Adventure games of the good ol' days.

L.T.W.

Everything LucasArts made for DOS

ever

and a little bit into Windows

Yeah, I've beaten Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis many times, DotT, and the Original Maniac.

For some reason I seem to have deleted IJatFoAtlantis from my computer :(

and No website seems to give anything but the stupid demo :(

So I'll be forced to buy it on ebay for a stupidly expensive price :( (Ive seen it for 70 bucks!!)

EDIT:

Captain Blood. (seriously, loads of awesome).

Is it this one: (Cuz I found many results under that name on google)

THIS

A few lesser known gems:

Chronomaster is a unique sci-fi/fantasy adventure written by the late Roger Zelazny (whom I myself am unfamilliar with, but apparently his works are moderately famous). You go around several "pocket universes", each with their own unique setting and natural laws trying to remove them from stasis and discover who is behind it. Features the voices of Ron Perlman and Brent Spiner.

Normality is a humorous semi-sci-fi fully 3D (sprite-based, mind you) first-person adventure game set in the gloomy Neutropolis, where happiness is a crime and the dictatorial Paul Nystalux and his oppressive Norm Trooper cops rule all. You set out to join the rebellion to overthrow him. A very unique plotline with some great gags.

And last but not least, Toonstruck, featuring a live-action performance by none other than Christopher Lloyd, who play Drew Blanc, a down on his luck animator who gets sucked into a wacky world of his own creations, where he must save the kingdom of Cutopia from the vile Count Nefarious and his Malevolator. Features gorgeous cartoony graphics and humor and tons of familliar voice actors, not to mention the wacky puzzles and an unfortunately unresolved cliffhanger ending.

As far as specifically DOS:

7th Guest, 11th Hour

The Journeyman Project (the two sequels, Buried in Time and Legacy of Time do not run in DOS)

The entire Zork series (though Grand Inquisitor does not run in DOS)

Sanitarium is also good, but not DOS

The King's Quest games . . . but only if you can put up with the fact that you eventually will need an item that you forgot to pick up earlier and can no longer get, and you'll need to reload your game from 2/3 of the way back to get the item (and you do still have that save, right?)

Im playing KQ6 right now, it seems pretty cool.

And I also noticed that Sierra made the KQ series... so whatever happened to Sierra? Cuz I havent heard from it since I played "Lighthouse: The Dark Being" which was an awesome game btw.

Were they eaten by EA or something?

Im playing KQ6 right now, it seems pretty cool.

And I also noticed that Sierra made the KQ series... so whatever happened to Sierra? Cuz I havent heard from it since I played "Lighthouse: The Dark Being" which was an awesome game btw.

Were they eaten by EA or something?

Vivendi

Also, on topic how about Phantasmagoria for the OMG RAPE

Discworld- I loved this game the first one it had the Disc feel about it + great voice talent, quite hard to get hold of nowadays

Im suprosed no one hasnt said it but Simon The Sourcer hugely enjoyable game and has enjoyed an XP re release to concide with the poor sequel.

umm DIZZY........

The King's Quest games . . . but only if you can put up with the fact that you eventually will need an item that you forgot to pick up earlier and can no longer get, and you'll need to reload your game from 2/3 of the way back to get the item (and you do still have that save, right?)

Truth.

I miss those old adventure games. Fun, engaging, and intelligent. Those are the three words I'd use to describe 'em all, and it's a damned shame that kids growing up nowadays aren't going to have that same kind of awesome. Granted, I've been out of the scene once Lucas Arts decided that shitty Star Wars games were the only way to appeal to the audience, so I don't know what's been coming out, but the only game I've played that's even remotely similar in style is Dreamfall: The Longest Journey II and from what I've heard, it pales in comparison to the original.

Im suprosed no one hasnt said it but Simon The Sorceror hugely enjoyable game and has enjoyed an XP re release to concide with the poor sequel.

umm DIZZY........

We did suggest it, it just didn't get mentioned on its own. Anything from that period by Lucas Arts was almost guaranteed gold.

Also for something later, check out Obsidian.