love it. smile.txt

<edit> I'd just like to add that it's from the title screen itself and not when the prelude (Protoman blowing stuffs) for clarification. I should know since I'm doing a romhack of it and have to put up with the MM5 music hours long each day. sick.txtdnc.gif

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Definately has some "Myst" like quality if anyone has ever heard that music.

Been a while since I've played it, but isn't that music more dark and mysterious? This remix is soft like a pillow, and also has piano and acoustic guitars. It may sound like Myst, but if I would decide, this sounds more like that would come from Final Fantasy 10 or higher.

Beautiful stuff texx, main complaint is about the length of this remix, but lullabies are supposed to be short, right? :wink: I liked the sound you got from that piano, it had a very bright tone, and together with the guitar, this piece got a very sad feel to it. Makes me picture a spanish wanderer that just got himself a flashback. And then falls asleep. Great stuff.

BEST MEGA MAN 5 SONG ON THIS SITE!!!.... because it's currently the only one on the site.

I agree, it has been three years since this one. Can someone make a MM5 project? Please? Pretty please? :puppyeyes:

• 2 years later...

Short and sweet but a very heartfelt piece. I really enjoy the simplicity of this mix. The recording quality is not the greatest but it does not subtract too much from the piece.

The strings and guitar put in with the piano really create some nice momentum and variation. Compositionally this is one of my favorite songs on the site. It says so much by using so little.

• 8 months later...

Piano at the beginning was a bit mechanical, but this mix has a nice charm to it, and the guitar was pretty good sounding. I think in the past 7 years, texxsounds has probably improved his production to the point that this would sound completely awe-inspiring if done today. The foundation is certainly there. The guitar playing is the standout one this one.

A short, sweet, and perfectly imperfect lullaby. Check it out.

• 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00781 - Mega Man 5 "Good Night, Lil' Man"