*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Endless Mine Endless Party'

orkybash

Here's the URL:

It's a remix of Endless Mine Zone from the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 versus levels. It's called Endless Mine Endless Party.

I'd like it credited to DarkeSword; my email is darkesword@exphyl.com, and my website is http://only.at/darkesword

Thanks orkybash. ^_^

The name sounds very familiar, but I couldn't find it in the judge decision forums. If we've already heard this, then my bad.

Pros:

Horn is played nicely. Beat is actiony. Breaks sound good, not great, good.

Cons:

Lead stays on horn the whole time, dont like that. Variation is your friend. Beat doesnt change much either, gets tedious because it makes the whole song seem like a 20 second loop.

WHOA, put my headphones on, that encoding sounds like mp3 -> wave -> mp3 -> wave -> mp3 -> wave -> mp3 -> wave -> mp3. sounds very ugly, especially that hat. at 128, this should sound way better.

Horn is used as lead and as intro background, dont like that.

too many cons

thus,

NO

oh and btw, I would say NO on the encoding quality alone. Something this badly encoded, even if it were a godly remix should NOT be on this site, period. There is no excuse for that.

-Pro

This really sounds very... GM... to me.

But I suppose I shouldn't judge based on samples used, but I think people should make do with what they have and learn to use it for their advantage.

Anyway, regardless of that, I'm not seeing a whole lot of variety in this song, besides the melody, which is the way it was in the original anyway, so give credit where credit is due. Basically the thing that bugs me the most is the lack of variety in all areas. Organ does the chords, horn does the lead, drum kit does the drumbeat thing, and it never changes. I think you could cut the song in half and still have the same stuff, just not repeated twice. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of repetition myself, but I do like to vary when possible (when isn't it possible?) But this song seems VERY very plain to me. So I'm gonna say:

NO

As for quality, things can always be re-encoded, so I don't really hold that against this song.

DC

On the contrary. I wouldn't find him guilty of sticking too close to the MIDI because the MIDI is a damn near exact interpretation of the original. So he's actually quite faithful to the original tune. Does it prove repetitious in the remix? Possibly, but the adlibs DarkeSword throws in around 1:10 help to break it up a little. That part is in neither the MIDI nor the .gym. Besides, how repetitious can the song be? It's only a 2¼ loop!

The title of the song sets you up for the mood of the song. I'll concede that it does sound similar to the MIDI in terms of those bongos that play in the background, but to listen to all three (.gym, MIDI, ReMix), you can feel the mood evolve from a kind of lighthearted spooky, to a bouncy interpretation of such, to a disco dancing song.

Yet and still, my vote stands but it matters not since I am now in the minority. *Locking thread*

http://www.zophar.net/gym/s3andk.rar (track 47-EndlesMine.gym)