Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Kiyosuki

I looked, but it didn't give me any options. I'll look again.

Also, I'm the biggest noob in the world with the ps3. Can anyone give me details on charging the controler?

You can, but to me, pressing up to look up, left to look left, etc. all makes the most logical sense to me. It shouldn't take too long to get used to it.

Also, to clarify Seph's statement, plug it into the USB port since the PS3 doesn't have controller ports per say.

I find it's the opposite, but that comes from years of playing years of airplane/starfighter games. So to me, if there's a stick that controls the pitch of something like a camera, I go inverted just so I don't mess it up.

I don't own a PS3 myself, but I've played a bit of this game on my friend's and it's a lot of fun. I've only beaten Part One thus far. Unlike a lot of JRPGs I've played recently at least the frequent cutscenes are relevant to the main story and aren't generally useless fluff. That was a plus, and I like messing around with the soldiers who see you as allies.

Going through the tunnel in the cardboard box with all the guys was a trip, because they'd always kick the box off of me and go "Oh, it's YOU." I lawled.

Right, but does the ps3 have to be on to charge? Does it stop charging automatically when it's done? Should I make sure the first charge is a full charge? Things like that.

Thanks

It never seems to charge when I have my PS3 off. It will stop when it's done, and you don't have to leave it in for a full charge, but it doesn't take very long so you might as well. The manual recommends giving any controller a full charge at least once a year. Personally, I have three, so I just rotate them mostly. Once one is in need of a charge, the other is ready.

• 1 month later...

Two things. First, nanomachines? Why does absolutely everything in this game have to revolve around nanomachines? Couldn't they have picked a better plot device? Whatever, even with using this they still did an awesome job.

But the biggest thing that has been bothering me is: How did Liquid get so many forces? I remember Otacon saying before act IV: The U.S. military is in shambles. And even if it wasn't, Liquid has enough men and machines to match it.

Two things. First, nanomachines? Why does absolutely everything in this game have to revolve around nanomachines? Couldn't they have picked a better plot device? Whatever, even with using this they still did an awesome job.

But the biggest thing that has been bothering me is: How did Liquid get so many forces? I remember Otacon saying before act IV: The U.S. military is in shambles. And even if it wasn't, Liquid has enough men and machines to match it.

I too thought that nonomacines got a lot of love from MGS4. I mean in the first 2, you knew they were there, but it wasn't a really big deal. I think almost every plot twist in MGS4 had something to with SOP/nanomacines, but I thought it was good anyway. I'm definitely gonna miss the series.

I don't really have a definitive answer as to how Ocelot has so large a military, but if I had to guess, I'd bet he always had it up his sleeve. You remember all those phone calls at the end of the other games? This dude has some serious connections! Maybe I missed the explanation in the game. If so, enlighten me.

I was a bit pissed off about the nanomachines as explanation for everything as well, but my friend, who is the biggest MGS nerd you'll ever meet, explained it to me like this. If you call Otacon during the first fight with the Gekkos, he talks about how they stick to walls and how once technology gets advanced to a certain point, it might as well just be magic. Under that logic, does it really matter whether Vamp can't die because he is one of the undead or because of nanos? Maybe Kojima had nanos for everything to get that across.

Liquid has all those forces because he leads the five biggest PMC's in the world, funded by the economic machine the Patriots had created.

Agreed regarding the nanos... but it's Kojima, so he could feed me a game full of tripe and I'd still eat it all up and love it.

Well maybe not, but I'd have an easier time accepting it.

I bought MGS4 without actually even owning the system. I ended up playing it on my friends ps3, who later ended up buying it as well. I was very impressed.

Here's to hoping for a new Metal Gear game!

Agreed regarding the nanos... but it's Kojima, so he could feed me a game full of tripe and I'd still eat it all up and love it.

Well maybe not, but I'd have an easier time accepting it.

I bought MGS4 without actually even owning the system. I ended up playing it on my friends ps3, who later ended up buying it as well. I was very impressed.

Here's to hoping for a new Metal Gear game!

