Legend of Zelda - Lullaby w/Lyrics

Oubliette

I didn't know whether to put this as a request or where to put it... but I've had that Zelda lullaby (I think that's what it's called - anyway, second most popular Zelda tune at any rate) tune stuck in my head, and I sat down writing some lyrics to go with the music, since it is a pretty ditty. However, I am musically inept.... and cheap... so I was wondering if anyone would like to take on doing a vocal remix using my lyrics, because I just can't do it.

I know it's asking a LOT... and may be in the wrong thread. If so, please redirect me.

Here are the lyrics (minus the second and last stanza - I have the full version on my laptop which is not with me at present). I also have a crappy lil' recording of how the words fit into the tune, but I am NOT posting it here for everyone's safety. I can't sing well, and my mic is for the birds. It's sort of like a rough draft of how the words fit into the melody. Of course it would utlimately be up to any kind remixer(s) that would take on this endeavor to interpet how they think it should go.

So e-mail me ( oubliette.jo@gmail.com ) if you're interested, and I'll send you the rest... and um... if you want to hear my interpretation (if you have a high pain tolerance) I can send the file over to you.

Rest your ears

Dear

Rest your heart

None can harm you

While in my arms

Close your eyes

And realize

The sun will always rise

I'm always near you

Banishing fears you

Whisper into my ears

Night's but a passageway

Into a brand-new day

There's no need for tears

- Shying in the corner, ♠ Oubliette ♠

Well, it's just got such a tune that it SHOULD have lyrics, you know?

I kind of like how you slowed down or space out at the words at the end. It really gives it the lullaby feel. Nice and simple lyrics to go with the tune. Lullabies don't need to be complicated pieces of work, which is what is nice about them.

It does have a difficult range, which is why it would be torture for anyone to have to listen to my attempts.

But... since you were brave enough to post yours, I'll post my audial 'sketch' as I like to refer to it as. It isn't there for talent, it's there for demonstration because describing which syllable goes with which note... I don't know how to do that!

But just brace yourselves!

http://demipage.homestead.com/files/zel_lul.mp3

• 4 weeks later...