Remixes of video game movies?

1337 1

I was playing around with some songs one day when a random idea hit me. STACKS of games have their own movie/s and/or TV series (Final Fantasy, Dead or Alive, Street Fighter etc). They often have similar music, or completely different, music to the games they get their name from.

Are remixes of video game movie songs allowed? If not, should we allow them?

i believe your solution lies here:

http://www.animeremix.org/

also i forgot to mention that submissions here have to MOSTLY be based on music from a game. there have been submissions in the past that had parts of other popular songs in them, which is ok...however the majority of it needs to be based on the game music.

Yeah, I know, but there have been other non-anime series/movies. Ever heard of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children? That is a prime example of what I'm talking about. The music in that was part originals, part remixes of music from the game. If someone wanted to remix one of the songs from that movie, they aren't going to send it to animeremix, because FFVII:AC isn't an anime. Its an integral part of the game universe. If I was looking for a remix for AC, I'd look here first, not animeremix.

I was playing around with some songs one day when a random idea hit me. STACKS of games have their own movie/s and/or TV series (Final Fantasy, Dead or Alive, Street Fighter etc). They often have similar music, or completely different, music to the games they get their name from.

Are remixes of video game movie songs allowed? If not, should we allow them?

No, and no. This is a video game remix site and it'd dedicated to honoring music from video games, not from derivative media.

I remember reading that Video Games based on movies are allowed to be remixed ONLY if the game itself has its own original soundtrack. So for example, goldeneye was permitted because of its soundtrack.

no no, you've got it backwards, OP had asked about remixes of music from the movies itself.

also to op: did you even go to animeremix? if you had you would've discovered it's not just anime to be remixed. read around there.