OCR-Tan

DarkeSword

I'm working on my drawing skills so that I can contribute, but I figured Bean was getting sick of me pestering him to finish that beach pic.

Not really, but I think I'm going to leave it as a summer release. Anything else just doesn't feel right to me.

At the moment I'm pretty busy with some other stuff. As soon as I get it finished, I can start working on more OCR-Tan artwork. I do have tons of OCR-Tan sketches that I've done over the years, so if I can find them, I guess I can scan 'em and put them into a collage or something if people are interested. Nothing fancy, but it's something.

Oh, and here's something I've been working on for someone recently:

4T00058671S.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd mention that I'm not opposed to the notion of including the OCR-tans as mascots, and having the mascot project team wiki up some bios to boot. Seems like it'd be fun. Binjovi, seems like you're the man for the job, unless you're not down. I'm thinking in a style similar to your sig, but not stylized/pastel. Needs to work at the smaller res mascots are at, and would need to be full body poses and not truncated/cutoff...

Or not? Just an idea...

Just thought I'd mention that I'm not opposed to the notion of including the OCR-tans as mascots, and having the mascot project team wiki up some bios to boot. Seems like it'd be fun. Binjovi, seems like you're the man for the job, unless you're not down. I'm thinking in a style similar to your sig, but not stylized/pastel. Needs to work at the smaller res mascots are at, and would need to be full body poses and not truncated/cutoff...

Or not? Just an idea...

About how many different images are we talking about? I've been in a drawing mood lately, and OCR-Tans are always fun to draw.

I'm not opposed to the notion of including the OCR-tans as mascots, and having the mascot project team wiki up some bios to boot.

One problem with that: the OCR-tans don't have any game appearances. That was one of the reasons you shot down the Nice Work guy. :tomatoface:

Not well, it would seem. The forums have been down for a couple weeks now.

Ah, so it's not just me. Good to know.

But yeah, a Tan entry would be pretty out of place in my opinion. The currently in limbo fan game (that's part sprites edits, part original stuff) came along well after the characters were made, and was not the reason behind her creation. Plus, and I mean no disrespect in this, it's a bit presumptuous to line her up next to the likes of Mario, Mai Shiranui, the Metal Slug tank, the R-Type ship, and other iconic/well known video game characters and vehicles.