OCR-Tan

DarkeSword

So browsing around, I saw that ol' controller guitar.

1. Who made it and how much did it cost?

2. Is it just a big hunk of plastic and wood or is it actually a functioning guitar?

3. Who officially owns it? (DJP I assume)

You mean this one?

yays.jpg

I'm pretty certain it's Jill's.

As for the guitar question (too lazy to check who asked it), here's a detailed account: zircon and I found the already silver-bodied guitar for $30 on ebay, plus another $30 for shipping. I ordered silver spray paint from an art store and he and Bahamut helped me paint the neck, headphones, boots, etc during the Philly meetup last month. I knew about BGC's wife's expertise in polymer clay design, so I placed an order for all the custom SNES buttons with her. Once they arrived, Andy and I spray painted a manilla folder, and I used various glasses to trace the different circle sizes for the back of the D and button pads. A little adhesive, and we were good to go. Very pleased with the results, and huge kudos to Amanda for her precision! :D

The ratio of arm to forearm is a little off from typical proportions: it's slightly less than one instead of being greater than one. I don't think that warrants a fix though; that would probably be more effort than it's worth since that arm ratio as it is now doesn't detract too much. Might not have been worth mentioning.

Anyway. A beautiful drawing, like always. Also a literal fan of your 2-tan work.

I believe I know what's throwing people off with the hips.

The character is raising her shoulders, making them scrunch up a bit. This makes her hips seem wider, because the mind is still comparing the shoulders and hips as if the shoulders weren't raised and drawn in a bit with the pose. If she was standing "normally", her shoulders would be lower and wider, and that would make things look differently than they do now proportionally.

• 1 month later...

It suddenly occurred to me that I don't draw enough 2-Tan. I present you with a Valentine's Day image that should help remedy that problem. I love you, OCR~❤

2TanValentines50.png

Click the image above to see a larger version.

Click here for a version of the image with a transparent background. You can also find these images in Doulifée's gallery available in his sig and mine.

• 2 months later...

After browsing through Doulifee's gallery and seeing the sprites of OCR-Tan (which I was possessed to do after having a strange urge to look up OCR-Tan), I feel compelled to make a game featuring her... I think I have the required engine... anyone want to help? Or has this already been attempted? (I know I've read this entire thread before, but that was a while ago). It would be cool, methinks...

Also, hope this doesn't count as a gravedig... :D

After browsing through Doulifee's gallery and seeing the sprites of OCR-Tan (which I was possessed to do after having a strange urge to look up OCR-Tan), I feel compelled to make a game featuring her... I think I have the required engine... anyone want to help? Or has this already been attempted? (I know I've read this entire thread before, but that was a while ago). It would be cool, methinks...

Also, hope this doesn't count as a gravedig... :D

I support this endeavor. If you need help with writing-type stuff, I'd be willing to help.

Okay. I think I found the engine I was thinking of. I'll need music of course. That shouldn't be too hard to find here. I'll need bosses and stuff too. And, does OCR-Tan have a villain or rival? Also, I've got a complete Mega Man X sheet that I can edit to make a complete OCR-Tan sheet.

Also, to the mods, should I start a new topic for this project or should I leave it here?

EDIT: That's where I got the urge. BGC's sig image I'm currently sporting... D'oh!

There's already one in the works.

Actually, it hasn't been in the works for quite some time now. The project just kinda died out, sadly.

I can't make my own game? Awww.... I really wanted to flex my programming muscles too...

Go ahead and give it a shot, I say. What type of game were you planning on doing anyway?

As far as bad guys are concerned, the only real villains that she might possibly have would be things that would hinder/threaten OCR and its mission statement. I think this is where things became difficult for us last time. We tried to come up with 8 different bosses that would represent troubles that OCR has. The one that was most fleshed out was Queue Tortoise, who was able to slow the ReMix queue way down, keeping mixes from being posted at a regular basis. Other problems discussed were forum flamers and trolls, judge haters, and midi rips.

I believe there was an alternate plot that mentioned a music industry big-wig who was trying to get mainstream music to replace the music in video games, which OCR-Tan wasn't going to stand for.

If you can come up with anything else, feel free.

New ideas for characters: YES-kun and NO-kun. Personifications of the decisions the judges render, they are your standard shounen manga BlueOniRedOni pair. YES-kun is the blue one, a beatific, stylish cool customer who appreciates fine art, and NO-kun is the red one, a hot-blooded fellow who destroys submissions with maniacal glee. Both wield oversized gavels, signifying their affiliation with the shadowy Judges Panel.

Obviously, since the only sprites we have of OCR-Tan are X rips, I think that style would work. Thinking about it last night, I figured her weapon would be sonic-based; she shreds massive riffs and the sound is the weapon. The charge shot would, obviously, represent soloing or something.

As for YES-kun and NO-kun... I think I could modify Zero to make NO-kun... and a cool X for YES-kun... that sound good?

Queue Tortoise, who was able to slow the ReMix queue way down, keeping mixes from being posted at a regular basis. Other problems discussed were forum flamers and trolls, judge haters, and midi rips.

Good ideas. Roast Troll could be a boss too (roast obviously referencing flaming), Lawless Renegade (or something for judge haters), Midi Chlorian? lol... now to make a serious attempt... Shredder Midi? Hmmm... we have four now. Any ideas for the other four?

Also, I think the role of Sigma will be played by the music executive. And he's sending out the bosses to stop OCR-Tan before she stops him. That sound good?