OCR00780 - King of Fighters '96 "Psycho Rave"

orkybash

Being an utter nutjob fan of SNK's music, my expectations are abnormally high, and as a result I didn't enjoy this mix as much as I wanted to. The main lead is too loud, and it could've used some more elaborate drumwork.

Still, its a good remix and well worth listening to.

More SNK please.

I didnt like this one. The sounds are great, however, I didnt like the arrangement.

Ok that fat synth that plays the chorus. That does not go with the beat. The BASS melody is too plain and lacks variety and ALSO does not go with the beat (its on the right timing, but the beat speaks to me different).

The wrong drumloops were used in my opinion, I see what it should have sounded like. I dont feel its doing it.

The song's pretty good, very ravey. Too bad I don't like rave. *giggles*

Seriously. The intro didn't sound at all like the song. From 00:28 to 1:08, it sounded pretty good.

From 1:09 to 1:36 ... I really, REALLY hate that part. It's the only thing that sounds too... distorted. That kind of sound is what turned me away from rave sounds.

From then onward, I really enjoyed the song. The distorted parts, that's the only thing I didn't like.

But that's just me. ;) Sorry if I sounded rude.

Well, I aint the biggest fan of SNK´s music but what we have here

is an exceptional well done remix. It makes me wanna go *SMACK*,

*POW* and *HII-YYAAA!!*. Love the choir and the phat bassline.

However, I cant help but feel that the ending needs a liitle more "oomph".

But I guess thats just me...

Excellent work Geckomeister!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so from the beginning it didn't really catch my attention, and I wasn't looking very forward to it, but almost immediately after the short beginning segment it gets reeeeeeally cool. A straight bass beat and a fast paced "wah" sound, then it brings in a high-pitched metallic nifty sound effect, along with some cute little chimes. Around 2:00 starts reminding me of Crystalis. Excellent. 9 out of 10.

• 3 months later...

Opening chorals are a little annoying and it takes awhile to get into the main part. I mainly wanted to pop in here and say when it hits 1:08 the melody sounds like an ultra fast and cheesed melody from the song NoppZ mixed from Asterix & Obelix. It sounds like only 7 of the first notes from it. Just thought that was interesting.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this is an awesome mix. Great job with the techno/rave remix of the Psycho Soldier theme. What's bugging me right now is I know I heard this before coming here. What I can't remember is if I heard it on a CD or if I just downloaded it looking for SNK themes. :oops:

Does anyone know where I can find a decent copy of the original arrangement?

I believe the arranged theme appears on the KoF '96 Arranged soundtrack. A slower version appears on the KoF '97 Arranged soundtrack.

• 11 months later...
Being an utter nutjob fan of SNK's music, my expectations are abnormally high, and as a result I didn't enjoy this mix as much as I wanted to. The main lead is too loud, and it could've used some more elaborate drumwork.

Still, its a good remix and well worth listening to.

More SNK please.

I totally agree with your opinion.

For those who would like to check the KOF '96 full arranged version, here goes it:

Psycho Soldier Remix ’96

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Pretty mechanical sequencing and a few sound choices i'm not sure of.

Some of the synths are really piercing, as is the attack or the bells. it's a little click that spikes right into my brain. ;_;

Drums are too buried and sortof just add white noise rather than distinct beats.

Arrangement is pretty generic as well..

Sorry dude, not feeling this one :-(

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00780 - King of Fighters '96 "Psycho Rave"