OCR00787 - Mega Man 4 "Shades of Blue"

orkybash

Well, I've had this song a while, wow, since May or June or something like that I think (Zac put it on VGMix, and I got it from there), and it's still one that I'll hunt down in my playlist. I really like the smooth easy feeling it gives. Somewhat like Lounge Lemmings by Mazedude. I like it, and look forward to more.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

When I heard the beginning, I knew this was going to be good. It turned out that I was right. Very cool bass to open this up, I can't really describe the music style, I just mostly knows genres like Jazz or Blues, but this sounds more different. The strings and the guitar gives me the impression that I'm 30 feet under the sea, a very nice effect considering this is an arrangment of Diveman's theme.

I like the flute and the piano that later shows up from the depths of this remix. Gives it a smooth touch to it, but the bass and drums are still left playing behind them. The remix is only 1:59 long, but since the end contains the instruments that opened this piece, you doesn´t realy realize that the track has looped. It runs on very smoothly, and can be listened on several times. Groovy stuff from Psychrophyte, why don't ya give it a listen?

• 1 year later...

Short and to the point. The sustained strings have a very chilling effect, and really do make you feel submerged. The bass and drums are pretty good, but the piano and flute are a little too mechanical and exposed for my tastes. The guitar is similarly mechanical, but it's used sparingly and thus it's a little easier to handle. Overall pretty cool, but pretty obvious that it is an earlier OCR work.

• 7 months later...

I hadn't heard this tune before, and I highly approve of it -- it's a very good Diveman mix. The production isn't the quality that the panel started demanding after the first thousand, but it sits very well with me anyway.

And it does sound underwater at times, reminding me of Super Mario Galaxy (of course the game's effect is obviously better) swimming underwater listening to the music on the surface.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sounds aren't great, but that doesn't bother me too much. Bass works nicely, like the drive of it. Flute is a good choice for lead, though I wish a little more had happened with it. Overall, the mix is a little short for me, I would have liked a little more development.

Cute little mix worth a listen here and there.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh wow. This actually reminds me of the old Pink Panther cartoons in more ways than one, lol. Especially that cool, slick, debonair attitude of PP himself. Very Henry Mancini but with a slightly darker [that is bluer] and more experimental edge to it. Even though this is probably dated, it's still an interesting listen. Just why is it so short though!? >.<

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00787 - Mega Man 4 "Shades of Blue"