*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Boss Battle Extreme' *FT*

orkybash

No. Here's why: there's practically no variation from the OST. Now, I don't mean that it's exactly like a MIDI rip, but it's not different enough to call it, well, different. The length has something to do with this - one major giveaway that a remixer hasn't put much thought into a remix is if it's exactly the same length as the OST. Listen to other remixes, pick up on 'tricks' they use to add to the song (breaks, instrument changes, key changes, tempo changes, etc.)

Okay, I've heard this from somewhere before.

*** Searches Playlist ***

I have this exact same song, only it has no ID3 or ID3v2 tags, and I've had it for who knows how long. It's file name is Final Fantasy 7 - Boss Battle (Techno Remix).mp3. On a side note, Orkybash says this is the same length as the OST version of the boss battle. I don't know where he got the idea from considering the length of the OST version is 3:31. Though, in Auron's ID3 and ID3v2 tags, he states that this mix is was written in 1998. Final Fantasy 7 was released in mid-late 1997.

Aside from that, there's nothing really new or different introduced here. It's somewhat cool, but that's because the original is somewhat cool, and this sounds quite a bit like the original. The ReMixer could have also done a better job mastering the track. Sounds quite muffled at times - Not sure to what extent he intentionally did this. Also, the mp3 encoding method used is quite sketchy. Lots of artifacts.

Because of my uncertainty of the true origin of this ReMix and the lack of originality in the production...

I vote: NO