Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Kiyosuki

Im listening to the MGS4 OST... 47 tracks. It's just great! But the titles are actual spoilers!! Can't wait for the game...10 days waiting is just too long!

... I've stayed away from the track listing and the songs. Thanks for letting me know. I need to stay away just for another week and a half. Hah. ^_^

OH, and also June 1st, a new (and possibly final) Kojima Report podcast from Ryan Payton. It's on the hideo blog page. It's 77 minutes long to make up for the 2 month hiatus. :)

http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/2008/05/000156.html#comment

I am so psyched. This is the most excited I've been for a game in a reeeeally long time.

... I've stayed away from the track listing and the songs. Thanks for letting me know. I need to stay away just for another week and a half. Hah. ^_^

OH, and also June 1st, a new (and possibly final) Kojima Report podcast from Ryan Payton. It's on the hideo blog page. It's 77 minutes long to make up for the 2 month hiatus. :)

http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/2008/05/000156.html#comment

I am so psyched. This is the most excited I've been for a game in a reeeeally long time.

Well, you were mentally stronger than me in that case, I couldn't take it anymore, I needed something from MGS4 :P

Reaaal spoiler, I know the boss order now...bouh!....and something....veeeery intriguing.

Same with me, fist time I'm so psyched for a game since MGS3:Snake Eater

Man, more spoiler filled videos are showing up. I might have to do a 9 day fast of the internet. haha.

but no worries. We need to get everyone together once it's out and play some MGO together. The beta was a blast. :) ... of course... only after we've all finished MGS4. lol.

EDIT: BY THE WAY, the player's guide comes out on June 4th, and will be available at stores! So if you're avoiding spoilers like me you'll probably want to be cautious on the internet. Just saying. They will know the entire game tomorrow... careful.

also just found out the gamestop I pre-ordered at is having a midnight launch (yay!). 8 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes, and 10 seconds left!

Famitsu just gave MGS4 a 40/40, making it the eighth game to get a perfect score from them.

And with 8 reviews so far, has a meta score of 95. I'm really excited for this game, but while I have it reserved, I don't think I'll actually pick up a PS3 until after the Seattle to Portland (and I already have too many games to fill what little spare time I have at the moment). Damn priorities :P.

I want to play MGS3 again before MGS4 comes out but I don't know how to make it more interesting/challenging... last thing I did was complete the game on Extreme wearing only the tuxedo (meaning absolutely NO CQC).

Have you played MGS Portable Ops on PSP? I just loved it!

Well, its not the end of the world ^_^, but in that case you should check out the story or the cutscenes (perhaps you've already done this). They're very good and a perfect continuation of Big Boss's story.

By the way, everyone should check out "Metal Gear Retrospective" on Gametrailers.com

There are 4 parts until now, around 25 min each and summarises the whole Metal Gear Saga starting with the MSX.

Extremely well done!

My coffee is cold.

Well, its not the end of the world ^_^, but in that case you should check out the story or the cutscenes (perhaps you've already done this). They're very good and a perfect continuation of Big Boss's story.

By the way, everyone should check out "Metal Gear Retrospective" on Gametrailers.com

There are 4 parts until now, around 25 min each and summarises the whole Metal Gear Saga starting with the MSX.

Extremely well done!

My coffee is cold.

Yea I've been watching them. I've played MGS1-3 at least 5 times each... maybe more. Would love to play Portable Ops someday.

lol. Portable Ops was good fun. It's always nice to know more of Big Boss's motivation in founding Outer Heaven... He really gets screwed over by a lot of people and has to witness some pretty crappy situations. That and Null is bad ass. You gotta love Gray Fox. And Gene's music at the end of the game is really cool.

*minor spoiler for Portable Ops*

I love how the psychic girl that dies in PO forsees the events of the other games. One son will bring the world to ruin and the other will save it. I wonder how that will translate over to MGS4... exciting.

*end of spoiler*

Haha, but I always thought it was funny that Portable Ops was like Pokemon with human beings, except instead of throwing pokeballs to catch someone, you drag them to a truck where you brainwash them into fighting for you. Gotta catch 'em all. haha.

one week to go guys!

Warning: Spoilers have begun spreading like wildfire. Places like 4chan and so forth are posting gigantic spoilers (not that it's surprising or anything). So be careful until launch time, kids.

I made the mistake of stopping by the GameFAQ forums just to see what was going on (I shouldn't even be there in the first place, that place is insane). And people were throwing spoilers around left and right. Fortunately I avoided them. I just about jumped out of my chair turned a flip to avoid it. *whew*

Disaster Averted.

I'm thinking when I go to wait in line next wednesday night for the midnight launch, I will wear some headphones for the duration of the line so that any annoying people wanting to spoil things might (hopefully) be drowned out.

... hopefully...

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm sure some of you read that Kotaku post that Ryan Payton sent in. Something about releasing a surprise alongside the Metal Gear Solid 4 launch. Everyone is speculating that it's some kind of downloadable content. Any guesses?

I made the mistake of stopping by the GameFAQ forums just to see what was going on (I shouldn't even be there in the first place, that place is insane). And people were throwing spoilers around left and right. Fortunately I avoided them. I just about jumped out of my chair turned a flip to avoid it. *whew*

Disaster Averted.

I'm thinking when I go to wait in line next wednesday night for the midnight launch, I will wear some headphones for the duration of the line so that any annoying people wanting to spoil things might (hopefully) be drowned out.

... hopefully...

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm sure some of you read that Kotaku post that Ryan Payton sent in. Something about releasing a surprise alongside the Metal Gear Solid 4 launch. Everyone is speculating that it's some kind of downloadable content. Any guesses?

Considering that it's something that pirates can't get their hands on unless they buy the game, I can't really imagine it to be something digital. Downloadable content could be possible if they just snuck in some code or something in each box. I hope it's good a free sneaking suit or something.

Some idiot at Wal Mart broke street date four days in advance. Beware of even more spoilers.

That's messed up! 4 days in advance?? WTF! Basically, we shouldnt even check VG websites and forums anymore, spoilers will be spread everywhere and people will just copy paste from one forum to another. :(

On the other hand... some lucky bastards are already playing the game...if not finished it already. I think I'll be spending my next few days on World of Warcraft until I get MGS4 ^^

Some idiot at Wal Mart broke street date four days in advance. Beware of even more spoilers.

Damn it. I might have to stay off of the internet for a few days at this rate. Spoilers...(to quote Peppy) "They're everywhere!"

Kotaku is even posting them rather prominently now too. I'm doing my best to avoid them, and luckily haven't spoiled anything (save the information in the main trailers), so I think I'll be okay. Just gotta make it for 3 more days (less than that actually!).

Crud! We were so close to Venom.

2 Days, 22 hours, 58 minutes, and 45 seconds til I get my hands on this game.