OCR-Tan

DarkeSword

• 2 months later...

I accidentally djp.

I was sketching a girl then I realized her hair looked like a pretzel. I then showed some terrible person who will remain anonymous, and he said she should be DJP-tan or some such. Figured this was a good as place as any to share the sketch. XD

th_DJP-tan.jpg

And also if people had ideas for her outfit or accessories or color scheme they could share them, as I would like to finish this. It's cute I think. XD And yes, she is wearing one of those fabu shirts DragonAvenger made atm.

• 1 month later...

It's not really related to OCR-Tan (though she does have fancy headphones), but I wanted to go ahead and post this bit of Proto-dome fan art:

Zero-G%20Lemonade%20Thumbnail.jpg

Click for a larger version, and you can find an even larger version in my DeviantArt gallery.

I'm a big fan of Proto-dome's series of Blue Albums (I can't wait for Blueshift!) and since there's a character to draw, I figured I'd do my own spin on "Blue-chan."

Just so I'm not completely off-topic here, I did do a bit of work on the timeline on the previous page and have updated it accordingly:

OCRTimelineupWIPSmall.png

Click for the larger, changed version.

Dates have been corrected, 3 has had her bass redone, and her lines have been cleaned up considerably, and 4 is now sporting her guitar.

It's not really related to OCR-Tan (though she does have fancy headphones), but I wanted to go ahead and post this bit of Proto-dome fan art:

Zero-G%20Lemonade%20Thumbnail.jpg

Click for a larger version, and you can find an even larger version in my DeviantArt gallery.

I'm a big fan of Proto-dome's series of Blue Albums (I can't wait for Blueshift!) and since there's a character to draw, I figured I'd do my own spin on "Blue-chan."

FUCK.

This is so good

This is so good.

This is so good.

THIS IS SO GOOD.

EDIT: Dude seriously, this is so good, with the flying lemonade and the awesome character adaptation and saying you like my albums and that.

Edited by PROTO·DOME

I'm really glad you like it! It's an idea that came to me a few days ago and, after trying to push the image away to no avail, I just had to get it out. I had a lot of fun drawing and coloring it too. Just keep on making awesome jazzy 9-bit music, man. I eat that stuff up! =P

• 3 months later...

I think technically the original version of the site was a green layout back when it was still very much an offshoot of the original OverClocked website. I think it only stayed that way a couple of months though, so I never really counted it.

Or maybe v5 is actually this darker gray version that we have now. The site has evolved and changed slightly as the years have gone on....

Still, it's really the color scheme and visual impact of the site that determines the "-tan" so unless the layout and colors change significantly, 4 will still work. Also, you have a source on that info?

I think technically the original version of the site was a green layout back when it was still very much an offshoot of the original OverClocked website. I think it only stayed that way a couple of months though, so I never really counted it.

Or maybe v5 is actually this darker gray version that we have now. The site has evolved and changed slightly as the years have gone on....

Still, it's really the color scheme and visual impact of the site that determines the "-tan" so unless the layout and colors change significantly, 4 will still work. Also, you have a source on that info?

5-tan could be the one that no one ever sees. Occasionally mentioned, but otherwise absent. Or a twin of 4-tan.

it was mentioned at the OCR panel at MAG, complete with mockup.

v6 is not a mockup. What you saw at Mag was a screenshot of the existing dev copy.

We are currrently using v5 right now. v4 was the initial changeover to the white and orange, but the site has changed so much since then; forum software change, no more sidebar, lots of subtle stylistic tweaks, etc.

I figured it was a MAGFest thing. I've been meaning to go for a long time, but it just never works out....

Ahem! How different is it exactly? Is it still using the same basic colors or are we totally shifting styles here? I'm really curious now. If it's different enough I want to start sketching out ideas. =P