Super Mario World 'Valley of the Shadow of Bowser' (WIP)

Hey there, OC'ers, my name's Casey Venn (also known as Joe Bryant). It's my first time posting here, but I frequent the site in search of musics worthy of my MP3 player, so I figured I'd toss in some of my work in this here forum. Mind you, I'm still learning this whole remixing thing, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

So this track I'm throwing out here isn't completely finished, I'm still working on it, but I'd say it's about 80-92% right now. That is, I don't wanna put too much work into it after this point. Not that it's not a decent track, but I think I'm gonna move onto another mix.

The name is "Valley of the Shadow of Bowser," which is a pretty lengthy title, I know. I don't know if it lives up to it, though. You be the judge.

http://www.soundclick.com/caseyvenn

It's located there, in the above link. It's the only track I've got posted, so it shouldn't be hard to find. =P

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch, guys.

-Venn(dictive)

Thanks HoboKa, I appreciate it. I've added another version to my Soundclick, along with another song, but the other song is an original, not a remix. The second version isn't TOO much different from the first, I just added some ambience to it. I think it's an improvement, but not too much. Then again, you guys are the critics. Lemme know what you guys think.

Oh, man, I've done it again. I keep forgetting that you have to sign up for SoundClick. >_<;;; Thanks a bunch for bringing it to my attention. So, now I've got a new link.

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/YpqA4L308627/Valley_Of_The_Shadow_Of_Bowser_2.mp3.html

That should be a LOT better, or at least, I hope so. Now maybe some people will download and critique (or at least, I hope, =P).

-Venn

This sounds weird.

Make it even weirder and I'll admit I like it =P

Maybe toy around a bit with that bass line, make it a bit funkier. Maybe give that bass a break or even a solo. The bass is there, it wants to be heard, but it doesn't give something interesting to listen to tbh.

I also recommend to expand the song more during the duration of the song. You already did this with the drums, but it can be done with so much more. Think of stuff like harmony and volume. Maybe introduce some new instruments during the song as well. I think it would be really cool if this song is sounding like it's about to explode before the soft part at 1:50.

The original version of the Valley of Bowser doesn't have a lot to it, so you're working with very little here. To keep something like that interesting is no easy job, so bravo to that!

I sense a shit load of potentional in this Mix =)

Ya, I'm streaming Hi-Fi version now.

Well nothing I can say that hasn't already.

It's pretty cool... the sound volume jumps a bit and I was expecting the song to kick over into something crazy, harder, faster, wicked whatever once that volume and bass were rising.

It sounds good so far, I'd say keep developing it as long as you do still have interest in it. Its cool you want to move onto another project... but this mix has soo much potential it would be almost sad if you let it go as is