Doom 95 Theme remix (title: The Fear of Hell)

Demahl

I created this track using Guitar Pro 5. I originally used this program merely to tab out the customized version of the song but I liked the track so much i mp3'd it.

I started the track with the stand alone main theme then brought it in heavier before pushing to the main rhythm of the song using the first level theme. I added a drum line to each bar to give it more strength. The first drum section was made for strength and then i moved on to the second section with a lighter yet more driving drum line to keep the beat of the track going. I laid off using any drum lines for the short solos after each section to highlight the notes. At the end i used the main rhythm of the track as a backing track for the main and final solo of the track. For this solo i sampled the finale to Ozzy Osbourne's Bark At The Moon. I redefined the solo by tweaking the sound to fit in with overall track.

I would love to here your opinions of this track as it is my first and like to know of any improvements that can be made. I am considering adding a baseline to add depth.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE1SFN1Z

Thanks.

This is your first serious attempt in creating a "remix"? I like to call them re-interpretations or re-creations. But anyway, I think there's a lot that can be improved. Just compare your mix with a rock band. Your drums are so much in the background you can't make it out. I think you should have some slow parts like the beginning, maybe going into an ambient slow part with the doom melodies to sound like heavy metal. You have to find a way to make it more emotiona. Maybe you could also try adding a second guitar to support the firs one, maybe playing an octave higher at some points. Also, what about some power chords?