WIP EarthBound Hero's Growth

Solatrus

Title: Hero's Growth

Songs: You Gained A Level!, The Eight Melodies, Welcome Home

Game: EarthBound

Link: http://www.solatrus.com/mp3s/earthbound.mp3

It's getting there. I'm debating between a few things to do with it, but let's hear some input. :-)

Edit: I just realized this was my first post with this name... I have registered at OC ReMix before, but I stopped posting and forgot my password... yeah.

Update and to do list:

Changed:

First Beat Rhythm

First Bass Rhythm (slight change)

EQ on first melody synth

To Do:

More "substance" behind the melodies

New Second Melody Bass?

New Second Beat

Better Ending Transition

Overall Mastering

I've listened to this song almost every time I come on this forum, and I still can't place my finger on what it is that it needs. A suggestion would be to tone down the lower frequencies on the Sound Stone melody instrument you've got in there, it gets a tad muddy, but I really don't know what else to suggest. Someone else who knows better than I could probably give you much better advice. Awesome job so far though, I'm really liking this.

Only thing I really notice is that through almost the whole song...it lacks substance. With the drumbeat fast paced like that, you'd expect there to be more fast-paced melodies and counter-melodies. It's just that you have the drums in normal time and the melody and everything else in half time and it just doesn't sound right.

Only thing I really notice is that through almost the whole song...it lacks substance. With the drumbeat fast paced like that, you'd expect there to be more fast-paced melodies and counter-melodies. It's just that you have the drums in normal time and the melody and everything else in half time and it just doesn't sound right.

I'll agree with you about that, at least with the second melody. I like the way the first melody sounds with the beat (at least with the changes I've made..) There isn't enough going on with the second melody, and I've been fooling with a few different things to do.

We'll see what happens.

Edit: Yeah... I take back what I said on the first melody. Some faster counter melodies sound really good in there. Thanks for the tip.