OCR-Tan

DarkeSword

A Mugen OCR fighting game would be great, but we'd need to come up with more characters, like Mod-tan, Judge-tan, make all the Judges playable characters, etc.

Doing all the judges would probably be too complicated. Keeping it simple with fewer characters is the best way to go for both spriting (fighting characters require a ridiculous amount of sprites) and in balancing the game. However, I was considering doing sprites of Pretzel and Green: :pretzel::ocrgreen: Of course there's also the possiblity of tossing in ThaSauce-tan (I already have an idea of how she might look), VGmix-tan or something like that.

And NWG as announcer, final boss, and playable character.

"Nice Combo!"

"djp Wins. Nice Work."

NWG would definitely be the "toasty" fellow popping in to tell you how nice your work is. Not sure about final boss, 'cause then no one could beat the game.

OCR-Tan_run_2x.gif

Yeah, I guess it's kind of cheating, but I always though MMX sprites were the coolest.

Not entirely cheating. The hair's animation is nice.

OCR-Tan_run_2x.gif

I vote for rom hack.

Seriously though, it would be pretty cool to have an OCR game. I tried drawing one too but with NES graphics... anyway, imagine a game like MMX except it's about OCR tan who has to find the lost OCReMixes and also DJP that were stolen by LarryBot who after you've played the game for a bit turns out to have been infected with a virus that made him evil and that was actually made by some other evil dude and stuff. Anyway, I think it would make a pretty cool game. It could also be like, Larry and the other judges go nuts and each go hide in various parts of the OCReMix world (remember the thread where people drew OCReMix?) and you have to go kill them and steal their various remixer skills and capture Larry who will then fall on the ground crying but escape in his spaceship while jutting his eyebrows. Yeah!!!

Bottom line - do you think you could make more of those? Like, one where she's standing still just breathing like x does and one where she's jumping?

I vote for rom hack.

Seriously though, it would be pretty cool to have an OCR game. I tried drawing one too but with NES graphics... anyway, imagine a game like MMX except it's about OCR tan who has to find the lost OCReMixes and also DJP that were stolen by LarryBot who after you've played the game for a bit turns out to have been infected with a virus that made him evil and that was actually made by some other evil dude and stuff. Anyway, I think it would make a pretty cool game. It could also be like, Larry and the other judges go nuts and each go hide in various parts of the OCReMix world (remember the thread where people drew OCReMix?) and you have to go kill them and steal their various remixer skills and capture Larry who will then fall on the ground crying but escape in his spaceship while jutting his eyebrows. Yeah!!!

Bottom line - do you think you could make more of those? Like, one where she's standing still just breathing like x does and one where she's jumping?

A Mega Man style game where OCR-tan fights against the evil Robot Judges?! So much win!

I could definitely make more. I actually had a somewhat similar idea a while back, but more strictly MegaMan-themed--I was editing all the MegaMan X sprites into ProtoMan (scarf and all). So, I've found and downloaded pretty much the whole suite of MMX player animations, and now have them handy. I was working on OCR4-Tan-ing the level-clear pose last night when I had the urge to do some "real" animation. So, I'll likely have those done soon, as soon as I can get some free time this weekend.

As soon as I finished my piece of artwork for today, OCR went down. This was around 8:30 in the morning, and I really needed some sleep. But now that things seem to be back up and running I'll go ahead and post it.

4TanChibiPretzel.png4TanChibiPretzelTrans.png

There's the actual image with the background and then a PNG with a transparent background in case people want to use her in other things like sigs and whatnot. I feel my chibi skills have much improved and decided I'd do what you might call a "ReMix".

MORE! NEED MORE!!!

OCR-Tan_win_2x.gif

Something I just figured I'd point out: what was X's chest plate is now, obviously, the orange part of her upper outfit. However, it seems very small, unlike the drawing (in which is covers the whole area around her neck). I think this is in part due to wanting to represent the gray pretzel in the sprite, but it's taking up too much of the sprite right now, especially in the "ready" stance. Also, the shoulders, it looks like when she's in her "ready" stance her shoulder "spikes" (whatever you want to call them) are partly orange when they should only be gray. Maybe I'm wrong, but I figured it couldn't hurt to point it out. I want this to be as awesome as humanly possible.

(There's other little things as well, like maybe reducing the size of the wrist cuffs in future versions, but I'll let you handle those.)