Lost Woods Rock

superjoe30

Not too bad. Variation is good in certain doses, but there's a bit too much variation throughout the song. It gets to be grating by the end. I'd take a bit of variation away from the lead and add some more to the drums during the more upbeat parts, if only to make the song as a whole a bit more memorable. Right now so many things are happening all at once it's hard to latch onto something specific to remember. This might also benefit from a little electric guitar here and there, but that's more of a personal preference than an actual suggestion...

Would you mind uploading to a site that actually makes sense?

I want to listen, but the file just doesn't work for me.

My bad, I just typed "MP3 hosting" and hit I'm feeling lucky.

I tried the tindeck one 3 times but each time the upload script failed.

Here, I just stuck it on my home web server. Only 12 KBps download but better than jumping through hoops.

http://superjoe.hopto.org/temp/LostWoodsRock.mp3

All throughout, I kept thinking that my biggest problem was that it was a mundane and repetitive, and I needed to do whatever I could to spice it up.

Too much variation tends to make it all sound the same. The average listener ends up having to pay so much attention to the movement of the music that the subtleties that differentiate each instrument and section are often lost. Variation of the movement of each section is just as important as variation to keep the sections themselves interesting.

Ah, I think I remember the earlier version of this.

I agree with everything everyone else said except for the variation issue. I don't understand how paying "too much" attention to a song can be a bad thing. Still, I'm not exactly the most experienced remixer commenting here, so...

But I do love the arrangement. It reminds me of part of my own Lost Woods remix. Different from the usual. Thumbs up on that.

I don't understand how paying "too much" attention to a song can be a bad thing.

It's not that too much attention is being paid to the song, but that the variation ends up becoming so overwhelming that the actual song belying all the constant moving parts is sacrificed. If there was less going on I could probably remember certain sections of this, but because there's so much going on constantly...not so much.