Is The World Ready...

Dyne

...for another podcast?

I've been doing a bit of thinking. Since VGDJ is over, and there's really nothing else on the horizon, that I've seen, anyway. I thought that maybe somewhere along the line there might be another podcast just waiting to happen. And I was curious as to what kind of reception it would find when it does finally arrive.

Any ideas?

Also, if you're looking forward to another VGDJ-style podcast, or even if you want to start something fresh and new, suggestions are most definately appropriate for this thread. I'd like to hear what everyone has to say about it.

Well, I've been rolling the thought around for awhile now. The only thing holding me back is that I've no experience podcasting. Though I'm an apt pupil, I want to learn.

Anyway, right now, I'm in the planning and idea stages of development, once I have something solid, I'll share more information, but what it really boils down to is that I want to be more involved in the community, and I'm actively looking for ways to do so beyond remixing. After all...I haven't remixed...yet.

Actually, what really got me interested was a panel at Otakon done by four voice actors that really piqued my interest. The way I see it, there's always something going on somewhere in the world of video games, games music and anime. So, I figured, what the heck, why not?

this thread comes up every month by a different person

like this one

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

or the ever obvious one about vgf

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1489

let larry do it i say

or if he is too busy have the the big people select someone willing that they feel can do the job

I think you're right. In all honesty, I do.

My idea wasn't to make an official podcast. Not at all, though I'm sure it would be quite awesome to actually have the official OCR podcast, that's not what I'm after. Truth be told, I wanted to do a podcast that covered not only OCR, but also the industry as well.

There's a lot that I want to do with this, but before I even attempt to do anything about it, I needed to know what kind of reception it would get. Because, while anything worth doing, is worth doing well, it's also worth knowing whether or not someone's going to actually get something out of it.

I'm sure there's plenty of other ways I could help out in the community, but this is the one I really want to do, that most interests me. So, all I'm asking for is some help, in essence.

What do you say? Who wants to take the plunge?

I did a bit of thinking since the other day, and I'm going to make my own podcast, but it's not going to be official. It's just something for me to do in my passtime, and I'm probably going to touch on a variety of subjects. So, I need to sit down and work out a format, which I'm in the process of doing now.

If anyone would like to contribute some ideas, possibly some leads, that'd be great. I'll speak more of it once I've got the basic idea written out, and decide how I'm going to format it.

I'm just bumping this, despite the other two threads (one of which was produced, of course, by the infamous or is that famous, Larry Oji). No matter who does the official podcast, I still want to take a shot at podcasting on my own personal level, not because I wish to compete (though that might be fun too), but because I once again must stress that I feel as though I should be giving back to the community that I've come to love.

Sure, I'm no remixer, not by any stretch of the imagination, though I wish to be and more. I just felt that after being here five years, and really not contributing much of anything other than presence, that my time has come.

• 2 weeks later...

something i think would be cool is if you did one that was only game music. like, no remixes, just the straight game rips. do a variety of different genres each session - maybe focusing on a theme - but doing just game music brings people back to the source. i realized the other day that i've never really listened to the originals for three of my five favorite mixes. that's terrible. the point of this site is to bring vg music appreciation to the same level as every other type of music, right? so i think that a straight game-rip/ost file podcast would keep people focused on the original music and the composers that wrote them, rather than the sick beats someone layered on the midi.

of course, this is just my opinion. i'd be willing to help find tracks for you, dyne.