Max Man from Streets Of Rage 2

Originally produced for Streets Of Rage Remake this remix is my version of what i thought Max Man should should like.

I never liked the original version in Streets Of Rage 2, although i know many people who think it's one of the best tracks on the entire Sor2 soundtrack.

That in itself provided me with a challenge, to take a song i don't like and make it into something that i would enjoy listening to.

I gave the track a high energy feeling, much like the original but in my own style which i think works pretty well overall.

I've uploaded this here in OC so any fans of the Sor series can listen to the it. but I won't be improving it any more as the original version i did is nearly a year old now and i've since moved onto better software than i what i originally did this remix on. i revisited the track just to make it sound cleaner and less muddy than before, it's not perfect by any means. but it's the best i could do with what i had.

Maybe in the future i'll start again and do a more polished mix but i want to concentrate on doing some original material for now.

anyway here it is.

Max Man

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2878915f9cb707/

Nice choise of synths and percussion. I really like the 1:05 synths, nice modulation.

At 1:45 the synth that comes in lacks character though. I would suggest remixing the melody a little or add some modulation. Also at 2:38.

I can tell you work hard on the percussion. It really blends well into the song with the synths and the samples sound "together" as in usually no sample sticks out in the mix and I like the percussion modulation. One thing I'd look at is the clap at 1:04 and 1:44 that goes into 1/32 beat. I would say it sticks out and you might want to replace it with a snyth snare or add some frequency modulation or add some syncopation.

Anyway, I'm not the authority, so here's my advice. One thing I encourage is that you post what you are working with in terms of synths or samples (if from a big library or something) and sequencer as a courtesy for noobs and as a way to open up opportunities for collaborative projects and help people identify what you are using so they can make suggestions of what would be better or explain how to use what you already have in a way you haven't thought of.

Thanks for your comments and for the advice.

After years of messing around with various grooveboxes, synths and drum machines and other software like Reason, Ableton Live i've moved onto FL7 (last month) as i believe it's the best way to take my skills to the next level.

Many of my favourite remixers on OCR (who i have the greatest respect for) use FL and when used to it's full potential, some really amazing music can be produced, the quality of final mixes is astounding.

I used to prefer Reason, but after hearing the Under Logic remix "Above Reason" by Tefnek and Zircon and a comment mentioning something about how they both prefered FL to Reason i decided to move on and continue my quest to become a music god.... well a respected remixer