Same artist? (Sonic CD and Darkstone)

Bren

I'm sure a good portion of the community here is familiar with Sonic CD and it's famous soundtrack(s), but I wonder how many are familiar with Darkstone, which was a not-very well known early 3D action RPG (essentially labeled as a Diablo clone).

I've just come to realize that the music video at the end of the game performed by the band known as Audren (who seems to have very little traces on the web) sounds remarkably similar to Sonic Boom and the version from the end credits. It may just be coincidence, but the evidence I see here is that both songs were recorded specifically for video games from roughly the same time period. Also, the guitar riffs are remarkably similar, and the woman singing "The Darkstone Will Shine" does also sound similar enough to the vocals of "Sonic Boom" although the style of singing was quite different...I believe it's close.

Any other thoughts or input?

Darkstone was a pretty sweet game.

Glat to see someone else who's played it. I'm at work right now (no sound) but I'll relisten to those soundtracks (as I played both Darkstone and Sonic CD growing up) and see what I can make of them.

"We're starving! Please recover the horn of plenty!"

"Deliver the Path Book"

"Find the holy grail!"

Also, ever try dropping gold in the villiage musician's collection?

Darkstone was interesting in that only the female mages (Sorceresses) could transform into werewolves. Crazy game, I tell you.

I played an assassin, who used that land mine spell, as a nuke. Just plant it RIGHT UNDER THE ENEMY and it instantly explodes, one of the best nukes in the game -- Any class could do anything, but your stats were capped at different points, and all gear / spells / etc had required stats, so assassins being nukers is nothing unusual in darkstone.

Also, randomly generated dungeons for the win.

Finally, the game's villian was named "Draak" -- Awesome.

Look here. See those graphics on the bottom? Looks like they could easily be adapted to be OCR avatars!