Cave Story Piano Arrangement - Geothermal Blues

Audity

I stayed up all night working on this, since it's my favorite song from the game.

Original Song

My Arrangement

There's one note I want to put in towards the end, but who cares; I'll put it in some other time. I started out just wanting to create notes for a simple piano arrangement that I could make sheet music to and play on the piano, but I started going too crazy. I didn't spend much time getting a good piano sound, but it sounds alright, anyway. I don't really think any parts are that messy or random except possibly the last couple of measures leading into the highest-octave-piano part. After experimenting throughout the whole piece, this end result is a sound I am pleased with. I wonder if it's OCR-material. I'd be really surprised if it is; the arrangement is there, but sound quality might be bad? Sounds fine to me!

It's less than 2 minutes long, but it seems like a really long song to me, even so.

The arrangement is pretty good but it just doesn't sound that great for a solo piano piece. It lacks expression (I'm guessing you sequenced this) and the piano sample you're using isn't very good so it really sounds like background music for one of those tv guide channels. Also the ending is kind of weird and it just cuts out. This is a good example of a piano piece that uses alright samples and sequenced entirely by hand.

The really short ending chord is how I intended to close it.

I didn't change many velocities at all, or do anything to add expression, since it was originally going to be something I could make sheet music with. But thanks for the opinion. I might try something more with it.