Computer problem: Virus Protect Pro 3.5 Virus.

jordex

I managed to somehow get a trojan which creates popups telling you that you have virus and that you need to buy Virus Protect Pro 3.5.

virusprotectpro.gif

It's obviously a virus and a scam and I don't know how to get rid of it. I tried 2 different anti-spyware prgrams (Spyhunter, and AVG anti-spyware)

Spyhunter found the trojan files and deleted them but they just keep coming back.

Doesss anyone know how to rid of this stupid virus once and for all? Any help is much appreciated.

omfg... I'm sorry to say this but you may need to reformat or something. This happened with 2 of my computers. First my parents computer (which was old and running slow anyways) and nomatter what I did to it, they would just never go away. So I reformatted and now its fine.

Same with one of my laptops, I ran diagnostic after diagnostic, and search after search, and I havent been able to find anything to kill it. So sorry bro, I'm not sure what you can do. I couldnt figure out what to do. (though technically I didnt research it or anything, I just reformat stuff lol)

I had this same problem a while back. Really annoying. I did a google search of "Virus Protect Pro" and from there was able to figure out what it was and how to rid myself of it.

However, there's a strange after-effect, it seems. My internet is really slow, regardless of what browser I use. It chokes and stalls an awful lot now. So, would this be part of a virus problem, malware, etc, and is there a way I could root out and get rid of this problem? I've tried lots of different programs for removing malware, viruses, registry cleaning etc, but the problem remains.

thankss thanks guys! I've tried a few anti spyware/virus programs and stopped most of the pop-ups i was getting. the only thing thats still there is the little shield that flashes in the bottom right corner

i'll try the spybot seach and destroy and then hijack this. I know spybot's helped me before

I'm hoping I won't have to resort to reformatting my computer.

THanks!

That sounds quite bad. The above users are correct- Spybot S&D is a good way to go. Make sure System Restore is off (You can do so under the "Properties" menu of "My Computer") and that you're running in Safe Mode (Usually, jam the F8 key at startup until a menu comes up.)

More than likely, this won't be an easy task to correct. I've had my bouts with persistent spyware as well. It took me booting a miniturized Windows XP OS (A program my uncle provided me with - called Bart PE, and built with PE Builder) off of a CD to kill it off.

If worse comes to worse, you can always google the name of the virus. I believe there are several antivirus manufacturing companies that keep libraries of different virii and their effects. If it turns out to be too deep an infection, reformatting really is the only way to go, but it's a last resort move.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and if you need any more help, I'll try and do what I can. Good luck, you'll need it.