OCR-Tan

DarkeSword

The two things that interest me about doing this Megaman style are:

1.)What kind of powers does OCR-tan get from the defeated bosses?

2.)How do these powers work against other bosses/final boss?

I really like the idea of having OCR-tan start out as a basic remix style and her gaining new layers of musical talent as she progresses, but at the same time, should they tie in to way to defeat the other bosses as well? For instance, if we go with The Queue tortoise, obviously his power is going to be something like a slow down attack. What if the power she gets from him is similar to this concept, but applied musically like a beat change or drop?

I had some ideas about how her powers could work if we wanted to go with the music idea, but I'm sure they'll need some balancing.

Queue Tortoise: Time slow (beat change or drop)

Trolling Vulture: Flame out (Shredding metal guitar)

Lawless Hyena: Hater's rage (Not sure)

Midi-rip Chimpanze: Uninspired Copy-Paste (Chiptune Callback)

Plagiarizing Platypus: Power theft (Subtle Tribute)

Baudline Badger: Emergency Expenses (Excellent samples)

What about the other OCR-tans? If 2-tan isn't in there, I will be sad. Heck, the game could even have the rest of the -tans as alternate playable characters if you wanted to go that far.

seriously have the other three in there before you start adding a plethora of them

Schalasaur? Well, now that I see what it's referencing... Good call, Slut! Also, yeah, the other tans should be in here, now that you mention it. But they'd all be the same from a gameplay point of view... The other ones will be allies like YES and NO; they'll give helpful tips and other things once myself or others think of them... ^_^ Good call, all! To sum it up, this is what we have so far:

Allies

1-Tan

2-Tan

3-Tan

YES-kun

NO-kun

Mavericks/Auralmisos

Queue Tortoise

Trolling Vulture

Lawless Hyena

Midi-rip Chimpanzee

Plagiarizing Platypus (idea by Harmonious Dissonance, name by Binjovi)

Baudline Badger

Schalasaurus

Idler Mantis

Villain

Mr. Amgis

Gameplay Style

4-Tan shreds some riffs, the longer the solo, the more the charge shot, and fires sonic waves. As she defeats the bosses, she gains special pedals with various effects, which let her use the power of the bosses she's defeated.

Also, DJ SymBiotiX, I have no life, so this probably won't die out! ^_^

Schalasaur? Well, now that I see what it's referencing... Good call, Slut! Also, yeah, the other tans should be in here, now that you mention it. But they'd all be the same from a gameplay point of view...

well they do have different instruments

1 has drums, 2 has a keyboard, and 3 has a bass

I see... hmmm.... maybe after I finish the core gameplay of 4-Tan. Then I'll add the others.

Let's see... to keep the style, this is what could work for them.

1-Tan gets another drum for that effect.

2-Tan gets a setting for her keyboard.

3-Tan is the same as 4-Tan; special pedals.

I think 1-tan should get sets of sticks. (i.e. brushes, bundles, etc)