OverClocked ReMix Mission

djpretzel

I have modified our mission statement; for one, I've renamed it to simply "Mission" as that's obvious enough and feels less corporate to me. More significantly, I've reworded for clarity and simplicity, and included a new aspect that emphasizes ReMixer development and assistance breaking into the industry. The old mission felt a little too wordy and specific, and also wouldn't have translated into other languages as effectively, which we're looking at doing for most of our important documents.

http://www.ocremix.org/info/Mission

You can view the new and old versions side-by-side here:

http://www.ocremix.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mission&diff=1804&oldid=1802

I know mission statements can often be seen as cheesy or whatever, but I take ours pretty seriously, and as the site grows it was definitely time to revise it for both scope and transparency.

The previous version sounds more like a manifesto; spelling everything out. I don't know... I feel it's sometimes good to be specific, but I guess it's all summed up in the main website heading anyway:

"This website is dedicated to arranging video and computer game music. Our mission is to prove that this music is not disposable or merely background, but is as intricate, innovative, and lasting as any other form."

So the edits get a :nicework: from me.

I can translate it to French.

Here is my translation of the mission statement to French. I hope no one has anything to say about it, I don't usually translate to French:

• Rendre hommage aux compositeurs de musique de jeux vidéo ainsi qu’à leurs œuvres.

• Encourager l’expression artistique ainsi que son développement à travers des arrangements fait par les fans

• Préserver et promouvoir la musique de jeux vidéo du passé et du présent

• Donner accès à des ressources et à des contacts pour les compositeurs de demain.

• Distribuer au monde entier de la musique de qualité gratuitement

• 2 weeks later...