OCR00784 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Seaside Lullaby (Wind Fish Ballade)"

orkybash

I don't want the Ocarina to have any vibrato. I wanted an exact copy of the game theme to begin and end with.

The idea behind it being something to the tune of starting with the game, taking it to a new level through the middle, and then returning to the game. I found it a bit more colorful, in this mix, to use the actual game theme because it gives you the starting point, the origin...

I'll make a note next time, thanks ;)

Yeah...my man Hermit lays down a nice solid peaceful remix. Not anything too innovative or original, but some great relaxing music here. Call me a crazy bastard, but I actually liked that ocarina the way it is...it sounds...like the original, and it sounds kind of odd but enjoyable (but then I like stuff like that). Overall, good quality, good arrangement, not much else I have to say here. You're off to a good OCRemix start, Hermit...

Congrats, Hermit. I downloaded this before it made it to OCR, and I liked it then. I just might download it again, for the heck of it. :)

Soothing, pleasant, inspiring. However, whenever I listen to it, I can't get those little dancing Michael Jacksons in your sig out of my head...

This. Music. Kicks. Bum. It is hands down the best Zelada remix ever. Back when I had the ORIGINAL Links Awakening, I would listen to this song on the game whenever i could. But this version beats the original HANDS DOWN!!! If you only download one remix a year- make it this one. Theres only one problem- it does get kinds repetitive... still good though!! :):D:)

• 2 months later...

This is an excellent shill out music, nice and subtle, it goes very well when your knackered, and to be honest i don't think the ocarina needed any vibrato. Oh yeah, and for those of you with 4 or more speakers you have to listen to it in surround, it's awesome, it increases the lovely treble in this song, and drowns out most of the wave loop, except for the end of it, adding to its effect and sounding more realistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly the greatest, and most neglected of all Zelda songs...

This mix is simply everything I had always hoped a mix of this song would be like. There is absolutely nothing I would change, except perhaps Nintendo's policy on not accepting third-party music submissions...(goes into fanboy mode)...imagine, if you would, a next-gen (I won't say Cube, so as to keep it current for years to come) sequel to Link's Awakening, done ala Ocarina of Time...I have so many ideas for such a game that to list them all would not only piss people off for having to read them, but depress me even more when I realize that realistically, such a game will never happen.

Epic, bold, beautiful, soft, depressing...such is this mix.

• 1 month later...

This is hands down the best remix I have ever heard. Link's Awakening was one of my earliest games ever, my first Zelda game, so that little bit at the beginning with the in-game Ocarina is probably the ebst thing possible to hook me on the mix ;) It's makes me feel very nostalgic... Of course, it won't have quite the same effect on most people...

As for the rest of the song... beautifully done.

• 3 weeks later...

When I've seen Ballad of Windfish remixed other times, it loses a LOT in the translation. Hermit though keeps the slow paced spirit and delivers the song wonderfully. The song takes a little while to get going and really does fall apart at the end. I don't care if it's supposed to sound neat... really dude you updated everything else beautifully, why not make the intro more majestic and screw that piss poor ending? I'd give it a much higher rating if you had. 4/8

• 3 weeks later...

...this mix delivers on all fronts. It comes and goes like a dream, which realy helps it out since Link's Awakening was one big dream. Wonderfully orchestrated, it adds alot of imagination to the original, given that the gameboy didn't have the highest quality of sound. This is probably the best non-techno song on the site (at least of all of the songs I've heard). I strongly reomend this to anyone who's ever played this game, and to anyone who appreciates good music...

• 5 months later...

A truly beautiful piece. I love the waves, it makes the remix all the more soothing. Definitely recommended, especially if you need some relaxation time.

For some reason, it reminds me of a beach, only very foggy and misty, and it's about 6:00 in the morning, no one else around but you.

That's just me though.

Hermit! Remix more, now! :wink:

• 1 month later...

Lullaby is right. this thing nearly put me to sleep. Not because it was to slow, but because Hermit did such a good job of making this sound like a lullaby. Waves were a very nice touch. This remix isnt perfect but a great one nontheless. Now if youll excuse me (yawns) im going to take a nap

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm surprised I haven't posted a review to this. Let me just say.. that this song makes me cry. It really does. I adore link's awakening, and Marin's character even more than the game. Whenever I beat it I cry, and when I downloaded this song I did so! It has inspired me to do a lot of things, namely artwork... and I shall post some of my pieces when they are completed.

Please write some more songs like this... I can't get enough of this remix, it speaks volumes about the tragic story of Link's Awakening and Marin.

• 1 month later...

I love this song. I listen to it every night. It is such a sad song in the way that if you have played the game you just can't help but feel sorry for link. He and marin were such good freinds and it turns out she was just a dream. I loved the orginal gameboy version of the song and this one just touched me. It is a wonderful song, the waves add a nice touch as well. Hats off to you in making this song.

• 1 month later...

I hate to be the only person who doesn't have something good to say about this mix, but..

It just doesn't do it for me. From the changed chords and notes sounding awkward in a few parts, to the altered timing-- I can't help but not really like it. It's relaxing, I'll give it that. But it would have gotten a 'no' from me, had I been a judge.

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00784 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Seaside Lullaby (Wind Fish Ballade)"