Personally, I find that tripe can be quite delicious when prepared correctly, and sometimes when eating a hot pot in the floating star restraunt of aberdine in hong kong its my favorite thing ever, although the chinese say it makes girls pretty and guys ugly. However, I find the idea of controllable nanomachines absolutely terrifying because of the implications it could have for our society.

Personally, I find that tripe can be quite delicious when prepared correctly, and sometimes when eating a hot pot in the floating star restraunt of aberdine in hong kong its my favorite thing ever, although the chinese say it makes girls pretty and guys ugly. However, I find the idea of controllable nanomachines absolutely terrifying because of the implications it could have for our society.

Supposing that WAS the case, wouldn't simple exposure to an EM Pulse kill them all and rid you of the influence?

Supposing that WAS the case, wouldn't simple exposure to an EM Pulse kill them all and rid you of the influence?

oh no. my enjoyment of tripe goes too deep for a simple emp. why, itd take a bad case of botulsm to rewire me... as for the nanomachines im sure you could protect them from an emp thriugh some new future wierd technology. maybe lining them with cow tripe?

I finally beat this tonight for the first time and was a little disappointed. I thought all the parts with Raiden were the best and his story was actually more interesting this time around. It could be because he's not a feeble old man though.

I have to say 'blah' on the MGS5 news. So basically Kojima has been lying to us. AGAIN.

Also, Kojima constantly and ignorantly saying MGS4 isn't possible on the 360 is annoying too. Because every other f'n port never worked on 360 just as well, m i rite.

Didn't you hear the sony E3 press conference? They said that MGS4 isn't only exclusive for the ps3. It's also only possible on the ps3 and only in part because of bluray. Plus you would need 12 disks.

mgs4xbox360oj1.png

link to this news please

http://kotaku.com/5041760/ryan-payton-has-left-kojima-productions-mentions-mgs5

Of course, it might mean Kojima might not be making it, but MGS5? Sounds like some sort of a continuation.

Also, if you can't tell, it is still in the speculation stage. I still hope any new Metal Gear game won't be a "Solid" tale, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I've played through the game 3 times now, achieved the FOX rank, which was pretty satisfying. More satisfying was using Stealth, Bandana and other goodies to doss around on a third play through, explore all the maps fully. Big Boss rank seems ridiculously punishing, so not sure if I'm going to bother going for that.

Loved the story, tied up the loose ends convincingly, not much of it seemed made up at the last moment to me, as I had expected for the whole Patriots plot line. Not going into details, but the full extent of the story tie ins to MGS3 (my favourite in the series) were shocking-not in a bad way, but more than a few jaw hits the floor sort of moments lol.

Enjoy MGO a fair bit, I was dubious at first, but am pretty into it now.

My character name is Luketh (but am on the EU servers, so don't bother looking for me if you're on the US ones). Someone above said something about a clan for MGO-do you guys actually have one?

On the issue of 360/PC porting for MGS4, this link seems relevant http://kotaku.com/5042205/kojima-to-world-+-stop-asking-about-mgs4-on-xbox-360

To be honest, I don't really care what console the games for as long as it doesn't suffer for it and I don't think MGS4 does. Would rather see new games from Kojima than time spent on porting MGS4. A next gen Zone of the Enders could be pretty epic.

Maybe Kojima can realize that his team can do the porting without him. Kojima can be a bit silly sometimes.... or was that total stupidity on his part? That seems to happen on occasion with him.

But anyway, I do agree it should be interesting for him to do anything aside from MGS. I actually want Kojima not to be involved in future MGS games anymore. Enough of his whimsical silliness. I think we had enough of it for a decade.

I have to say 'blah' on the MGS5 news. So basically Kojima has been lying to us. AGAIN.

Also, Kojima constantly and ignorantly saying MGS4 isn't possible on the 360 is annoying too. Because every other f'n port never worked on 360 just as well, m i rite.

Uhmmm, most ports work on the wii and ds as well, it doesnt mean they've all got the same capabilities m i rite? Also, Kojima said this is the end of snakes story, not the Metal Gear franchise. He retracted his no more metal gear statement a long time ago.