*NO* Secret of Mana 'Pipe Organ'

djpretzel

post this mix?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. post this mix?

Hmmm... we don't get too many organ only mixes around here, so I'm tempted to say yes just for originality. But, this one really tweaked my ear with all its missed notes. Dissonance can sound really good when used artfully, but this just sounds like either someone's playing completely wrong notes, or *cough* someone copied and pasted notes without regard to how the arrangement actually sounds. Sorry, but I have to say No.

well not until 1:24 does the chord progression get right. I don't really mind it being done with organ or accordian or jewharp or whatever. Well the ending is kind of interesting with the cutoff and all... but...

ok

This would be an interesting experiment to turn into my composition instructor, but I don't think the writer really knew what was going on here as far as possible fugal episodes, or contrapuntal ideas are concerned, but maybe he does. Anyway, it's um... well it's different, but if it came down to artistic subjectivity, I'd just say it's not what we're looking for on this site, but that's just me. I'm gonna say no for the above reasons, not for the latter.

DC

• 2 weeks later...